Evnol Suprabio - Vitamin E From Palm Oil With Squalenes & Plant Sterols

Discussion in 'Vitamins' started by milkboi, Mar 31, 2019.

1. milkboi

milkboi Member

2. Aleeri

Aleeri Member

I use it, one of the supplements in my stack I label as most important. But most people here are not fans and tend to go for tocopherol just because Peat said he did not like tocotrienols because of some animal study.

That was long ago though, there is a ton of research to suggest the opposite now. I think he was wrong about tocotrienols.

3. haidut

haidut Member

The mixed tocopherols, phenols and sterols are probably pretty good and palm oil has relatively low amount of PUFA. However, the tocorienols are a deal breaker for me as they are unsaturated and likely estrogenic. In animals models they cause liver enlargement, elevation of liver enzymes, hetamotological toxicity and increased adrenal weights - all bad signs.
    Oral toxicity of a tocotrienol preparation in rats. - PubMed - NCBI

4. OP
    milkboi

milkboi Member

Hmm, that doesn’t sound too great. But does unsaturated always equal bad?

5. OP
    milkboi

milkboi Member

Okay thanks, what’s your dosage regimen if I may ask?

6. haidut

haidut Member

It depends on the molecule and the degree of unsaturation. Oleic acid is monounsaturated and is OK but more unsaturated fats get progressively worse. In general, degree of unsaturation probably correlates with unhealthiness.
    Unsaturation = Estrogenic, Saturation = Androgenic

7. Aleeri

Aleeri Member

8. BigChad

BigChad Member

isnt it odd though that tocotrienols are mostly found in coconut oil, red palm oil, macadamia nuts/oil. while soybean oil and sunflower and other high pufa oils seem to have no tocotrienols but some tocopherols. does it have something to do with the fat source, where higher saturated fats have more tocotrienols while pufas have more tocopherols relatively. have you found any further studies on this? how would tocotrienols behave if taken along with tocopherols. i was thinking of getting nutri golds vitamin E gold product since i wanted something not sourced from soy and not too high a dose

9. BigChad

BigChad Member

Where do you buy this product from

10. Dave Clark

Dave Clark Member

I would have to think the same applies to tocotrienols as do tocopherols, meaning the different types have different outcomes, alpha versus gamma, etc. plus all the in vivo nuances. They don't say what type of tocotrienols were used and in what percentage. the work of Dr Barrie Tan shows different results: Home | Dr. Barrie Tan .