"Exactly wrong"

Beebop

There are some popular medical ideas that obstruct clear thinking about respiration. One is that high altitude deprives you of oxygen, and is likely to be bad for people with heart disease and cancer. Another is that breathing pure oxygen helps sick people to oxygenate their tissues while exerting less effort in breathing. These are both exactly wrong, and the errors have been explored in quite a few publications, but the ideas persist in the culture to such a degree that our perceptions and intuitions have been misled, making closely related things seem to be unrelated.

(Again, the popular nutritional idea of amino acids as simply building blocks for tissues is exactly wrong--muscle protein can exacerbate muscle disease.)

Bolds are mine.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
J Rockefeller Foundation Getting Exactly What They Want! Political Talk, Alternative World Theories 17
U How Exactly Endotoxin Symptoms Feel? Diet 3
postman Physiologically What Exactly Is Keto-adaptation? Miscellaneous Health Discussions 31
M Do I Get Symptoms From Every "liver" Supplement Cause It's Exactly What I Need? Ask For Help or Advice 1
Makrosky What does the carrot salad kill exactly? Carrot Salad, Bamboo Shoots, Mushrooms 26
T How exactly do you get your vitamin and mineral requirments (what do you eat/drink)? Macros & Micros 37
kineticz Why Exactly Does Sugar Need Protein To Work? Diet, Recipes 3
lvysaur What exactly is it that red light does? Red Light, Infrared, LLLT 5
K This sums me up almost exactly! Ray Peat Quotes 1
Q Anti-Peat Is Peat wrong on fructose? Debate - Anti-Peat 12
DANIEL Anti-Peat Peat Wrong About PUFA? Debate - Anti-Peat 46
koreus Your Textbooks Are Wrong, This Is What Cells Actually Look Like Articles & Scientific Studies 7
DANIEL Peat Wrong About EFA Deficiency, Omega 3s Skin 69
ursidae Any Insight Into What Is Wrong With Me? Ask For Help or Advice 62
P What Is Wrong With My Gf´s Teeth? Oral Health 34
ecstatichamster The Germ Theory Is Wrong Viruses, Parasites, Fungus, Vaccines 3
Geronimo How To Convince People They're Wrong Political Talk, Alternative World Theories 53
M Anti-Peat Peat Wrong On DHA Debate - Anti-Peat 99
ecstatichamster Scientific Research Relating To What’s Wrong With A Covid-19 Vaccine Viruses, Parasites, Fungus, Vaccines 1
PleaseDoo21 Is There Anything Inherently Wrong With Eating A Tonne Of Cocoa? Ask For Help or Advice 6
Drareg Why Lockdowns Are The Wrong Policy Viruses, Parasites, Fungus, Vaccines 43
benzinheidi Opinion> Progressive Hypoxia In COVID Patients. Ventilating Is Wrong Way To Go Scientific Studies 7
Ben Stone Peat Very Wrong On Lactic Acid / Yogurt? Yoghurt, Kefir 41
ScurveDream Intelligence Is Wrong; Cannot Be "formed" -- Optimal States Of Mind Enable Better Use Of Said MIND Miscellaneous Health Discussions 0
A Mary Enig Vs. Ray Peat - Who Is Right And Who Is Wrong? Diet 25
Vinny A Cry For Help: Uncontrollable Fat Gain. Something Is FUNDAMENTALLY Wrong :( Ask For Help or Advice 193
gately Is There Anything Wrong With Combining Fruit And Meat? Diet, Recipes 25
UltraSuperior Does Germany Prove Peat Wrong? Ask For Help or Advice 219
R Is Cronometer Wrong Or The Label Info? Diet, Recipes 5
Mito Anti-Peat Was Otto Warburg Wrong? Debate - Anti-Peat 12
haidut The Stereotypes About Testosterone (T) Are Likely Wrong Scientific Studies 9
PurpleHeart We Are Probably Wrong About Calcium/magnesium Ratio Minerals 14
Vinny Had An Amazing Sleep, But Woke Up Groggy - What Is Still Wrong? Ask For Help or Advice 6
A Calorie-restricted Rats Live 50% Longer - What's Wrong With The Methodology? Metabolism 57
haidut GWAS Predicting Height Were Wrong; Same May Be True For Disease-prediction Scientific Studies 0
Hollybea What's Wrong With PimPom? Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 3
haidut Almost 20% Of Multiple Sclerosis Diagnoses Wrong; Treated With Dangerous Drugs Articles & Scientific Studies 0
T Defective Valves Are Not The Cause Of Varicocele, Urologists Are Wrong Scientific Studies 3
Soren Hair Loss (AGA) And Low Blood Flow: What Everyone Gets Wrong Hair & Nails 59
T What's Wrong With Choline? Ask For Help or Advice 10
R Letrozole: What Can Go Wrong? Pharmaceutical Drugs 36
H What Is Wrong With Me? Cortisol, Serotonin, Histamine 0
C Where Do I Start? So Many Things Wrong Ask For Help or Advice 49
Jewbermensch Anything Wrong With Locust Bean Gum? Ice Cream 10
haidut Everything Big Data Claims To Know About You May Be Wrong Scientific Studies 5
T I Think My Niacinamide Capsule Went Into The Wrong Tube, What Should I Do? Ask For Help or Advice 8
T Why Everything You Know About Cancer Is Wrong Cancer 4
T Did I Do Something Wrong With Enema? Ask For Help or Advice 11
H Confidence Killed At The Wrong Time Rant or Rave 29
E Fat Under The Jaw Area: What Is Wrong With People Like Us? Weight 18