Evening Primrose Oil

Jing

Evening primrose oil is the only thing that helps my dry face but since reading peats views on poly unsaturated fats I don't want to take it but if I don't I have dry skin around my nose and between my eyebrows .. why does it help if it is bad?

then it is not so bad after all.
it helps coz its got omega 6 oils and they are good for the skin. it helps the skin barrier function well.
does not mean you should ingest alot of PUFA tho, dont get afraid of it, eat around 1gr per meal, then you are good.

"In the skin epidermis, the metabolism of polyunsaturated fatty acids (PUFAs) is highly active. "Dietary deficiency" of linoleic acid (LA), the major 18-carbon n-6 PUFA in normal epidermis, results in a characteristic scaly skin disorder and excessive epidermal water loss."Metabolism of polyunsaturated fatty acids by skin epidermal enzymes: generation of antiinflammatory and antiproliferative metabolites. - PubMed - NCBI

OP
J

Jing

have you tried hemp oil and/or castor oil on the skin? should work good to.
No never used them, I always swallow capsules of evening primrose because I feel it would be better than putting it on the skin because if I have a deficiency it will help other things too.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals