Excess estrogen causing more hip/fat

rosiep

Hi, I am wondering if anyone can tell me if that have had this experience. I am female, 45 years old. Have been adopting this new lifestyle about a month and a half. I am noticing more fat on my hips and thighs, yet nothing really anywhere else increase body fat wise. Could this just be the first stages of me getting rid of estrogen? I know some weight gain is typical, but I usually gain it all over. Just wondering if anyone else has had this happen and if there is something I can do or change? Thank you

Nicole Carter

Yes, I have gained about 10lbs since coming off carnivore. I notice it mostly in my hips and thighs as well. My labs showed slightly elevated estrogen so I am assuming it’s that. I just started a very low dose T3 and finally seeing some of it coming off in recent days.

OP
R

rosiep

Ok so that’s good to know I am not the only one. But I already take a thyroid med because I have 1/2 thyroid. Is there another way? I’m not sure I can alter my thyroid med

Nicole Carter

Ok so that’s good to know I am not the only one. But I already take a thyroid med because I have 1/2 thyroid. Is there another way? I’m not sure I can alter my thyroid med
Eating low fat high fruit seems to help.

Beastmode

The type of thyroid medication can make a difference. I hope it has T3 in it.

OP
R

rosiep

It’s synthroid. I think that has t3. I am getting labs done soon for my thyroid I will be interested to see how it’s functioning

Beastmode

It’s synthroid. I think that has t3. I am getting labs done soon for my thyroid I will be interested to see how it’s functioning
Synthroid is T4. I think many here and Peat himself would say that's not the best idea. T4 doesn't convert to T3 for women, in general. Also, if you're missing half your thyroid, getting this sorted out is quite crucial. Women don't typically get enough protein per day which is important to keep the liver strong which is where T4 converts to T3. Peat's famous carrot salad is a big one as it helps remove the excess estrogen.

Find a doctor, or order from Mexico like most do here, a good combo T3/T4 and possibly consider taking T3 directly.

OP
R

rosiep

Thank you for clearing that up. Ok.. I do the carrot salad every day, I do follow a 2300 Calorie diet that includes 1 gram of protein per body weight. I’ve cut out the pufas and other crap. Where does everyone get their t3? I can guarantee my doctor won’t be cool with giving me that. And what dose?

Beastmode

Thank you for clearing that up. Ok.. I do the carrot salad every day, I do follow a 2300 Calorie diet that includes 1 gram of protein per body weight. I’ve cut out the pufas and other crap. Where does everyone get their t3? I can guarantee my doctor won’t be cool with giving me that. And what dose?

I'm sure you can find the sites on here, but I use mymexicandrugstore.com. There's a few people use on this site.

Consider a safe physiological dose that you can use certain metrics like body temp, pulse, digestion, sleep, etc. Depending on which thyroid supplement you get will determine the dosage.

Also, you can use the search function on here to get a lot of general understanding of thyroid dosage, etc so you're comfortable making an educated decision that's best for you. T3 takes a shorter amount of time to dial in your dosage in my experience and T3/T4 might take a week or 2. Lot's of nuances, but search through the site.

LadyRae

Hi, I am wondering if anyone can tell me if that have had this experience. I am female, 45 years old. Have been adopting this new lifestyle about a month and a half. I am noticing more fat on my hips and thighs, yet nothing really anywhere else increase body fat wise. Could this just be the first stages of me getting rid of estrogen? I know some weight gain is typical, but I usually gain it all over. Just wondering if anyone else has had this happen and if there is something I can do or change? Thank you
I'm 45 too. When I came off keto, I gained a bit in butt/inner thighs. Not enough for new pants, but mine were tight! Puffy cheeks too. Took almost 2 years to get my cycle back, lose thigh pudge, and be able to metabolize carbs again (even just fruit carbs).

Like @Nichole Carter said, low fat/moderate protein helps. More small meals throughout day. I took T3 too for years, Idealabs' Tyronene. Now just 1 drop (8mcg) with breakfast. Sun helps, even a tanning salon. Several 20 min walks throughout day. Sleeeep!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals