European Peatarians:which gelatin do you use?

BaconBits

I am just curious about finding any good gelatin here in Europe. I live in Slovenia just by the border with Italy, I never looked in Italy, but here we only have the DR. Oetker gelatins. One is hungarian pork gelatin which I dont trust, other are gelatin sheets from Germany at 1,27 euro per 10 grams. That is much more than Great Lakes gelatin. There is some really cheap beef gelatin in Leclerc, but I dont trust it because I dont know the origin.

I am looking to buying Great Lakes gelatin form ebay.com.

Dutchie

Sorry,can't help you there....I buy mine from the local organic store,after I checked several times that it's indeed from beef.
If you can't order from EBay we migth be able to woork something out as in you pay me and I'll buy you the gelatin from the store.:)

Edward

ksemen said:
I am just curious about finding any good gelatin here in Europe. I live in Slovenia just by the border with Italy, I never looked in Italy, but here we only have the DR. Oetker gelatins. One is hungarian pork gelatin which I dont trust, other are gelatin sheets from Germany at 1,27 euro per 10 grams. That is much more than Great Lakes gelatin. There is some really cheap beef gelatin in Leclerc, but I dont trust it because I dont know the origin.

I am looking to buying Great Lakes gelatin form ebay.com.

You might try looking for a power lifting or body building shop, sometimes they carry it.

Edward

Even a horse shop might have it they usually also have aspirin USP there too.

jyb

Edward said:

Going to horse shops for aspirin (in the UK the only aspirin I ever saw not containing talc or similar ingredients is intended for horses), reptile shops for heat lamps, online shops to have incandescent bulbs shipped from abroad (thanks EU directives phasing out incandescent bulbs), hydroponics forums to learn about wiring lamps (retail shops not allowed to wire in store anymore for insurance purposes), contact a dessicated thyroid producer in Thailand (after failing get prescription for thyroid despite lifelong hypothyroid symptoms), etc.

Reasonable.

OP
B

BaconBits

jyb said:
Edward said:

Going to horse shops for aspirin (in the UK the only aspirin I ever saw not containing talc or similar ingredients is intended for horses), reptile shops for heat lamps, online shops to have incandescent bulbs shipped from abroad (thanks EU directives phasing out incandescent bulbs), hydroponics forums to learn about wiring lamps (retail shops not allowed to wire in store anymore for insurance purposes), contact a dessicated thyroid producer in Thailand (after failing get prescription for thyroid despite lifelong hypothyroid symptoms), etc.

Reasonable.

No, horse shops around here dont have any aspirin or gelatin. Problem with Great Lakes is that it cost a lot for shipping on ebay.
Did anybody tried to order it from GreatLakes gelatin official site. They sell only 6 canister minimal together, I wonder how much would shipping cost.

Anyway, if it isnt high quality like Great Lakes, I would stay away from beef gelatins. Even with that I would stick to porcine gelatin, since we know nothing about the "mad cow disease". In Europe more,since US did not have any cases of mad cow. Studies show like 50/50 that it can spread and that it cannot spread. Who knows?

And yes, this European Unions sucks and is killing us. Stupid EU directives and austerity. All the supplements are so cheap in the US, you can buy the Great Lakes gelatin for 20 dollars, you cannot even get the cheap supermarket gelatin for that money here.

cartman

ksemen said:
jyb said:
Edward said:

Reasonable.

No, horse shops around here dont have any aspirin or gelatin. Problem with Great Lakes is that it cost a lot for shipping on ebay.
Did anybody tried to order it from GreatLakes gelatin official site. They sell only 6 canister minimal together, I wonder how much would shipping cost.

Anyway, if it isnt high quality like Great Lakes, I would stay away from beef gelatins. Even with that I would stick to porcine gelatin, since we know nothing about the "mad cow disease". In Europe more,since US did not have any cases of mad cow. Studies show like 50/50 that it can spread and that it cannot spread. Who knows?

And yes, this European Unions sucks and is killing us. Stupid EU directives and austerity. All the supplements are so cheap in the US, you can buy the Great Lakes gelatin for 20 dollars, you cannot even get the cheap supermarket gelatin for that money here.

Ask them if they could send it to you:
http://gelatine24.de/gelatine-fuer-menschen/index.html
http://gelatine24.de/kontakt.html

Beebop

jyb said:
Going to horse shops for aspirin (in the UK the only aspirin I ever saw not containing talc or similar ingredients is intended for horses), reptile shops for heat lamps, online shops to have incandescent bulbs shipped from abroad (thanks EU directives phasing out incandescent bulbs), hydroponics forums to learn about wiring lamps (retail shops not allowed to wire in store anymore for insurance purposes), contact a dessicated thyroid producer in Thailand (after failing get prescription for thyroid despite lifelong hypothyroid symptoms), etc.Reasonable.

:lol:

Dedication. Hey, jyb could you share your lamp wiring skillz in a thread? Would that be for getting higher Watt bulbs to work?

I use Dr Oetker at present. At some point I'll look into getting something else.

Edward do you use horse aspirin internally? Dan Wich mentioned he uses it but only topically.

jyb

Beebop said:
Dedication. Hey, jyb could you share your lamp wiring skillz in a thread?

I might write a summary in the light thread. PM me if you need something specific...