Estrone E1, Testosterone And Progesterone

Trudy Ann

Hi there all.... at present I am taking a progesterone and testosterone cream. I got a blood test done last year and both were low. So I was prescribed a topical cream.

I have just been retested with a saliva test and progesterone is high and so is testosterone and Estrone e1....

My new Dr is recommending indolplex capsules to reduce the estrone and also a new cream of Progesterone 10%, dhea 5% and testosterone.8% to be used topically.

My question is to ask about the indolplex to reduce the Estrone E1...Has anyone used this or anything else to reduce Estrone?

Also I feel that the testosterone could be lowered in the script as I have heard dhea increases testosterone as well?

or I just go on straight progesterone?

What do you all think?

Attachments

• C9766677-F0B2-44C5-AECC-D53342F02199.jpeg
    C9766677-F0B2-44C5-AECC-D53342F02199.jpeg
    407.3 KB · Views: 18

skycop00

Hi there all.... at present I am taking a progesterone and testosterone cream. I got a blood test done last year and both were low. So I was prescribed a topical cream.

I have just been retested with a saliva test and progesterone is high and so is testosterone and Estrone e1....

My new Dr is recommending indolplex capsules to reduce the estrone and also a new cream of Progesterone 10%, dhea 5% and testosterone.8% to be used topically.

My question is to ask about the indolplex to reduce the Estrone E1...Has anyone used this or anything else to reduce Estrone?

Also I feel that the testosterone could be lowered in the script as I have heard dhea increases testosterone as well?

What do you all think?
Sadly I have not seen one peer reviewed paper supporting Saliva for hormones other than cortisol if I remember correctly. Indolplex I am assuming is DIM/I3C. Your practitioner is trying to PUSH metabolites down the supposed more healthful pathway of 2OH (Phase 1 into Phase II methylation) and away from the 4oh pathway and 16oh paths. There is literature showing that the 4 and 16 pathway are adduct forming and may contribute to cancers. 16OH has data showing bone support and unless someone has some overt issue I am not in favor of pushing these pathways too hard for too long. I hope your provider is assessing your symptoms as well as the labs. I prefer blood and or urine as we have plenty of peer reviewed data. Here is a link from analytical chemist Mark Newman (DUTCH TEST) speaking to the types of testing and their validity...

skycop00

What do you all think?
Evidence-Based Opinion Papers & Best Practices – DUTCH Test