Excess Thyroid Increases Estrogen?

superhuman

@tca300 When you take T3 and divide it in water like you did with tsp, so you could get 1 mcg etc. Have you also tried it with the new Tyronene which consists of SFA ester and ethanol ? if so did it work the same? or have you only done it with the DMSO version ?

Did you try TyroMix or T3/T4 combinations earlier and how did that go? i felt i remember you taking about that T4 did not resolve anything for you and make it worse, no matter the dose?

T

tca300

@superhuman I don't own the new SFA ester product, so I have no clue. I agree with Ray and for me T4 needs to be with T3, but sometimes using T3 during the day and then a t3/t4 before bed seems to work good.

superhuman

@superhuman I don't own the new SFA ester product, so I have no clue. I agree with Ray and for me T4 needs to be with T3, but sometimes using T3 during the day and then a t3/t4 before bed seems to work good.
Great. Did you try 1 drop (8mcg) drop with meals any time? was that to much? i will do the 3 drops TyroMix before bed then and use T3 only during the day. Just have to figure out dosage and or frequency

ddjd

There were several posts about this on the old peatarian forums. People experiencing estrogenic effects from thyroid supplementation, whether T3 or T4 or dessicated, and even in small amounts like 1 mcg of T3 or a few mcg of T4. The more thyroid, the stronger estrogen effects. I'm surprised it hasn't been mentioned more here, and most posters here push thyroid supplementation on any TSH above 3, which I think is rather silly
Exactly the problem I have. T3 raises my estrogen

ddjd

From what I have read on this site, I am beginning to believe that for males dht is needed to heal metabolism and correct estrogen issues. Have you tried progesterone?

I find progesterone helps a lot of my symptoms, but kills my drive, most likely due to its anti-androgen properties. I think that Supplementing dht would have the same benefits of progesterone, but without the negative effects in males. I am going to try this soon and make a post.
I've tried DHT. It's great for some things but the anti estrogen effect just isn't there, for me at least

ddjd

An effective way to use supplements is to take a combination T4-T3 dose, e.g., 40 mcg of T4 and 10 mcg of T3 once a day, and to use a few mcg of T3 at other times in the day. Keeping a 14-day chart of pulse rate and temperature allows you to see whether the dose is producing the desired response. If the figures aren't increasing at all after a few days, the dose can be increased, until a gradual daily increment can be seen, moving toward the goal at the rate of about 1/14 per day" - RP
Why does haidut use a ratio of 2:1 instead of the 4:1 that ray recommends.

I definitely suffer from this T3 raising estrogen issue. But I've found with sufficient T4, it can actually have an anti estrogen effect.

I just don't understand the science of why T3 alone is Estrogenic, whilst T4+T3 can help lower Estrogen

OP
D

docall18

Why does haidut use a ratio of 2:1 instead of the 4:1 that ray recommends.

I definitely suffer from this T3 raising estrogen issue. But I've found with sufficient T4, it can actually have an anti estrogen effect.

I just don't understand the science of why T3 alone is Estrogenic, whilst T4+T3 can help lower Estrogen

Ya i find a T4:T3 ratio of around 7:1 seems to be working better for me. Taking NDT or cynoplus (4:1 ratio) gave me good T3 labs but low T4 labs.

I think having low T4 maybe raises adrenaline, and thus estrogen & cortisol.

ddjd

Ya i find a T4:T3 ratio of around 7:1 seems to be working better for me. Taking NDT or cynoplus (4:1 ratio) gave me good T3 labs but low T4 labs.

I think having low T4 maybe raises adrenaline, and thus estrogen & cortisol.
ok that's really interesting. So which product do you use to get that ratio?

@dookie, @Vida , @RKIII, have you experimented with a higher ratio of T4 and T3, I think it might be the best option for those of us who are estrogen inclined

Last edited:

Mauritio

Dewitt from the old peatarian.com site offered an interesting theory. He suspected a low metabolism as a physiological defense strategy in response to high endotoxin. This view would als match with the observed liver problems in the study above. I could imagine that artificially ramping up metabolism in the face of high endotoxin load could actually make things worse. Personally I also observe an intricate relationship between my gut-health and the ability to pump my metabolism in a way that "feels" good. Also Cyproheptadine for example enormously increases my coffe tolerance.
Interesting!
Then Antibiotics, Charcoal and so on might restore liver function and improve thyroid tolerance...And in this light it would also make sense that some people can only successfully use thyroid when they have gotten rid of their endotoxin problem!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals