Estrogen, Not Androgens, May Be The Cause Of Baldness

mrchibbs

Do you agree that acne is a sign that there is some estrogen conversion going on with the dhea in addition to androgens? I think haidut said as much (acne requires esteogen and dht)
If so, what do you recommend me to do against that?
I am already using aspirin, coffee, I lift and am low bodyfat

Yes I agree with it. I must say I still do get some acne once in a while, and sometimes on my scalp too, which I never got as well before I fixed my thyroid issues.

I think it’s a sign of estrogen dominance and that you need more of one or many of the fat soluble vitamins, which are all anti-estrogenic; A,D especially but E and K as well.

Ableton

How does fixing thyroid contribute to acne?
I actually always feel best when I have acne, which mostly occurs on my shoulder.
I think it’s first of all a sign that I am high in hormones, androgens and sadly estrogen as well.
If I feel like ***t I never have acne

mrchibbs

How does fixing thyroid contribute to acne?
I actually always feel best when I have acne, which mostly occurs on my shoulder.
I think it’s first of all a sign that I am high in hormones, androgens and sadly estrogen as well.
If I feel like ***t I never have acne

I think higher thyroid function means higher nutritional requirements, and the acne can come out when they are not met adequately.

mrchibbs

Actually I might just pull the trigger on estroban

I have the isolated vitamins myself, but yeah that’s a good product

Estradiol

Estradiol

Adrenals don’t cause hair loss. Stressed guys have hair loss and hyperactive adrenals, but the DHEA rises to oppose the cortisol and other stress hormones. It is an adaptive, not causative agent in hair loss. Heck DHEA is probably the most potent protective steroid of youth. It probably works topically by opposing the deleterious effects of cortisol in the scalp, and restores proper mitochondrial function to the hair follicles, much like it rejuvenates aged skin.

How can you know someone is stressed or have hyperactive adrenals or vice versa? Blood work?

Just by looking at them? LOL

PaRa

Eggs, full fat dairy, ripe fruit, seafood definitely among the top foods that come back in everyone’s fav list.

I guess cold feet in July really shows thyroid issues. Personally I’m super warm, but I don’t get A/C lower than 75. Liberally drinking milk in between solid meals instead of water. Idk the latter doesn’t feel satisfying and may I say, hydrating.

Cold feet and hands, dry too.
Seems to be caused by oxalates for me, was eating a lot of sprouted buckwheat, sweat potatoes : always cold
Oats and French white sourdough warmed me up instead.
White potatoes are neutral.

Just ate warm spouted buckwheat in milk, cold hand and feet right now.

Oxalates are ***t for me.

Hard to find good starch source, gluten, PUFAs, low potassium, anti nutrients, lectins...

mrchibbs

How can you know someone is stressed or have hyperactive adrenals or vice versa? Blood work?

Just by looking at them? LOL

Elevated cortisol and DHEA, DHEAS

rei

Georgi talked about this in a recent podcast. Aromatase inhibitors aren't purely selective to estrogen, they affect many other hormones as well.

In this case Exemestane (Aromasin) also does possibly the worse thing you can think of: it blocks the conversion of cholesterol to pregnenolone

View attachment 18242

No wonder you hair took a hit.
How is this the first time i have heard aromatase is converting cholesterol to pregnenolone? Like WTF. Even when i researched it lately it was nowhere to be found in the obvious sources. Those sources told me that cholesterol supply is normally the rate-limiting step, which proved to me cholesterol supplementation would be extremely effective. But nowhere did i see aromatase being mentioned.

Ableton

Elevated cortisol and DHEA, DHEAS
I feel like this combo ages you in some areas (hair, eye bags, perhaps skin texture) and keeps you young in others (facial leanness, high ability to keep muscle and androgenic features). This is from experience what I would associate with high stress high dhea in terms of looks

mrchibbs

How is this the first time i have heard aromatase is converting cholesterol to pregnenolone? Like WTF. Even when i researched it lately it was nowhere to be found in the obvious sources. Those sources told me that cholesterol supply is normally the rate-limiting step, which proved to me cholesterol supplementation would be extremely effective. But nowhere did i see aromatase being mentioned.

I totally share your WTF feeling. The information out there is really deficient.

mrchibbs

I feel like this combo ages you in some areas (hair, eye bags, perhaps skin texture) and keeps you young in others (facial leanness, high ability to keep muscle and androgenic features). This is from experience what I would associate with high stress high dhea in terms of looks

I think you’re right, increased body hair in unwanted places is another sign. Ultimately though after months or years the adrenals atrophy and these people are left with just high cortisol, which breaks down everything fast.

wavelength123

I totally share your WTF feeling. The information out there is really deficient.

Cholesterol Side-Chain Cleavage Enzyme - an overview | ScienceDirect Topics

I’ll need more than a single sentence from Pubchem to convince me that everything we’ve been taught is wrong.

aromatase is found in the granulosa whereas cholesterol cleavage happens in theca cells.

it could just be that AIs are terrible because E2 is good for hair growth and many other functions. Just a basic thought... don’t crash it with drugs given to cancer patients.

Last edited:

rei

it is not necessarily wrong, they just might have "forgot" to mention at some point aromatase is required even if the SCC enzyme is doing the work.

But i agree with your general point, one source should only be used as a hint for further research, not as a fact.

wavelength123

hopefully someone studies Theca cells some more and finds aromatase activity in there, and gets a Nobel prize for that!

JDreamer

Cholesterol Side-Chain Cleavage Enzyme - an overview | ScienceDirect Topics

I’ll need more than a single sentence from Pubchem to convince me that everything we’ve been taught is wrong.

aromatase is found in the granulosa whereas cholesterol cleavage happens in theca cells.

it could just be that AIs are terrible because E2 is good for hair growth and many other functions. Just a basic thought... don’t crash it with drugs given to cancer patients.

Don't think the goal here is to crash it. But it's running wildly out of hand (especially at a local level) for anyone who's balding and in many males over 40 experiencing a myriad of other health-related issues. Not to mention all the exogenous estrogens we're being bombarded with on a daily basis. "Balancing" it out would be a better choice of words.

Based on more readings it would appear "Estriol" is the good derivative. Estrone and Estradiol not so much.

Last edited:

mrchibbs

Don't think the goal here is to crash it. But it's running wildly out of hand (especially at a local level) for anyone who's balding and in many males over 40 experiencing a myriad of other health-related issues. Not to mention all the exogenous estrogens we're being bombarded with on a daily basis. "Balancing" it out would be a better choice of words.

Based on more readings it would appear "Estriol" is the good derivative. Estrone and Estradiol not so much.

The problem is chronically elevated estrogen.