Exercise causes (and worsens) arterial calcification

peter88

If you are into weightlifting, using cables and machines seems to be more peat friendly compared to free weights.

Eberhardt

Walking is indeed great. Running is probably also fine but only while glycogen-bound - i.e. as soon as the glycogen is depleted and fatty acid oxidation starts then it is no longer beneficial. The intensity should also be such that one can hold a conversation without gasping for air. He also mentioned swimming in one recent show and has always spoken favorably about concentric exercise - contracting the muscle with a load, but removing the load when relaxing it. Traditional weight lifting and most exercises have both components, so not ideal. Exercises that are mostly concentric include things like climbing stairs, pushing heavy objects horizontally or even at small incline, throwing things like baseball/basketball, etc.
I am quite familiar with exercise physiology but still find it hard to say where that glycogen limit is. The breathlessness can largely be avoided by never exceeding nosebreeding capability. But what is the average time frame before going into fatty acid aoxidation? 15-20minutes?

More reasons to practice yoga. It is the best for your body - all versions of it except the fake kinds that try to be " workouts " and the hot yoga crap.

清貴杉山

Nothing makes me feel better than working out tbh i will not cut it,its a bit misleading tbh,working out 45 50 minutes a couple times a week is not the same than working out 1,5 2hs several times a week plus breathless cardio,if you are working out like the first example keep doing it,dont be a fatass

japanesedude

I always drink big bottle of coke with 3-5g Glycine after riding a 30miles by bike
Glycine prevents muscle ache and my body recovers faster.

yerrag

Look into serrapeptase and vitamin K2. The latter supposedly helps prevent deposition of calcium into soft tissues (like blood vessels)

Not advisable.

Do you speak from experience? If so, let us know what you did.

Serrapeptase can also lyse the fibrous cap of arterial plaque and cause the necrotic core trapped between the intima and the media in arteries to ooze out through the destroyed fibrous cap, and the necrotic core, composed of foam cells (made of macrophages and oxidized ldl) can cause arteries to be blocked, and if not, can also block capillaries that feed organs, leading to loss of perfusion through the capilaries and lack of blood flow to organs.

Of course, this is dependent on dosage, but the tendency is for people to use large doses because the makers of serrapeptase and of systemic enzymes generally will tell people "there is no risk of overdose."

Mr Joe

@haidut I thought that avoiding the eccentric part during weight lifting was only regarding the muscle beeing under stress and to avoid any tear during that process. I thought that what's making the prolactin and cortisol increase is the overbreathing / decrease in sugar. Knowing that avoiding the eccentric part (for exemple during basic dumbbells exercice or bench) is almost impossible, do you suggest that these exercice are still harmful even with avoiding maximum the eccentric part and focusing on concentric ?

peter88

@haidut I thought that avoiding the eccentric part during weight lifting was only regarding the muscle beeing under stress and to avoid any tear during that process. I thought that what's making the prolactin and cortisol increase is the overbreathing / decrease in sugar. Knowing that avoiding the eccentric part (for exemple during basic dumbbells exercice or bench) is almost impossible, do you suggest that these exercice are still harmful even with avoiding maximum the eccentric part and focusing on concentric ?
Just drop the weight at the top of the movement and boom, no eccentric. So oly lifts and deadlifts would be the best. Also dips and pull ups if you jump down at the top.

Mr Joe

Just drop the weight at the top of the movement and boom, no eccentric. So oly lifts and deadlifts would be the best. Also dips and pull ups if you jump down at the top.
Then I think you were correct ! Using cable to work 100% concentric and let the cables go after that seems to be the best ! Machine is more difficult if you don't want to disturb the whole gym with the autistic noise lol

NewACC

I have a very physically demanding job which I do for 8 to 12 hours a day. Is there any particular supplements i can take to off set this?
sorry to be so late, but you should definitely look into a combination of cyproheptadine and t3, such as turkish tiromel. THIS SHOULD HELP YOU SO MUCH, TRY IT!!! Also, do not forget to consume enough protein: up to 40g 4 times a day is the limit and a lot of calcium and magnesium, you will scale cortisol and aldosterone, which means there will be functional hypothyroidism and zinc, magnesium, calcium, sodium, potassium, etc. can be depleted and remember to get enough of these essential minerals @haidut, can you add something?

NewACC

This quote feels profound yet makes zero sense to me at the same time.

Do what you need to do and nothing more?
I agree - this quote does not make any sense, because it says that we do not need to do anything if it is not necessary or required - stupid propaganda of passivity, when the miracle of our existence lies in the need for creation, creativity and activity

Eberhardt

I-m not sure there is much point in avoiding the eccentric. I looked into the studies purporting to show this kind of damage and they were all conducted by forcing mice to run downhill for like 90 minutes straight. No s**t that is stressfull. :(

peter88

I-m not sure there is much point in avoiding the eccentric. I looked into the studies purporting to show this kind of damage and they were all conducted by forcing mice to run downhill for like 90 minutes straight. No s**t that is stressfull. :(
Yeah I agree. I went back to lifting normally and I really don’t feel different as long as I don’t over do it.