Everything Wormwood/Artemisinin/Artemisia

yerrag

Now I am really confused. I have 3 "artemesia" plants that are all very different, all 3 perennials. 2 from nursery(latin species nametag long gone), 1 from a MasterGardener. Photo id in my herbals books do not show the ones I have, one grows 6ft tall in our 20hr sunlight, so taking that into consideration looking for a similar smaller version I am at a loss to verify the medicinal variety.
There are many kinds. I hope you can find one to grow as it must be expensive to buy them there.

I bought the Qinghao dry herb here in Manila at $30 for 500 g of it. I doubt I can find a plant, and I doubt I can make it thrive in our climate.

yerrag

If that lasts say 4 days, it comes out to 25g of the herb daily. The main active substance is only around .02% of the herb is .0002 X 25 = .005 g or 5mg daily
@DonLore

Scratch the above.

I remembered wrong and I had to check my notes. So here is the recipe for steeping your 100g of artemisia annua for 14 days:

100g herb
350g gin
150g water

The herb contains 0.2% of the active ingredient arremisinin (entire plant). From 100g you can get 200mg of artemisinin, and of course secondary metabolites and co-factors not available in a pure powdered extract of artemisinin that you can buy in Amazon (Amazon product ASIN B06XWY27J8View: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B06XWY27J8/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_glt_fabc_RTN9BKYSAH8B8ZFHYNN2?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
).

At 3 x25ml/day, that would last you 5 days roughly. So you're getting 40mg/day. It may seem much less than the 100mg per capsule of Zazzee, but consider the other substances you get from the herb. It gives it potency and I've used it with satisfaction.

DonLore

@DonLore

Scratch the above.

I remembered wrong and I had to check my notes. So here is the recipe for steeping your 100g of artemisia annua for 14 days:

100g herb
350g gin
150g water

The herb contains 0.2% of the active ingredient arremisinin (entire plant). From 100g you can get 200mg of artemisinin, and of course secondary metabolites and co-factors not available in a pure powdered extract of artemisinin that you can buy in Amazon (Amazon product ASIN B06XWY27J8View: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B06XWY27J8/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_glt_fabc_RTN9BKYSAH8B8ZFHYNN2?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
).

At 3 x25ml/day, that would last you 5 days roughly. So you're getting 40mg/day. It may seem much less than the 100mg per capsule of Zazzee, but consider the other substances you get from the herb. It gives it potency and I've used it with satisfaction.
Thanks. Would straight up eating the herb give even more active ingredients? But then again, eating 10s of grams of dry herb is pretty hard to do. Have to try the Gin way

yerrag

Thanks. Would straight up eating the herb give even more active ingredients? But then again, eating 10s of grams of dry herb is pretty hard to do. Have to try the Gin way
It has a terrible taste as well, judging by how the gin extract tastes already.

retroactive

•Ray from email exchange: "I think the first safer thing would be flowers of sulfur for about 3 days, then the herbs [wormwood, black walnut hull and cloves] if you don't see results with the sulfur."
Were you asking Ray about it regarding prostate cancer?

Lollipop2

@Braveheart do you take your Artemisinin on an empty stomach or with food?
*Do you take it once or twice a day?
*What dose do you take?
*Do you still take it 4 days on and three days off?

Thank you in advance friend ??

yerrag

*What dose do you take?

From Andreas Kalcker's book "Forbidden Health," p.88 :

Artemisia Annua in leaves: • Quantity, daily dosage: 5 g. • Instructions: 1 dessert spoon per cup, take 2 or 3 prepared cold extracts per day. • One liter can be prepared with a tablespoon of leaves and divided for different intakes.

As the drug Artemisinin: • The normal dose to fight cancer and malaria is 600 mg of Artemisinin twice daily, between meals, or as a rectal enema, depending on the case. • Artemisinin is relatively safe with few side effects, even in high doses (max. 70 mg/kg per day) for the short-term treatment of malaria.

B

Braveheart

*What dose do you take?

Hi Lollipop! Happy New Year!! Artmisinin 200mg,2caps... once a day preferably eves before bed with a little fat/dairy Doctors Best brand
Artemisia extract 500mg,1cap... twice a day with morning and afternoon coffee. 4 days on, 3 off...every 2 months week off. NutriCology brand.

B

Braveheart

Hi Lollipop! Happy New Year!! Artmisinin 200mg,2caps... once a day preferably eves before bed with a little fat/dairy Doctors Best brand
or Artemisia extract 500mg,1cap... twice a day with morning and afternoon coffee. 4 days on, 3 off...every 2 months week off. NutriCology brand.

Lollipop2

Artemisia extract 500mg,1cap... twice a day with morning and afternoon coffee. 4 days on, 3 off...every 2 months week off. NutriCology brand.
Awesomeness! Thank you @Braveheart ❤️ Happy New Year to you!!!

Mossy

Hi Braveheart, do you mind if I pick your brain about your approach with wormwood? I see you're using both Artmisinin and Artemisia, where back in September you mentioned: "I had my leukemia reappear after switching from pure Artemisinin to the Artemisia leaf extract." Do you see an advantage to using both?

Birdie

Hi @Braveheart and everybody else,

I have an update on Artemisinin. I had reported that my husband was using a half dose, one capsule of 200mg per day, for 4 days a week.
About a week ago he reported tiny blood clots in his urine. We upped his dose to the full dose of two capsules per day for 4 day a week.

Pretty soon, no more tiny clots appearing... This took just a few days. Could be another reason, but looks pretty much like the full dose did the trick.
He's using the Double Wood brand. Downside is the hypomellose capsule, but I haven't found one with just a gel cap.

B

Braveheart

I have an update on Artemisinin. I had reported that my husband was using a half dose, one capsule of 200mg per day, for 4 days a week.
About a week ago he reported tiny blood clots in his urine. We upped his dose to the full dose of two capsules per day for 4 day a week.

Pretty soon, no more tiny clots appearing... This took just a few days. Could be another reason, but looks pretty much like the full dose did the trick.
He's using the Double Wood brand. Downside is the hypomellose capsule, but I haven't found one with just a gel cap.
Birdie, why was he taking Art? Dr Lai and Dr Singh of WSU through their research came up with the dosage re cancer, leukemia etc. using Artemisinin. When later I asked Dr Lai about pure Artemisinin vs leaf extract Artemisia...he was emphatic...stick w pure Art. And beware of sources? Artemisia is also effective in many ways...guess it depends on the reason for taking it. I have alternated them, when I couldn't get the pure, and thought the pure more effective.

Just looked at that DW brand...really inexpensive!? I have always wanted to investigate sources and manufacturers since the original quality warning....but since my sources seemed to work, I let it go.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mossy

Thank you for relaying the experience and passing along the brand name. There are not too many brands available right now.

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals