Even A Tiny Amount Of Talc May Cause Diabetes II, Benadryl May Reverse It

haidut

Forum Supporter
As many of my readers know, talc was recently implicated as an (ovarian) carcinogen.
https://www.drugdangers.com/talcum-powder/lawsuit/

There have been several class-action lawsuits against manufacturers of baby powder containing talk and the ones that have reached verdicts already all found the talc vendors culpable. However, the amount of talc applied to body by users of baby powder is rather large, usually at least several grams per application, and powder vendors have repeatedly stated that when used in amounts under a gram talc is completely safe.

The study below begs to disagree. It demonstrates that even a tiny amount (HED 1.5mg/kg) of talk ingested on a daily basis reliably causes diabetes II (T2DM) in just 2-3 weeks. This amount of talc exposure can be achieved with taking just 1-2 pills of most prescription drugs as talc is used as an excipient in most pharma drugs. That means many cases of T2DM are actually iatrogenic in origin as most people in US take at least one prescription drug daily. The good news is that even a low-dose Benadryl (diphenhydramine) was able to reverse most of the diabetic pathology caused by the talc in just 3 weeks. The HED of Benadryl used in the study was 0.15mg/kg daily, which means that for most people 10mg-15mg daily would be enough to replicate the study design. Since most Benadryl formulations on the market contain at least 25mg per pill, it should be very easy (and cheap) to contain the damage caused by talc. In addition, there are other studies demonstrating anti-cancer effects of Benadryl, so this humble chemical may even be able to contain the carcinogenic damage caused by the excipient.

Evaluation of diphenhydramine in talc induced type 2 diabetes mellitus in Wistar rats. - PubMed - NCBI

"...Evaluation of diphenhydramine in talc induced type 2 diabetes mellitus was done in Wistar rats. Oral administration of Talc (10mg/kg) carried out for 21 days increased the levels of serum glutamate pyruvate transaminase (SGPT), glutamate oxaloacetate transaminase (SGOT), serum creatinine, blood glucose, urea, uric acid and triglycerides (TGs), but when the animals were treated with diphenhydramine (DPH), the levels of the aforementioned biochemical parameters decreased significantly (p<0.0001). The level of serum cholesterol and high density lipoprotein (HDL) was found to be reduced in Diabetes Mellitus (DM) control and when it was treated with DPH control animals, these makers increased significantly. The study done on DM and Diphenhydramine suggests that Talc increases the blood glucose level at a dose of 10mg/kg (0.14gm) and Diphenhydramine (1mg/kg) reduces the increased blood glucose level. These finding simply that diphenhydramine may be useful in the management of talc induced diabetes."

Last edited:
This truly reads like some sick joke.

Would other antihistamines like cypro, clemastine and ketotifen work as well? if so, at what doses?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
This truly reads like some sick joke.

Would other antihistamines like cypro, clemastine and ketotifen work as well? if so, at what doses?

Yes, other antihistamine and antiserotonin chemicals like cyproheptadine, doxylamine, etc should also work. I think the anti-serotonin effect, of which Benadryl has some but is much weaker than cyproheptadine, is the main beneficial mechanism of action in this case. If Benadryl worked at 10mg-15mg daily considering its anti-serotonin effects only become pronounced around 50mg daily doses (and no commercial formulation below 25mg dose is even sold), then even 1mg-2mg cyproheptadine daily should work too. The same goes for 5mg-10mg daily doxylamine, ami/nor-triptyline, etc.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Could talc in cynomel for example have any significance?

I guess it depends on how much you take daily. A single pill probably won't do much damage but I think 2-3 pills probably provide 100mg+ talc.

LuckyCat

I noticed famotidine (Pepcid ac) has talc. The generic brands I looked at also did. Anyone know of a talc-free version?

GAF

Why is talc added to Rx? Is it the cheapest filler or is it a poison included on purpose?

Birdie

I had thought that use of talc as an ingredient in supplements was discontinued.
But, I found a list of purported cynomel ingredients.

MEXICAN CYNOMELCorn StarchCalcium Sulfate DehydrateSugar glassTalcSterate acid powderGelatinEthyl alcoholPurified water

Re: Mexican Cynomel Ingredients - The List

Birdie

I just checked the date on the posting of cynomel ingredients and it is 2009. So, maybe they have improved the ingredients since then.
I don't know. Maybe somebody has more current information. Also, maybe the amount added is small enough to make it safe.

Birdie

I noticed famotidine (Pepcid ac) has talc. The generic brands I looked at also did. Anyone know of a talc-free version?
I thought Ray said this was a good one to use. He must be aware of the talc. I don't know what to think.

GAF

From rxlist

Each tablet for oral administration contains either 20 mg or 40 mg of famotidine and the following inactive ingredients: hydroxypropyl cellulose, hypromellose, iron oxides, magnesium stearate, microcrystalline cellulose, corn starch, talc, titanium dioxide, and carnauba wax.

cardochav

Do not forget that talc and silicon dioxide are both inactive ingredients of Benadryl. Which is why I vote for a liquid diphenhydramine product be made by @haidut for us that get migraines from cyproheptadine.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Do not forget that talc and silicon dioxide are both inactive ingredients of Benadryl. Which is why I vote for a liquid diphenhydramine product be made by @haidut for us that get migraines from cyproheptadine.

Yes, but this is only in the tablet form. There is a liquid Benadryl sold in gelcaps in US stores. It does have propylene glycol, which is not ideal, but it is probably an acceptable risk. But I am looking at both Benadryl and famotidine (Pepcid) as possible future releases.

GAF

Famotidine from idealabs would be awesome. Famotidine helps me but a talc free option would be a win for me. Thanks haidut!!!

Teres

The amount of talc I've ingested as excipient in tablets during the last 1-2 years may fill a large glass if it was possible to measure. If not more. Often I noticed that even some supplements in capsules have it. It is beyond my comprehension why there are supplements in capsules with anything more than the active substance.
Great find!

rei

what a ******* joke, in europe benadryl is classified equivalent to benzos.