Every dental treatment ranked

johnwester130

a mercury filling - never. just too dangerous.
glass ionomer filling - possible safer.

root canal - just too dangerous and too many horror stories of them failing and getting infected.
crowns - this may be okay. it seems safe to some level.
a bridge - this is similar to crowns in the treatment, it can be okay to get.
veneers - they seem to be a safe option.

removing the whole tooth - this can solve a lot of problems. it's okay.

implants - after much consideration, no, they are just too risky. they look incredible, especially a 3 on 6, but no, too many disturbing stories on youtube about implant failure. you can find them yourself.

what do people think? anything else to add?

Dental x-rays, never.
Topical fluoride after cleaning, never.
Tooth extractions for orthodontic treatment in children, never (get an expansion device instead).

StephanF

Forum Supporter
Maybe early wisdom teeth removal so that there is more space in the mouth?

Avoid orthodontic braces with metal wires, I think all dental stainless steel wires contain nickel. My son had a wire placed into his mouth, between two molars to keep a gap open (not sure if that really was necessary). I asked the dentist whether the wire contained nickel and he said 'No'. But after a couple of months, my son's tonsils down in his throat (not the usual ones that already were removed) got 'infected'. We were at two NTE doctors and they didn't suspect the dental appliance in my son's mouth. At another appointment at the dentist I asked for the package information, and it said "do not use in patients with nickel allergies'; I had the wire removed, the swelling subsided and then we went to a naturopathic doctor and got remedies to remove nickel out of his system. His tongue still shows signs of the interaction with the nickel, he is now 26 years old.

Stilgar

Dentist stuff causes me so much anxiety. I ruined my teeth badly about 6 years ago and so have explored lots of options to reduce X-Ray exposure and to choose safe and long lasting treatments.

Ray recommendeds zinc-eugenol fillings, as he thinks they are the safest. I also asked if glass ionomer fillings were safe, he said yes. He is adamantly against X-Ray use, as said above, and it is the main thing I am concerned about. X-Ray's here in the UK are standard practice, and I have to pay big bucks to avoid them.

Ray also recommended SDF varnish to me (Silver Diamine Fluoride) as a cheap and effecive way to halt cavities, and so I have more or less embraced fluoride for my oral care (although I haven't tried SDF). I figure the issues with fluoride, which I didn't use when my teeth had active issues, are mostly with swallowing, overuse and fluoridated water.

Luckily I found a holistic dentist who agreed to not give me X-Rays, otherwise I'd probably have to explore some DIY dentistry if I couldn't find a sympathetic dentists. A good TMJ dentist can look at issues like a faulty bite, jaw alignment, posture, clenching and how it affects things. My dentist told me to tape my mouth at night to make my fillings last longer!

I haven't asked Ray but I'd probably get gold crowns for my back teeth if necessary in the future - simply because they can last 20+ years, act almost like your own teeth and prevent excessive trips to the dentist.

I think Ray has spoken of the harm of tooth extraction and how it might cause issues, and that root canals are preferable to extraction.

Jon2547

Ray said root canals are preferable to extraction? I don't think that is right.

InChristAlone

Ray said root canals are preferable to extraction? I don't think that is right.
He seems to believe if they are filled with proper material (not the gutta percha), then they are okay. I had a horrendous experience though. My dentist didn't see a canal in one of my most important molars for chewing and it cracked after a few yrs and couldn't be saved worst pain I've ever had probably 8 out 10 for a day or two.

InChristAlone

I think implants can be safe
Peat just said on Danny Roddy's podcast he has heard too many horror stories about implants causing jaw bone problems to ever consider them.

Peat just said on Danny Roddy's podcast he has heard too many horror stories about implants causing jaw bone problems to ever consider them.

I know, I heard it and I disagree. He kind of praised crowns, but crowns involve drilling healthy teeth to a peg in order to install a bridge. That’s not good either. And removable partial dentures are very inconvenient. I would get an implant instead of these solutions.

Jon2547

I would have all of my teeth pulled out before I got even one root canal.

InChristAlone

I know, I heard it and I disagree. He kind of praised crowns, but crowns involve drilling healthy teeth to a peg in order to install a bridge. That’s not good either. And removable partial dentures are very inconvenient. I would get an implant instead of these solutions.
I am a lot like Peat because hearing the horror stories makes me not go through with it even though it could be great. I still have teeth that need fixing, unfortunately the longer you go the worse they get! lol

OP
johnwester130

johnwester130

I am a lot like Peat because hearing the horror stories makes me not go through with it even though it could be great. I still have teeth that need fixing, unfortunately the longer you go the worse they get! lol
I would have all of my teeth pulled out before I got even one root canal.
I think implants can be safe
Dentist stuff causes me so much anxiety. I ruined my teeth badly about 6 years ago and so have explored lots of options to reduce X-Ray exposure and to choose safe and long lasting treatments.

Ray recommendeds zinc-eugenol fillings, as he thinks they are the safest. I also asked if glass ionomer fillings were safe, he said yes. He is adamantly against X-Ray use, as said above, and it is the main thing I am concerned about. X-Ray's here in the UK are standard practice, and I have to pay big bucks to avoid them.

Ray also recommended SDF varnish to me (Silver Diamine Fluoride) as a cheap and effecive way to halt cavities, and so I have more or less embraced fluoride for my oral care (although I haven't tried SDF). I figure the issues with fluoride, which I didn't use when my teeth had active issues, are mostly with swallowing, overuse and fluoridated water.

Luckily I found a holistic dentist who agreed to not give me X-Rays, otherwise I'd probably have to explore some DIY dentistry if I couldn't find a sympathetic dentists. A good TMJ dentist can look at issues like a faulty bite, jaw alignment, posture, clenching and how it affects things. My dentist told me to tape my mouth at night to make my fillings last longer!

I haven't asked Ray but I'd probably get gold crowns for my back teeth if necessary in the future - simply because they can last 20+ years, act almost like your own teeth and prevent excessive trips to the dentist.

I think Ray has spoken of the harm of tooth extraction and how it might cause issues, and that root canals are preferable to extraction.

There is something offered by one dentist in the world in Austria I never mentioned

It is a dental implant with no drilling.

It is called a bioimplant, or root analogue implant.

ursidae

Maybe early wisdom teeth removal so that there is more space in the mouth?

Avoid orthodontic braces with metal wires, I think all dental stainless steel wires contain nickel. My son had a wire placed into his mouth, between two molars to keep a gap open (not sure if that really was necessary). I asked the dentist whether the wire contained nickel and he said 'No'. But after a couple of months, my son's tonsils down in his throat (not the usual ones that already were removed) got 'infected'. We were at two NTE doctors and they didn't suspect the dental appliance in my son's mouth. At another appointment at the dentist I asked for the package information, and it said "do not use in patients with nickel allergies'; I had the wire removed, the swelling subsided and then we went to a naturopathic doctor and got remedies to remove nickel out of his system. His tongue still shows signs of the interaction with the nickel, he is now 26 years old.
what protocol did you use for removal of the nickel?

Stilgar

There is something offered by one dentist in the world in Austria I never mentioned

Problem is it requires a CT scan - a pretty large dose of radiation.

StephanF

Forum Supporter
what protocol did you use for removal of the nickel?
I went to a homeopathist clinic here in Reno, Dr. Cora Ibara, and she did give him some homeopathic remedies. I don't remember the protocol that was many years ago. We also got some homeopathic remedies in Germany (we went there for a visit), they had different potencies that my son had to use. I think it started with low dilutions and went to higher and higher ones, as he went through the therapy.

Kykeon

i had a lengthy chat with a rather competent implantologist and he said it is not the best thing to do, as you hammer in the implant and that can lead to microfissures of the jaw bone and added that is the reason why no one really offers it. does not sound to save hammering an implant into your jaw bone..

InChristAlone

i had a lengthy chat with a rather competent implantologist and he said it is not the best thing to do, as you hammer in the implant and that can lead to microfissures of the jaw bone and added that is the reason why no one really offers it. does not sound to save hammering an implant into your jaw bone..
Oh wow yeah I'd opt out of that even if it was an option then as I have sensitive TMJ joint.

RealNeat

I can't believe Ray said ok to glass ionomer... fluoride, aluminum and silica!

I understand glass is silica but still, all those compounds are usually a Peaty no no.

RealNeat

I found shine tooth powder. It's non nano MCHA microcrystalline hydroxyapatite, there is some clay, so there could be a little lead and there is, the lab results are up on the site, but it seems the best out of many tooth powders. Could always get just MCHA and do it yourself.

Seems very efficacious for cavity reversal and mineralizing

golder

I found shine tooth powder. It's non nano MCHA microcrystalline hydroxyapatite, there is some clay, so there could be a little lead and there is, the lab results are up on the site, but it seems the best out of many tooth powders. Could always get just MCHA and do it yourself.

Seems very efficacious for cavity reversal and mineralizing
Can you share a link to the product? Thanks!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals