Exercise and fat loss; can exercise make you gain fat?

Hans

Forum Supporter
Is it a good idea to exercise for fat loss? Yes and no...
Check it out and I'd love to hear your thoughts and experience with this topic.

Is it a good idea to exercise for fat loss? Yes and no...
Check it out and I'd love to hear your thoughts and experience with this topic.

What about getting in 10,000 steps a day of activity that we’ve all heard about? That’s what I try to achieve with a pedometer I have. I use it because it basically keeps me moving :) it’s not necessarily intense exercise, but when I‘m climbing hills, it gets a little more intense. I just keep moving throughout the day.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
What about getting in 10,000 steps a day of activity that we’ve all heard about? That’s what I try to achieve with a pedometer I have. I use it because it basically keeps me moving :) it’s not necessarily intense exercise, but when I‘m climbing hills, it gets a little more intense. I just keep moving throughout the day.
I'd say it's a good reminder to move more. But if even that is too exhausting for some, then they might overcompensate with food.

I'd say it's a good reminder to move more. But if even that is too exhausting for some, then they might overcompensate with food.
So is the “10,000 steps a day” goal a good way to lose weight? I find it keeps me from overeating.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
So is the “10,000 steps a day” goal a good way to lose weight? I find it keeps me from overeating.
Yes, it's a good way to increase NEAT, which will help with total energy expenditure. It's good that helps you not to overeat as well.

Yes, it's a good way to increase NEAT, which will help with total energy expenditure. It's good that helps you not to overeat as well.
Thanks, I read your article on NEAT. Very interesting!

dabdabdab

I have experienced weight gain after exercise not just because of cortisol but due to serotonin and edema.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
I have experienced weight gain after exercise not just because of cortisol but due to serotonin and edema.
When I'm overreaching a little too much, I tend to hold more water. Any inflammatory stimulus the body can't deal with quickly enough has accumulative effects.

LadyRae

Yes, I do too! I lose 1-2 inches from my upper thighs when I don't exercise for a few days. Instead just focus on getting 10-12,000 steps throughout a day.