Excess Sebum - What Causes This?

Motif

i have it on the scalp and in the face.

When I scratch it off everyday I don't get eczema. But how can I bring the sebum production down?

Could it be related to eating fats? I mean sebum is fat, so maybe a overproduction is caused by too much fats or bad fat digestion?

pisser

stress, dht, over stimulation of adrenal glands. Pufas probably, cause I've noticed a shift in sebum production after avoiding them.

apple cidar vinegar and herbal (dht inhibiting) shampoos help for combating excess sebum production around the scalp area without really messing around with your hormones. And it's cheap too.

Runenight201

Travis has written extensively on sebum production, androgens, and IGF-1. If you want a thorough biochemical approach to sebum production I would search his name and sebum/IGF-1/acne/androgens.

In general, I have found that my sebum goes way down the less amount of fat I eat. I don't eliminate it though and leave room for fat naturally found in the sparse amount of meat I eat daily and a little bit of cheese and low-fat yogurt. I've removed butter and cream from my diet.

Eating appropriate foods that bring me energy, good moods, and great sleep also help with less sebum.

From a theoretical approach, one could rationalize that all animal products and fat would result in excess sebum. However, I've found that the exclusion of all animal products has always tanked energy and mood for me, and also doesn't eliminate the sebum and/or acne. Excess starch usually exacerbates acne, probably related to endotoxin and maldigestion.

Coffee/tea surprisingly help my sebum production, but obviously too much and I become over stimulated and frequently urinating.

Excess meat is terrible for my sebum.

A salicylic acid face wash is a good external approach to controlling sebum while one pinpoints diet.

I also haven't showered in about 3 days and surpisingly my face is pretty clean right now and I don't smell. Showering is probably overrated in a healthy individual who doesn't produce body odor and hasn't sweated (which has been my case for the past 3 days, due to consuming too little calories which has impeded my ability to exercise, as well as the cooler climate).

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals