Even dead L. Reuteri boost oxytocin and bring many benefits

giving humans dead L. Reuteri (sterile lysate, I suppose from heating L. Reuteri yogurt or culture to kill them completely) brings benefits in raising oxytocin. Improves wound repair as studied here. Lowers cortisol too. I find oxytocin magical as long as it is produced naturally in my brain.

Neuropeptide hormone oxytocin has roles in social bonding, energy metabolism, and wound healing contributing to good physical, mental and social health. It was previously shown that feeding of a human commensal microbe Lactobacillus reuteri (L. reuteri) is sufficient to up-regulate endogenous oxytocin levels and improve wound healing capacity in mice. Here we show that oral L. reuteri-induced skin wound repair benefits extend to human subjects. Further, dietary supplementation with a sterile lysate of this microbe alone is sufficient to boost systemic oxytocin levels and improve wound repair capacity. Oxytocin-producing cells were found to be increased in the caudal paraventricular nucleus [PVN] of the hypothalamus after feeding of a sterile lysed preparation of L. reuteri, coincident with lowered blood levels of stress hormone corticosterone and more rapid epidermal closure, in mouse models. We conclude that microbe viability is not essential for regulating host oxytocin levels. The results suggest that a peptide or metabolite produced by bacteria may modulate host oxytocin secretion for potential public or personalized health goals.

I'm.No.One

Really interesting stuff!

I wonder if this is why Milk kefir is purportedly such a "cure all" as it seems to be present in it.

It also looks like it increases testosterone levels for men, wonder if it would have similar actions in women?

JohnHafterson

Yeah I've wanted to get some L. Reuteri ATCC 6475 for awhile haven't gotten around to it. = testosterone, lean mass, immune system, etc

Amazoniac

Angel45

My son was only able to tolerate probiotic lysates (dead probiotics). They didn't give him the hyper immune response but did work on keeping bacteria balance in his gut. He used bioray brand for about a year.

martybyrde

I made my own yogurt a year ago with this strain. For about 3 weeks I was very social and happy easy to connect with people then I got a terrible migraine and the effects seemed to wear off. However I can’t guarantee that over time what I was inoculating with was still the correct strain, I believe I made it to the 4th or 5th batch.. used a yogurt maker

LLight

Oxytocin could help regenerate heart tissues.

LadyRae

Supersmart - Lactobacillus Reuteri - Probiotic Strain - 5 Billion Micro-Organisms (CFU) Per Day - Restores The Balance of Intestinal Microflora | Non-GMO & Gluten Free - 60 DR Capsules Amazon.com

I just started taking this one yesterday. I'll keep you all posted...

Osukhan

i did use the supersmart product after reading Dr william davis's book, ill have to give it a try again as well.

Vins7

Supersmart - Lactobacillus Reuteri - Probiotic Strain - 5 Billion Micro-Organisms (CFU) Per Day - Restores The Balance of Intestinal Microflora | Non-GMO & Gluten Free - 60 DR Capsules Amazon.com

I just started taking this one yesterday. I'll keep you all posted...
I read that BEST way to increase this bacteria is making yoghurt with this probiótic suplement and other ingredients. With this method you intake lots of l reuteri organismos, not just a few like with the supplement.

I read this from L. Reutery yogurt Dr. davis.

OP
ecstatichamster
I read that BEST way to increase this bacteria is making yoghurt with this probiótic suplement and other ingredients. With this method you intake lots of l reuteri organismos, not just a few like with the supplement.

I read this from L. Reutery yogurt Dr. davis.

I’ve done it. Actually a good powder with L Reuteri works very, very well and much easier than the yogurts.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals