Everyone should try this at some point.

It would likely be higher than what is listed. Not exactly sure though when it comes to brain. Cuts of pork meat definitely show lower PUFA than what is in there.
Good reminder. I believe they show 10% PUFA on nutrient databases. when it's at least 20%. You saw a study where they measured something like 40% PUFA, didn't you?

lampofred

I think that will have unforeseen consequences analogous to how when sometimes people win the lottery, the sudden influx of money makes them go astray because they don't have the experience that comes with painstakingly and gradually accumulating wealth.

Brain has to be earned.

That might sound stupid but I can't think of how to better word it.

Here's a much less convoluted way to put it: pork brain has a very poor calcium/phosphate ratio, which destabilizes everything. In fact it probably has one of the worst c/p ratios of all foods, brain has a bad ratio in general but pork brain especially. And if the pig was eating PUFA then it will be incorporated into the brain, which nutrition charts won't report.

Last edited:
OP
Razvan

Razvan

Here's a much less convoluted way to put it: pork brain has a very poor calcium/phosphate ratio, which destabilizes everything. In fact it probably has one of the worst c/p ratios of all foods, brain has a bad ratio in general but pork brain especially. And if the pig was eating PUFA then it will be incorporated into the brain, which nutrition charts won't report.
True. Don't think there is this problem as the brain was from my grandmother's pig which was living better than a lot of humans on this agonizing planet.
Ate it with cheese and took 750 of calcium carbonate with some milk and the c/p was almost 1:1,i planned that.

OP
Razvan

Razvan

Cool. What's the highest dosage of pregnenolone you tried? 6 Grams of cholesterol might turn into quite a bit of preg, possibly into the gram amounts. Though it's also a precursor to things like bile acids, so that could also be an issue.

Eggs could also be an option, and maybe even supplemental cholesterol. In fact, this amount seems similar to Vince Gironda's egg recommendations, although his was per day- Vince Gironda’s 36 Eggs a Day Diet : Is it truly as Good as Steroids ? - VinceGironda.com

Awesome stuff.
Yes,Vince Gironda was ahead of this time. At 18 years old i tried eating 25 eggs a day inspired from him and i grew 10 cm in only some months and i developped a bigger face,all my friends looked like girls when standing up with me but than I got sick of it.
It's strange when i was 18 years old i was very developped in muscles and people thought I was older. Now, I'm 21 and my skin face is very thick,red and soft,people just by looking at my face think I'm 17 even tho I still have a pretty big jawline.I don't get why after i shave my skin on the face looks soft like a baby,people say it to me everytime.Peaty stuff never ages me. I know a lot of guys at 17-18 that look very old, that's unhealthy.

OP
Razvan

Razvan

Yes,Vince Gironda was ahead of this time. At 18 years old i tried eating 25 eggs a day inspired from him and i grew 10 cm in only some months and i developped a bigger face,all my friends looked like girls when standing up with me but than I got sick of it.
It's strange when i was 18 years old i was very developped in muscles and people thought I was older. Now, I'm 21 and my skin face is very thick,red and soft,people just by looking at my face think I'm 17 even tho I still have a pretty big jawline. Peaty stuff never ages me. I know a lot of guys at 17-18 that look very old, that's unhealthy.
Also Vince Gironda recommended a lot of calcium with the eggs,so maybe some peat inspired stuff. He was on to something.

GelatinGoblin

I think that will have unforeseen consequences analogous to how when sometimes people win the lottery, the sudden influx of money makes them go astray because they don't have the experience that comes with painstakingly and gradually accumulating wealth.

Brain has to be earned.

That might sound stupid but I can't think of how to better word it.
Yes it's interesting. You have to kill an entire animal for 1 brain. It's something...

Bad Linhat

I thought/seem to remember Ray Peat was not a huge fan of regular animal brain consumption, and that fish-head stew was something of an exception partly because of the thyroid content. I can't find the exact quotation, so perhaps I imagined it - I'll have a look, but are you aware of any other comments from him on the subject?
I don't remember other quotes from dr. Peat that talk about brain consumption.
I remember dr. Peat speaking about dementia or other disease where there's an accumulation of PUFA into the brain.
In cronometer, 100g of beef brain has 1,4g of PUFA:

1616749786860.png

Better lamb brain, 1g but less cholesterol:
1616749917951.png

CreakyJoints

I don't remember other quotes from dr. Peat that talk about brain consumption.
I remember dr. Peat speaking about dementia or other disease where there's an accumulation of PUFA into the brain.
In cronometer, 100g of beef brain has 1,4g of PUFA:

View attachment 22337

Better lamb brain, 1g but less cholesterol:
View attachment 22338

I suppose PUFA may possibly have been the concern... that is rather a lot. Thank you for this! I'll keep an eye out in case I see the quotation I am thinking of, but perhaps I just imagined it.

schultz

Good reminder. I believe they show 10% PUFA on nutrient databases. when it's at least 20%. You saw a study where they measured something like 40% PUFA, didn't you?

It was a company that makes pellets for use in scientific studies. They were using the USDA numbers for the lard in their pellets used in mice and rats studies. They decided to analyse the actual amount of PUFA and it was something like 28% instead of what the USDA says it is, which is probably at least half as much. I can't find the article anymore though. They may have deleted it. I may have posted the chart somewhere on this forum though.

Chris Masterjohn wrote about it and his article is still up talking about it.

He followed that article up with another article showing some islander pigs had really low PUFA because they were fed coconut.

It was a company that makes pellets for use in scientific studies. They were using the USDA numbers for the lard in their pellets used in mice and rats studies. They decided to analyse the actual amount of PUFA and it was something like 28% instead of what the USDA says it is, which is probably at least half as much. I can't find the article anymore though. They may have deleted it. I may have posted the chart somewhere on this forum though.

Chris Masterjohn wrote about it and his article is still up talking about it.

He followed that article up with another article showing some islander pigs had really low PUFA because they were fed coconut.

It's interesting that Chris said in the first link that even pastured- raised pork was still a little high in PUFA( about 8%),but still much better than soybean- fed pork. Coconut-fed animals ftw.

DawN

Read “The Beginning was the End” by Oscar Kiss Maerth; would appreciate much yours opinion on it!

Missenger

Cholesterol-rich protein sure does taste a lot like eggs doesn't it? With pork you can taste their diets.

meatbag

I recommend to everyone to try this out, especially to people who have low cholesterol.
I have been doing experiments and keep learning new stuff everyday. By studying biology i learned a lot of stuff that always made me better,but i cannot hold myself without exploring and suggesting this.
Now i know a lot of things that are crucial.
For some time I've been eating a pork brain with some cheese and taking 3-4 mcg of T3 with it,maybe twice a week.
This stuff is golden,T3 works 100xbetter this way and the feeling Is much stronger than any dosage of pregnenolone I've tried.
250 grams of pork brains contains 6grams of cholesterol which is about 25-30 eggs worth of cholesterol.
Eating the pork brain by itself without T3 should still give a good feeling but with T3 it is pure bliss.
You can feel straight away the blood flow to the head making your face more alive and red,the eyes becoming much more androgenic and alive as well,also high temperature and high energy.
The T3 is just doing his job by just converting the cholesterol in his metabolites (preg, prog,dhea).

Right now i almost don't need anything as I'm almost hyperthyroid.
Have you tried heart from ruminant (cow,lamb,goat)? It's very energizing, I think it has a decent amount of Testosterone and CoQ-10 (also tastes great)

Brain crosses a line for me...

OP
Razvan

Razvan

Have you tried heart from ruminant (cow,lamb,goat)? It's very energizing, I think it has a decent amount of Testosterone and CoQ-10 (also tastes great)

Brain crosses a line for me...
Yes It's good, but nowhere near the effects of brains.

ursidae

Tried beef brain today, had some reservations about it but I sucked it up and have to say this is a special food. I eat fish heads several times a week but this is incredibly rich and dense. I ate it with some grass fed lamb, tasted delicious and I was satiated by the 10th bite. I could last till the next day if I ate this for breakfast. I’m prone to hypercholesterolemia, hopefully the T3 I took was sufficient.
If a dying vegan came up to me this is what I’d replenish them with

miquelangeles

Dr. Jennifer Daniels's reply to a caller on ORN, January 23rd 2023

Pig brain or cow brain.
The dose is 2 oz a day.
You have to cook it with something else.
Even though it's tasty enough, you can't just cook some brain, put salt on it and eat it.
If you do, you're gonna get a headache, dizziness, shortness of breath and maybe pass out.
Don't do that.
So, when you cook it, it's got to be mixed with - so you have 2 oz of brain - you have to eat at least 4 to 10 oz of vegetables, at least 2 oz of some kind of starch like rice or potatoes or something.
And a quart of water. That's the minimum what you've got to eat with it.
So that's the brain. That's gonna get rid of your brain fog.
But that's only gonna work for a week or two. Because you have two other serious malnutritional issues here.
We know that because your whole body is tired. So you have a liver deficiency. You may want to start by eating liver first.
6 to 12 oz a day. You've got to do whatever you've got to do to eat that liver. If you've got to .?. with white flour and salt and fry it - whatever you've got to do.
The liver is a lot like the brain - super concentrated.
So you're gonna feel really lousy, when you just nibble on the liver all day long. Don't do that.
You've got to eat about five times as much in vegetables and about half as much in starch. And of course, lots of water.
So that's a short answer. That's gonna get rid of your brain fog and your fatigue.
You'll see when you eat the brain.
It is such an incredible burst of nutrition that you'll want to sit down and let your body just heal, and you feel your body like fixing itself when you eat it.
But in order for the brain to work it needs co-factors, co-nutrients and those are all in the liver.
The brain is pretty dramatic.
You'll notice a difference in two or three days.
This is not like medicine when you wait six weeks and then do a test to see if it's working.
No. You'll know it's working because you feel better.