Estrogen seems to make me feel better...

InChristAlone

I see estrogen as similar to testosterone in that it is beneficial as long as it's opposed by the appropriate hormones. In the case of testosterone, this would be progesterone and DHT and in the case of estrogen, especially in women, it would be progesterone. I'm not sure why human beings always seem to have a black and white view of how things work. Almost everything in this world exists as a shade of gray. If estrogen were really so bad, why do men with low estrogen have greater all cause mortality than men with high levels? It's clearly a hormone that can cause issues in excess but this is true of pretty much every hormone. It's all about balance.
Amen! It isn't black and white. Hormones need balance. Even too much thyroid can be deadly.

Lollipop2

Like I said I don't suggest using estrogen ever. But I also don't necessarily agree with the amounts of progesterone people use unless like you are doing balancing it with the parent hormone of estrogen. When I have used DHEA it gave me anxiety-a clear estrogen dominance symptom for me. So yes you are boosting estrogen by using DHEA.
DHEA alone tends to go down the estrogen path. BUT with progesterone it tends to go towards testosterone - the androgen path. That is why I take it with progesterone vaginally: NEVER any bad reaction or estrogen symptoms. But orally and alone and yes - your reactions precisely.

InChristAlone

DHEA alone tends to go down the estrogen path. BUT with progesterone it tends to go towards testosterone - the androgen path. That is why I take it with progesterone vaginally: NEVER any bad reaction or estrogen symptoms. But orally and alone and yes - your reactions precisely.
Curious why the need for more androgens? Many women nowadays have too many. With PCOS etc.

Lollipop2

Curious why the need for more androgens? Many women nowadays have too many. With PCOS etc.
Androgens drop hard during menopause like progesterone that floors around 55. I promise you from my personal experience that the combo of progesterone and DHEA gives life back to the poor women suffering pre-, menopausal, and post.

InChristAlone

Androgens drop hard during menopause like progesterone that floors around 55. I promise you from my personal experience that the combo of progesterone and DHEA gives life back to the poor women suffering pre-, menopausal, and post.
It's hard to believe it! I produce too many! Still get a few acne spots here and there and libido can be super high. But I am a regularly cycling woman not anywhere near pre menopausal. I do think when ovulation stops that replacing some of those hormones is probably necessary.

SonOfEurope

Yeah they do... And without the progestogenic part of the cycle Estrogen is not removed from tissues, two things happen - it accumulates in tissues exciting them towards deranged cellular division, and eventual exhaustion - Estrogen is what disorganizes to start creation, progesterone what then organizes it.

The other thing that happens consequently is that tissues, especially those related to women's sexual secondary characteristics and everything else related to the "goodness" of Oestradiol lose their sensitivity to it in the bursts needed for those traits to be expressed.... The good short bursts of the small amount of Testosterone produced by cycling ovaries - that is protected from turning into DHT largely by P4... Goes to hell as well... And adrenal androgens, in proportion, increase....

Mito

With PCOS etc.
“A quick Google search for “estradiol valerate PCOS” returned hundreds of scientific studies which discuss at length the apparently well-known role of estrogen in the pathology of PCOS and various antiestrogenic interventions as a potential treatment/cure. So, once again, medical censorship is on full display. As it turns out, a large number of non-Western countries have a very different view on the etiology of PCOS and have made significant advances towards treating/curing it. It seems, it is only the corruption of the Western medical system and the accompanying censorship that prevents the same from happening over here.”

Lollipop2

It's hard to believe it! I produce too many! Still get a few acne spots here and there and libido can be super high. But I am a regularly cycling woman not anywhere near pre menopausal. I do think when ovulation stops that replacing some of those hormones is probably necessary.
That is why my original question to you :): Are you in peri menopause? My perspective shifted dramatically as I experienced the shifts in my body. The cool thing is you are way ahead of the game and when the time comes you can sail through these times. Once a woman reaches around 40-45 - the game changes and if suggesting ideas, it is important to determine age.

Anyway, I hope you are your sweet family are doing good :): It has been fun following you for these last years and vicariously learning about your awesome family!

I have noticed that there seems to be less collagen or elastin on my skin the last few years. And yes, maybe our estrogen receptors are occupied w bad estrogens from PUFAS and other things in our environments and this is why estrogen is low?? I’m sorry to hear you have such side effects coming off the hormone cream. ?
How our labs able to differentiate between measuring good cholesterol from hormones and bad cholesterol from puf?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals