Excess vitamin intake: An unrecognized risk factor for obesity

DonLore

How the hell would B1, B2 and B3 be "well-known fat gainers", doesnt sound factual at all. Quite the opposite actually

How the hell would B1, B2 and B3 be "well-known fat gainers", doesnt sound factual at all. Quite the opposite actually
It probably works by increased appetite.

Rats on B1 + carbohydrates ad libitum were fatter than rats with B1-deficiency + carbohydrates ad libitum. It seems they ate more...

The interesting thing is that the fatty acids created by carbohydrates in these rats were mostly saturated. Ray Peat also said that fats created by the human body through carbohydrate overload are healthy fats.

So I'd assume excess (B-)vitamin intake + carbohydrate overload could make you one of the healthy obese people, whom haidut made a thread about not long ago:

youngsinatra

Micronutrient deficiencies can lead to excessive wasting of calories by being forced to perform anaerobic metabolism, which yields much less ATP than oxidative phosphorylation. With certain micronutrient deficiencies OXPHOS can‘t be performed, leaving nothing else except the inefficient anaerobic metabolism.

Ray said that he needed 8000 calories when he was severe hypothyroid. Nowadays he seems to need a normal amount of calories. It‘s not that much about fast vs slow metabolism, but efficient vs inefficient metabolism.

AnonE

This is a weird one...

"It has long been known that B vitamins at doses below their toxicity threshold strongly promote body fat gain."

That's news to me.

"Studies have demonstrated that formulas, which have very high levels of vitamins, significantly promote infant weight gain, especially fat mass gain, a known risk factor for children developing obesity."

Oh are these the 'modern' formulas with PUFAs? I doubt it's the B-vitamins.

Glancing through this study, it looks like they found something that correlates with obesity. But guess what, I'm sure fatter people eating more foods will get more of a lot of things, not just B-vitamins.

1630690676265.png

Pretty good correlations no doubt. But let's see PUFA for instance.

Dr. B

It probably works by increased appetite.

Rats on B1 + carbohydrates ad libitum were fatter than rats with B1-deficiency + carbohydrates ad libitum. It seems they ate more...

The interesting thing is that the fatty acids created by carbohydrates in these rats were mostly saturated. Ray Peat also said that fats created by the human body through carbohydrate overload are healthy fats.

So I'd assume excess (B-)vitamin intake + carbohydrate overload could make you one of the healthy obese people, whom haidut made a thread about not long ago:
what about fat gained or created from poor metabolism? like hypothyroid people gain/store more fat on the same calories, is that fat mostly saturated too?
also idk about b vitamins but vitamin D3 seems to have potential to really screw the metabolism cause of its effects on vitamin A or other vitamins.