Experience With Ephedrine?

schultz

Also anyone using this currently?

Yes I am. My largest concern was this: If it raises norepinephrine and norepinephrine raises aromatase. However, I managed to justify the ephedrine because I am also taking arimidex at the moment (amazing what I can convince myself of lol) I am using it because I am doing a cut. I don't care about the thermogenesis, but I like the appetite suppression. I don't go over 50mg a day. I drink enough coffee to get about 800mg to 1g of caffeine as well.

Progesterone

Yes I am. My largest concern was this: If it raises norepinephrine and norepinephrine raises aromatase. However, I managed to justify the ephedrine because I am also taking arimidex at the moment (amazing what I can convince myself of lol) I am using it because I am doing a cut. I don't care about the thermogenesis, but I like the appetite suppression. I don't go over 50mg a day. I drink enough coffee to get about 800mg to 1g of caffeine as well.

Just popped 24mg ephedrine hcl, 200mg caffine. Hellz Yeeeeh.

Do you notice it shedding or thinning your scalp hair at all?

cyclops

I bought some Bronkaide (20mg ephedrine) from CVS a few years ago and I found it interesting how it didn't have nearly the same "superman" feeling as you mentioned earlier.

Some have reported a difference in what they feel from ephedrine HCL and ephedrine sulfate (bronkaid). Most say they feel ephedrine HCL much more.

cyclops

Andrew Murray: Okay. Phenethylamine.

Dr. Ray Peat: But people again are talking about 500 to a 1,000 or 1,500 milligram doses which I think are crazy. I think a helpful dose would be maybe five or 10 milligrams.

I'm going to try this in place of ephedrine. I see Peat recommends 5-10 mgs, but do you think he is being too cautious? If someone is trying to mimic ECA (with a 25mg dose of ephedrine) what do you think a good dose would be?

Progesterone

I'm going to try this in place of ephedrine. I see Peat recommends 5-10 mgs, but do you think he is being too cautious? If someone is trying to mimic ECA (with a 25mg dose of ephedrine) what do you think a good dose would be?

We're talking L-Phenylalanine???

Take at least 500mg...

You won't feel chit from 5mg-10mg lol.

NathanK

Some have reported a difference in what they feel from ephedrine HCL and ephedrine sulfate (bronkaid). Most say they feel ephedrine HCL much more.
I tried Primatene which is the HCL version and IME couldn’t really tell the difference from Bronkaide. Those come in 12mg per pill if I recall (Bronkaide is 20mg). Both seem to work and didn’t notice any “cleaner” feel as some say about Primatene
We're talking L-Phenylalanine???

Take at least 500mg...

You won't feel chit from 5mg-10mg lol.
Not phenylalanine, but PEA (phenylETHYLamine)

Progesterone

I tried Primatene which is the HCL version and IME couldn’t really tell the difference from Bronkaide. Those come in 12mg per pill if I recall (Bronkaide is 20mg). Both seem to work and didn’t notice any “cleaner” feel as some say about Primatene

Not phenylalanine, but PEA (phenylETHYLamine)

Ah Ok..

I've heard PEA is very short-lived and tolerance builds up FAST.

I would doubt it's anywhere near as good as ephedrine for productivity.

tomisonbottom

Yes I am. My largest concern was this: If it raises norepinephrine and norepinephrine raises aromatase.

I wonder if it depends on blood sugar at the time you take it. Even thyroid can raise stress hormone if someone doesn't eat enough.....

DaveFoster

Yah it's freaking awesome lol. I was definitely addicted to it 10 or so years ago.
Yohimbine's fairly euphoric as well and increases the libido. It a beta-adrenergic agonist like ephedrine.

haidut

Forum Supporter
@haidut care to opine? I randomly found myself reading this thread, hehe :)

Not sure what this can do that caffeine cannot also do in higher doses.

Progesterone

FYI...

I take 200mg 5 days a week.

but once a week or so, I'll also dose 24mg ephedrine hcl, preworkout in the morning.

It lasts all day.

Productivity wise.... it just makes me an absolute beast.

Sativa

Synephrine, Octopamine, Halostachine & Hordenine all seem relevant to investigating the nature of Ephedrine...

41598_2019_46627_Fig1_HTML.png

re Hordenine - Hordenine - HerbPedia - molecule:
21626.png

...commonly found in herbal supplements where it’s used as an effective MAO-B inhibitor.
...also useful as a norepinephrine (noradrenaline) uptake inhibitor.[1]
Hordenine is a mild short acting CNS stimulant in man that causes a release of norepinephrine.
It’s also a highly selective substrate of MAO-B and acts as a temporary reversible MAO-B inhibitor. Because hordenine crosses the blood brain barrier it is able to inhibit MAO-B enzymes in both the body and brain.
Hordenine is also antiasthmatic, antidiarrheal, antifeedant, antispasmodic, bronchorelaxant, cardiotonic, hepatoprotective, sympathicomimetic, and acts as a vasoconstrictor.

re Halostachine - similar in structure to Ephedrine.
Halostachine acts as a beta-adrenergic receptor agonist similar to that of Ephedrine, but with a tone down in potency
Second-7.jpg

re Octopamine - Investigations into Esoteric Phenethylamines
While all of these are interesting, the only one I have personally investigated is octopamine. Octopamine is a highly potent TAAR agonist like phenethylamine, causing euphoria and a norepinephrine rush. Because it is not a D2 agonist like phenethylamine, it doesn't block the large part of its own euphoric capabilities and thus is more euphoric than phenethylamine.
According to wikipedia the most potent TAAR agonist is tyramine, followed by phenethylamine, followed by octopamine. Octopamine is not as potent of a norepinephrine releasing agent as tyramine is, and thus greater euphoria can be achieved from it than tyramine.
Octopamine is said from a few scant sources to be a substrate for MAO-A and B. Therefore using hordenine should potentiate it and (hopefully) extend its duration. I haven't tested for this yet.
Analgesic Properties of Phenylethylamine and Phenylethanolamine in Mice
Phenylethanolamine is endogenously produced and has stimulant and analgesic properties, and is produced from phenethylamine administration.

http://content.karger.com/ProdukteDB/produkte.asp?Doi=136514
The Pharmacological Actions of Phenylethanolamine
http://ebm.rsmjournals.com/content/25/4/275.extract
Demonstration and Distribution of Phenylethanolamine in Brain and Other Tissues
http://www.mendeley.com/research/de...henylethanolamine-in-brain-and-other-tissues/

Hmmm... IMPORTANT. Anyone know how to get it? Possibly de-oxidation of octopamine?
re Synephrine - I've done my own extensive 'neuro-pharmacological' & psychoactive research online:
I keep reading that synephrine is a safer form of ephedrine, being like ephedrine but lacking the serious side effects.
I've heard if feels more like hordenine than ephedrine. Hordenine doesn't feel anything like adrenalin, and ephedrine pretty much mimics the effects of adrenelin.
There’s not much user feedback available for synephrine. I will order it and try it out. I hate talking about something I haven’t tried yet. It looks interesting enough to give it a test drive. I’m sure it would probably go well with caffeine.
I’ve taken up to 10 mg of synephrine. It’s like hordenine but more crisp, more euphoric. I feels more adrenalin-like.
Synephrine has an XLogP3 of -0.6. And yet it produces some euphoria. Its pretty nice. It produces more euphoria than hordenine does. It’s not a lot, but it’s there. I also feel mentally stimulated from it. It should not cross the BBB. I thought you could not get euphoria and mental stimulation from alkaloids that don't cross the BBB.
source: Synephrine: a safer form of ephedrine?

Seeing as i'm here i searched on this forum for any synephrine posts... found this:
In a scientific review published in the journal Phytotherapy Research in February 2016, researchers from New York and Nebraska discuss 'thermogenic agents', that is, substances that boost the metabolism as ways to reduce body weight. In addition to caffeine and ephedrine as being two of these substances, they also cite p-synephrine (bitter orange extract), capsaicin, forskolin (Coleus root extract), and chlorogenic acid (green coffee bean extract), our good friend Naringin, and a few others.

Study: Novel immunoassay and rapid immunoaffinity chromatography method for the detection and selective extraction of naringin in Citrus aurantium. - PubMed - NCBI

Last edited: