Exemestane for women?

OP
T

Tansia

I have been taking exemestane for almost a year now. My estrogen was high (which showed up on my bloodwork), and I had been experiencing symptoms for a few years that would not resolve, even with large doses of progesterone (progest-e), vitamin e, aspirin, methelyne blue, etc. I had developed painful fibrocystic breast disease, I had so many fibroids that my uterus was the size of a 5 mo pregnancy, and my periods were so long and heavy that I also developed significant anemia. I started off with 1/2 tablet/day (12.5mg) and within a few weeks my periods had normalized and my pre-period breast tenderness stopped. Fastforward to present, my uterus is no longer right under my navel and is almost back to its normal size and the cysts in my breast are gone. I personally have not felt any side effects from the exemestane. I suspect that I may not have been clearing estrogen because of some stubborn digestive issues I was having, which I am working on. Once that is resolved, and I confirm that my lumps are all gone, I'm planning on getting off of it. In the meantime though, it's been the ONLY thing that has worked in my situation.
Thank you for sharing @Amazigh .I agree that sometimes even progest-e in large doses and thyroid and other safer options don't help when estrogen dominance is really severe. I'm glad it helped you and you did not fell any side effects :) Have you noticed how it affected your libido and body temperature? Maybe you could lower the dose to 2,5mg which can estrogen but should be overall safer.

Amazigh

I can't tell because my libido had already been low from other stress, feeling like ***t physically, and HPV--but libido is also a "use it or lose it" thing. Based on this, I had started to experiment with self-pleasure to bring it back, which I did for a few days straight, and I saw a significant increase in libido. As far as reducing my dose, that will probably come in the near future. I had increased it to full-strength (25mg) last fall and that's when I saw the drastic improvements, so i want to keep it up for a while.

OP
T

Tansia

I can't tell because my libido had already been low from other stress, feeling like ***t physically, and HPV--but libido is also a "use it or lose it" thing. Based on this, I had started to experiment with self-pleasure to bring it back, which I did for a few days straight, and I saw a significant increase in libido. As far as reducing my dose, that will probably come in the near future. I had increased it to full-strength (25mg) last fall and that's when I saw the drastic improvements, so i want to keep it up for a while.
Yeah I agree that's best to listen what your body tells you, exemestane clearly helped you a lot to improve your health. Wish you all the best @Amazigh :)

golder

Just found some Exemestane powder. Is there anything to look out for to ascertain its authenticity? Does it have some kind of smell, texture, or any other obvious signs that it is genuine? Thanks!

OP
T

Tansia

Hi @Amazigh. I wonder how are you doing? Are you still on Exemestane or you revered and you have stopped taking it? I seriously consider using it for my estrogen dominance issues - progesterone and thyroid can't cope with that. My testosterone lvls are below normal - which is a big issue and I am hoping that perhaps Exemestane can help with that.

Amazigh

Hi, I'm actually still taking it because I have a fibroid in my breast that I'm shrinking with it, so I think I need to take it at full dose a little longer. Still no side effects. My fibroids though are almost gone.

OP
T

Tansia

Hi, I'm actually still taking it because I have a fibroid in my breast that I'm shrinking with it, so I think I need to take it at full dose a little longer. Still no side effects. My fibroids though are almost gone.
Woow that's amazing and I'm really happy you've found a way to help yourself :)