Estrogenic Substances Are All Around Us

haidut

Forum Supporter
Ray has written about the ubiquity of the chemicals with estrogenic action in nature. If that's not enough, we are now surrounded by a plethora of synthetic "xenoestrogens" that appear to be having the same (and sometimes even more potent) estrogenic effect than estrogen itself. It appears that those substances manifest their effects mainly through release of prolactin and activation of Ca+ channels, which matches well with Ray's description of the similarities between estrogen and cocaine. Based on what I have read about cocaine it has a very similar mechanism of action. Here is a good study summarizing some of the wost offender.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1862644/

"...Both estradiol (E2) and compounds representing various classes of xenoestrogens (diethylstilbestrol, coumestrol, bisphenol A, DDE, nonylphenol, endosulfan, and dieldrin) act via a membrane version of the estrogen receptor-α on pituitary cells, and can provoke Ca++ influx via L-type channels, leading to prolactin (PRL) secretion."

Fractality

Ray has written about the ubiquity of the chemicals with estrogenic action in nature. If that's not enough, we are now surrounded by a plethora of synthetic "xenoestrogens" that appear to be having the same (and sometimes even more potent) estrogenic effect than estrogen itself. It appears that those substances manifest their effects mainly through release of prolactin and activation of Ca+ channels, which matches well with Ray's description of the similarities between estrogen and cocaine. Based on what I have read about cocaine it has a very similar mechanism of action. Here is a good study summarizing some of the wost offender.

Xenoestrogens are potent activators of nongenomic estrogenic responses

"...Both estradiol (E2) and compounds representing various classes of xenoestrogens (diethylstilbestrol, coumestrol, bisphenol A, DDE, nonylphenol, endosulfan, and dieldrin) act via a membrane version of the estrogen receptor-α on pituitary cells, and can provoke Ca++ influx via L-type channels, leading to prolactin (PRL) secretion."

Cypro and magnesium are Ca++ blockers, correct?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Cypro and magnesium are Ca++ blockers, correct?

Yes, and I think ketotifen might be as well. Most serotonin antagonists seem to have some calcium channel blocking properties but the potency varies.

Regina

Yes, and I think ketotifen might be as well. Most serotonin antagonists seem to have some calcium channel blocking properties but the potency varies.
btw: ketotifen has had remarkable effects on my dog. I have been giving him 1mg per day. He had suffered from extreme reactivity (raging at other dogs; fear anxiety and seizures) since I adopted him in 2007. (the shelter said he was "2" at the time).
Anyway, he is existing just fine in hot buggy Florida. No more seizures. No more insane itchies. His reactivity is much more containable. He sleeps well; has a great appetite and still plays a helluva game of frisbee in the nearby fields. He is on no other drugs. No systemic flea stuff or "Frontline" or "Comfortis." No vaccines. He has not been sick many years.
But ketotifen has given me a different dog. Playful, calm and affectionate.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom