Exemestane Attenuates Hepatic Fibrosis in Rats by Inhibiting Activation of Hepatic Stellate Cells and Promoting the Secretion of Interleukin 10

LucyL

Besides inhibiting aromatase activity, EXE has multiple biological functions, such as antiproliferation, anti-inflammatory, and antioxidant activities which are all involved in hepatic fibrosis.
Additionally, EXE promoted the secretion of antifibrotic and anti-inflammatory cytokine IL-10 in vivo

Interesting. Thanks for posting.

T

TheBeard

Hello all, today I found very good study about exemestane and liver fibrosis. It seems that all aromatase inhibitors are not "bad" for us. Seems that I will buy some :D
Exemestane Attenuates Hepatic Fibrosis in Rats by Inhibiting Activation of Hepatic Stellate Cells and Promoting the Secretion of Interleukin 10
@Hans , @haidut

A balance between benefits and drawbacks has to be made.
Estrogen is protective to the liver, I wonder how their reduction counters the direct protective effects of Exemestane overall.

T

TheBeard

How so? Or in what context would this hold true?

OP
Broken man

Broken man

A balance between benefits and drawbacks has to be made.
Estrogen is protective to the liver, I wonder how their reduction counters the direct protective effects of Exemestane overall.
Maybe, I dont know now. I have high estrogen and prolactin/ low testosterone while having liver problems. I am taking letrozole now but its full of bad additives cuz its generic but must say that I am feeling much better. Also read study where low dose letrozole normalised testosterone in obese men. Only problem is that I am not detoxifying estrogen from my blood so I have bad smell and oily skin.

OP
Broken man

Broken man

If you read the study I posted, you will see that the scientists also thought exemestane would lead to liver problems while it was not true.

ilhanxx

Letrozole is not safe like exemestane.
In my side exemestane is not safe, it lowers progesterone, I used aromasin many times even very low doses, but it gave me more weight and libido bone pain issues, why letrozole not safe? Is there any clinical report? If so, I give up, I am ok with letrol brand a meanwhile.

Last edited:

5a-DHP

In my side exemestane is not safe, it lowers progesterone, I used aromasin many times even very low doses, but it gave me more weight and libido bone pain issues, why letrozole not safe? Is there any clinical report? If so, I give up, I am ok with letrol brand a meanwhile.
The -zole AIs reduce progesterone and the expression of its receptor as well.
Anastrozole is also an estrogen receptor alpha agonist.

ilhanxx

5a-DHP

this study say the opposite

It doesn't contradict anything in the papers I linked.
Did you read your study - particularly the methodology - in its entirety before posting, or just glance the abstract?

OP
Broken man

Broken man

Haidut posted study anastrazole is estrogen agonist. Also fb group of bodybuilding warned me about letrozole being the worst AI causing estrogen rebound. Even the benefit of increasing interleukin 10 Is huge man.