Even A Tiny Amount Of Talc May Cause Diabetes II, Benadryl May Reverse It

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
what a ******* joke, in europe benadryl is classified equivalent to benzos.

Wow, really?? Is there an explanation why? Most doctors do not even know abut Benadryl's anti-serotonin effects, which leaves only the antihistamine ones known officially. I can't think of an explanation linking antihistamines with benzos. Under that logic, other antihistamines should also be classified similarly, right? Are cyproheptadine, cetrizine, doxylamine, etc. also classified as benzos?

Astolfo

@haidut

Do you think it's possible to seperate talc from the folic acid mixture? Is it dangerous to consume talc in the amount of you can get from 5 mg folic acid tablets?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
@haidut

Do you think it's possible to seperate talc from the folic acid mixture? Is it dangerous to consume talc in the amount of you can get from 5 mg folic acid tablets?

I don't think talc dissolves well in water, so placing the tablet in warm water should get the talc to float to the top and then it can be scooped up. I would not use a tablet if it had talk in it considering there are thousands of folic acid products on the market and you can probably find one without talc.

Astolfo

I don't think talc dissolves well in water, so placing the tablet in warm water should get the talc to float to the top and then it can be scooped up.
Hmm, i understand. Actually this morning I bought tablet form and it was like semi homogenic when mixed with water. Bad excipients were primogel and talc. There were some yellowish and white powder on the bottom. I wonder if it was the talc, primogel or the folic acid which settled down.

Do you think it's problematic to consume bit of talc daily? I have seen only one study regarding the diabetic effects of talc.

rei

Wow, really?? Is there an explanation why? Most doctors do not even know abut Benadryl's anti-serotonin effects, which leaves only the antihistamine ones known officially. I can't think of an explanation linking antihistamines with benzos. Under that logic, other antihistamines should also be classified similarly, right? Are cyproheptadine, cetrizine, doxylamine, etc. also classified as benzos?
I did not say they are classified as benzos, they are classified similarly as benzos. "mainly centrally active drugs" so it is even harder to get prescription than normal prescription drugs. The issue is that some people abused them to get drowsy, and that makes them like illegal drugs. It is all about intent, nothing to do with pharmacological properties over here.

Only classification harder than this is narcotic drugs like fentanyl. To get access to them as a nurse to administer to your patient you need to get a special key from the one in charge of the ward, head nurse or something like that. In addition to writing down every dose you administer in a book kept in the locked compartment, and write your signature so there is an official record. It's insane.

Last edited:

Melk

@haidut Is it known why talc causes diabetes? What's the mechanism behind it?
Yeah this was weird to me. If you search 'talc diabetes' in pubmed, there's not many results, and the one haidut quotes is the only relevant one, but it reads as if talc is just something you would use to induce diabetes in lab mice, if you needed to do that. Hard to interpret without much context.

although there was this metaanalysis showing minimal/no association with ovarian cancer, so I guess that's good? lol

Mathgirl

As many of my readers know, talc was recently implicated as an (ovarian) carcinogen.
Talcum Powder Lawsuit - Ovarian Cancer Link Found

There have been several class-action lawsuits against manufacturers of baby powder containing talk and the ones that have reached verdicts already all found the talc vendors culpable. However, the amount of talc applied to body by users of baby powder is rather large, usually at least several grams per application, and powder vendors have repeatedly stated that when used in amounts under a gram talc is completely safe.

The study below begs to disagree. It demonstrates that even a tiny amount (HED 1.5mg/kg) of talk ingested on a daily basis reliably causes diabetes II (T2DM) in just 2-3 weeks. This amount of talc exposure can be achieved with taking just 1-2 pills of most prescription drugs as talc is used as an excipient in most pharma drugs. That means many cases of T2DM are actually iatrogenic in origin as most people in US take at least one prescription drug daily. The good news is that even a low-dose Benadryl (diphenhydramine) was able to reverse most of the diabetic pathology caused by the talc in just 3 weeks. The HED of Benadryl used in the study was 0.15mg/kg daily, which means that for most people 10mg-15mg daily would be enough to replicate the study design. Since most Benadryl formulations on the market contain at least 25mg per pill, it should be very easy (and cheap) to contain the damage caused by talc. In addition, there are other studies demonstrating anti-cancer effects of Benadryl, so this humble chemical may even be able to contain the carcinogenic damage caused by the excipient.

Evaluation of diphenhydramine in talc induced type 2 diabetes mellitus in Wistar rats. - PubMed - NCBI

"...Evaluation of diphenhydramine in talc induced type 2 diabetes mellitus was done in Wistar rats. Oral administration of Talc (10mg/kg) carried out for 21 days increased the levels of serum glutamate pyruvate transaminase (SGPT), glutamate oxaloacetate transaminase (SGOT), serum creatinine, blood glucose, urea, uric acid and triglycerides (TGs), but when the animals were treated with diphenhydramine (DPH), the levels of the aforementioned biochemical parameters decreased significantly (p<0.0001). The level of serum cholesterol and high density lipoprotein (HDL) was found to be reduced in Diabetes Mellitus (DM) control and when it was treated with DPH control animals, these makers increased significantly. The study done on DM and Diphenhydramine suggests that Talc increases the blood glucose level at a dose of 10mg/kg (0.14gm) and Diphenhydramine (1mg/kg) reduces the increased blood glucose level. These finding simply that diphenhydramine may be useful in the management of talc induced diabetes."
Found a brand called Genexa- for kids- it's pretty clean and can be used in a much smaller dosage

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals