Excellent Deep Dive Into Neurosteroids And Depression

Discussion in 'Hormones' started by Infarouge, Aug 21, 2020.

1. Infarouge

Infarouge Member

Major Depressive Disorder: Next-Generation Neurosteroids

~ 18 min in this youtube vid goes into many interesting aspects of neurosteroids (pregnenalone, progesterone, etc). Oftentimes very good data is hidden in these pharma promos for new drugs they are trying to get to function as well as the bio-identicals.

2. Flo93

Flo93 Member

Why isn't there actually more intensive research into lowering CRH? I have the feeling that there is deliberately little research into this because it could be the real cause of depression? I see serotonin as critical myself and am of the opinion that this should be kept to a minimum. But I'm not so sure about cortisol because cortisol can decrease CRH. And low cortisol could mean high CRH, right? I think CRH is one of the real enemies of a healthy psyche and stress tolerance. how do you see it?

Sry for the possibly bad english. I have to have my writing translated because I come from Germany and don't speak English very well. But the topics and insights covered here are, I think, a good path that can lead to a healthier / healthier psyche. The best example is the German view of serotonin. Here in Germany it is classified as a happiness hormone and SSRIs are issued like smarties. But I quickly discovered for myself that serotonin can have a huge impact on mental health.