Excessive Burping

barbwirehouse

I've been burping on/off for weeks now, some days a lot, some days not at all, some days just a bit.

I supplement with magnesium, 300-600mg aspirin (when I feel bad, maybe every... 2-4 days? Usually 300mg, 600mg rarely) and 1-2 tablespoons of gelatin a day. I do not believe these are the causes as the burping has been happening since before I started these.

My diet

b6yz0Gk.png

OP
B

barbwirehouse

Woke up today with only 7.5 hours of sleep.

The burping continues this morning. I had a grated carrot salad and that subdued it for a bit but it's back now.

The burping is accompanied by a bit of stomach discomfort and sometimes a headache, not pulsing, just annoyingly sore.

Anybody got any ideas what could causing this? Gut bacteria? Reaction to food? I have no idea, I don't have gardia either.

Oregano oil made me burp constantly for hours.

SQu

It's not something I know much about but I did wonder about the carrot salad helping. Perhaps if you're having vinegar with it, it's that. Lately I've had some indigestion but some acv with a meal seems to help.

OP
B

barbwirehouse

Such_Saturation said:
Oregano oil made me burp constantly for hours.

Interesting. As far as I know, I'm not consuming any oregano oil but I'll look into it.

sueq said:
It's not something I know much about but I did wonder about the carrot salad helping. Perhaps if you're having vinegar with it, it's that. Lately I've had some indigestion but some acv with a meal seems to help.

I actually didn't have any vinegar with it this time. I'll keep you guys posted when I wake up tomorrow. It's usually the morning when it's the worst, the burping has pretty much stopped for me now. So weird and erratic.

OP
B

barbwirehouse

Well, I woke up today after 9 hours of sleep with nauseas and belching even worse than before.

I went to gym nonetheless, which was a bad idea. I come came out in worse condition than i came in. I've booked myself a doctor's appointment. I believe I may have gastritis or a peptic ulcer, maybe caused by a strong infection of H. pylori. Or it could just be lactose intolerance... :roll:

On the subject of H. pylori, does anybody know what Peat thinks of the H. pylori? I believe he would think it's bad. :shootself

A study on the topic - Helicobacter pylori infection is significantly associated with metabolic syndrome in the Japanese population

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19086952

Bluebell

I don't know but, one idea could it be that the 4 cups orange juice (and yogurt) is too acidic for you and causing GERD?

OP
B

barbwirehouse

Bluebell said:
I don't know but, one idea could it be that the 4 cups orange juice (and yogurt) is too acidic for you and causing GERD?

I don't think the yogurt is of issue, it's a very small amount and greek so extremely low in lactic. The orange juice I thought could be an issue but I seem to be handling it fine.

Thanks for the post anyways Bluebell. :mrgreen:

Helicobacter pylori negative for at least a decade here. I also get that when I sit very much slumped forwards.

OP
B

barbwirehouse

The mystery is solved!

Not very a good conclusion though. :help Turns out I have mild barrett's esophagus. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barrett%27s_esophagus

I might get cancer and heart palpitations (eventually heart attack) as a result of large losses of potassium & water.

Basically the cells in the bottom of esophagus have changed in response to exposure to stomach acid and digestive enzymes. It can be the beginning of a process that leads to cancer of the esophagus but there are several stages of cellular changes that have to occur between Barrett's and actual cancer. I think, from reading online, the chances of developing esophageal cancer in people with Barrett's is calculated to be around 1 in 200 per year.

I'm currently taking some strong antiacids I've been prescribed. Any thoughts or suggestions about this?

barbwirehouse said:
The mystery is solved!

Not very a good conclusion though. :help Turns out I have mild barrett's esophagus. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barrett%27s_esophagus

I might get cancer and heart palpitations (eventually heart attack) as a result of large losses of potassium & water.

Basically the cells in the bottom of esophagus have changed in response to exposure to stomach acid and digestive enzymes. It can be the beginning of a process that leads to cancer of the esophagus but there are several stages of cellular changes that have to occur between Barrett's and actual cancer. I think, from reading online, the chances of developing esophageal cancer in people with Barrett's is calculated to be around 1 in 200 per year.

I'm currently taking some strong antiacids I've been prescribed. Any thoughts or suggestions about this?

Don't take the ones with aluminium... I bet vitamin A can reverse Barrett's esophagus...

peatypie

It is my understanding that we have too little stomach acid as we age...not too much. So I don't understand the antacids. Betaine HCI helps me whenever I experience burping...which is infrequent.

Well given that his esophagus is turning into stomach lining I'd say some form of damage control is understandable.

Jennifer

Yeah, some people produce too much stomach acid and some too little. Apple cider vinegar is great for those with too little and bicarbonate for those with too much. Antacids generally use an alkaline ion to neutralize stomach acid.

Barbwirehouse, if you haven't tried it already, you could take eggshell powder (calcium carbonate) and see if that helps.

Jsaute21

I am currently struggling with this as well right now and it is very off putting. Anybody here deal with this before?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals