Exemestane (AI) Protects Against Parkinson

LCohen

Potential repositioning of exemestane as a neuroprotective agent for Parkinson's disease. - PubMed - NCBI

...Exemestane activated the transcription factor Nrf2 and induced expression of the Nrf2-dependent genes that encode the antioxidant enzymes NAD(P)H: quinone oxidoreductase 1, haem oxygenase-1, and glutamylcysteine ligase. It also downregulated gene expression of inducible nitric oxide (NO) synthase, lowered the levels of NO and reactive oxygen species, interleukin-1β and tumour necrosis factor-α in lipopolysaccharide-activated microglial cells. In CATH.a dopaminergic neuronal cells, exemestane also induced the same set of Nrf2-dependent antioxidant enzyme genes and provided neuroprotection against oxidative damage...

Mauritio

Potential repositioning of exemestane as a neuroprotective agent for Parkinson's disease. - PubMed - NCBI

...Exemestane activated the transcription factor Nrf2 and induced expression of the Nrf2-dependent genes that encode the antioxidant enzymes NAD(P)H: quinone oxidoreductase 1, haem oxygenase-1, and glutamylcysteine ligase. It also downregulated gene expression of inducible nitric oxide (NO) synthase, lowered the levels of NO and reactive oxygen species, interleukin-1β and tumour necrosis factor-α in lipopolysaccharide-activated microglial cells. In CATH.a dopaminergic neuronal cells, exemestane also induced the same set of Nrf2-dependent antioxidant enzyme genes and provided neuroprotection against oxidative damage...
Great, it seems like a pretty cool substance. Lowering Estrogen, NO, probably increasing Testosterone. I think it has pretty strong progesteronic activity... The only bad thing I could think of is possible Liver toxicity that these substances often have, dont know about exemestane though...
But I am already using androsterone, is there any benefit from exemeastane over androsterone?
@haidut

Last edited:

haidut

Forum Supporter
Great, it seems like a pretty cool substance. Lowering Estrogen, NO probably increasing Testosterone. I think it has pretty strong progesteronic activity... The only bad thing I could think of is possible Liver toxicity that these substances often have, dont know about exemestane though...
But I am already using androsterone, is there any benefit from exemeastane over androsterone?
@haidut

Exemestane actually protects the liver, probably due to its anti-estrogenic effects.
Exemestane Attenuates Hepatic Fibrosis in Rats by Inhibiting Activation of Hepatic Stellate Cells and Promoting the Secretion of Interleukin 10. - PubMed - NCBI

Mauritio

Interesting!
I begin to wonder if theres anything this cant do .And given one takes a lowish dose (5mg /week) it might be really affordable and a good thing to try even if one doesn't have strong aromatization problem ...

OP
L

LCohen

Great, it seems like a pretty cool substance. Lowering Estrogen, NO, probably increasing Testosterone. I think it has pretty strong progesteronic activity... The only bad thing I could think of is possible Liver toxicity that these substances often have, dont know about exemestane though...
@haidut

Yep. It also has anti-inflammatory, anti-oxidant activity.

Relevance of anti-inflammatory and antioxidant activities of exemestane and synergism with sulforaphane for disease prevention

haidut

Forum Supporter
Interesting!
I begin to wonder if theres anything this cant do .And given one takes a lowish dose (5mg /week) it might be really affordable and a good thing to try even if one doesn't have strong aromatization problem ...

A dose of 5mg/week is too low. Good estrogen suppression occurs at 5mg daily, and maximum suppression occurs at 10mg daily. Beyond that it does not suppress estrogen any more but starts having suppressive effects on other steroids and that is not desirable. So, for most people a dose in the 5mg-10mg daily range would likely be the sweet spot.

OP
L

LCohen

Great , how is your try with it going?

I haven't done a blood test. But one of the noticable effect of is increased libido. A little weight loss, I feel less bloated. Also my scalp hair grows faster with Exemestane.

Mauritio

I haven't done a blood test. But one of the noticable effect of is increased libido. A little weight loss, I feel less bloated. Also my scalp hair grows faster with Exemestane.
Thanks, any supposed effects on testosterone like increased spontaneous erections ,morning wood or increased muscle size?

Mauritio

A dose of 5mg/week is too low. Good estrogen suppression occurs at 5mg daily, and maximum suppression occurs at 10mg daily. Beyond that it does not suppress estrogen any more but starts having suppressive effects on other steroids and that is not desirable. So, for most people a dose in the 5mg-10mg daily range would likely be the sweet spot.
Thanks , I think I'll start with 2.5 mg EOD and see how it goes from there...

OP
L

LCohen

Thanks, any supposed effects on testosterone like increased spontaneous erections ,morning wood or increased muscle size?

Morning woods...

Oh God yes. Every damn morning. LOL

Can't say anything about erection quality or muscle gains, it's too early.

Mauritio

Morning woods...

Oh God yes. Every damn morning. LOL

Can't say anything about erection quality or muscle gains, it's too early.
Okay man , I'll see for myself ;)

Soundios

Haidut, could you please elaborate on this? if one was to experiment with Aromasin above 10mg a day what steroids are suppressed?
Thank you.

Mauritio

Where do you get it? It is expensive
Depends on the dosage. 2,5 mg every day would last you about 5 months , which means about 14€ per months ,which is not super cheap but still affordable..
PM me if you want a good source from / for europe

haidut

Forum Supporter
Haidut, could you please elaborate on this? if one was to experiment with Aromasin above 10mg a day what steroids are suppressed?
Thank you.

This has been discussed before. Search the forum for "exemestane suppression".

T

TheBeard

I shed both scalp and forearm hair on Exemestane. I don't understand the mechanism at play.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals