Eustachian Tube Dysfunction - Swollen Tongue

leighv

HI! I am new here and I have a lot to learn and a lot to uncover and research here in the RP forum. I am curious however if theres anyone here who knows what causes Eustachian tube Dysfunction and perhaps a swollen ridged tongue. These are TWO things that NO doctor knows why they are happening! The Left ear of mine is constantly filled up and very damaged with scar tissue and basically just never opening properly. The swollen tongue of mine always feels inflamed and has ridges around it. It is just bizarre, as no one knows why! maybe something from Ray Peat can help!

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Welcome to the forum. :hattip

Have you looked into B Vitamin deficiencies for the tongue?

shepherdgirl

Not sure exactly what you mean by a swollen, ridged tongue, but maybe you mean a scalloped tongue? I don't think it is typically painful, though. If that's what you mean, check out Mike and John Mew's YouTube videos - my understanding of what they say is that the tongue should rest on the roof of the palate, but for various reasons many peoples' tongues rest between the upper & lower teeth. When they swallow, teeth imprints can be left on the edge of the tongue:
Tongue Splinting by Prof John Mew

OP
L

leighv

I haven't had those checked yet, I have had so many tests done otherwise from doctors and spent so much money so I have ran out of extra money for other tests. However like 4 years ago it said I had slightly high Vitamin B12 that is all I know !

Welcome to the forum. :hattip

Have you looked into B Vitamin deficiencies for the tongue?

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
I haven't had those checked yet, I have had so many tests done otherwise from doctors and spent so much money so I have ran out of extra money for other tests. However like 4 years ago it said I had slightly high Vitamin B12 that is all I know !
Search online for b vitamin deficiencies and you can also search for pics of vitamin b deficiencies and tongue.