Estrogen is the fountain of youth

Abcdefgmo

Estrogen comes from androgens, estrogen is the final product of hormone pathway
No androgens, no estrogens
Or should I say no androgens, and no aromatase, you won't produce estrogen

Glyphosate is an aromatase inhibitor, and its found especially in gmo, wheat, and maybe even refined sugar

Estrogen improves insulin sensitivity
Estrogen produces / recycles choline to prevent fatty liver
Estrogen raises Ceruloplasmin which regulates copper and iron lowering inflammation and oxidative stress
Thyroid raises Ceruloplasmin as well
Thyroid raises E and also increases aromatization

If you take estrogen it lowers androgens because of the negative feedback loop, you're meant to have estrogen as the end result of androgens and good thyroid and adrenals and cholesterol

You can be estrogen dominant but have low estrogen
Its all about ratios

Women produce estrogen but don't have as many androgens
Men are meant to have androgens which convert to some estrogen

No gyno if you have a balance of androgens and estrogens

Nebula

Near zero estrogen as optimal doesn’t sound right to me or agree with my experience with using aromatase inhibiting substances, but neither does high estrogen. Like most things it’s probably best left regulated by thyroid driven high oxidative metabolism combined with cholesterol as a hormone precursor.

Neeters 27

As a 11 year post menopausal woman age 61, I have to supplement with Estrogen because every time tested in bloods, all 3 estriol, estradiol and estrone were non detectible or below 40 which my doc said, too low thats why I was exhausted and weak and losing my hair. I am already on a good amount of NDT thyroid and Progesterone for several years now. I felt better within HOURS of applying Estrogel. I use the regular dose, which is average. it has not caused me anything but IMPROVEMENT . I might have been estrogen dominant in my pre meno life, and maybe even up until 3 or 4 years ago. now I need it and bloodwork says Im lowish still, but ok. I did try the estradiol patches in various strengths and they did not absorb at all. the gel does and is bio identical

Beastmode

As a 11 year post menopausal woman age 61, I have to supplement with Estrogen because every time tested in bloods, all 3 estriol, estradiol and estrone were non detectible or below 40 which my doc said, too low thats why I was exhausted and weak and losing my hair. I am already on a good amount of NDT thyroid and Progesterone for several years now. I felt better within HOURS of applying Estrogel. I use the regular dose, which is average. it has not caused me anything but IMPROVEMENT . I might have been estrogen dominant in my pre meno life, and maybe even up until 3 or 4 years ago. now I need it and bloodwork says Im lowish still, but ok. I did try the estradiol patches in various strengths and they did not absorb at all. the gel does and is bio identical
Peat has mentioned that estrogen can be a brain stimulator which is why some women claim to feel better on it than off.

He also mentioned coffee as an alternative as it's a much safer brain stimulator.

I forgot which interview this was in. It does point to how experiences like your's, which I've heard other women claim, serves as a reason to supplement it. However, the potential long term effects are probably not worth it. Plus, doctors are rarely educated in the potential dangers of supplementing estrogen while not realizing it's massively stored in the tissues as one ages.

Definitely worth emailing him directly about this.

Neeters 27

Peat has mentioned that estrogen can be a brain stimulator which is why some women claim to feel better on it than off.

He also mentioned coffee as an alternative as it's a much safer brain stimulator.

I forgot which interview this was in. It does point to how experiences like your's, which I've heard other women claim, serves as a reason to supplement it. However, the potential long term effects are probably not worth it. Plus, doctors are rarely educated in the potential dangers of supplementing estrogen while not realizing it's massively stored in the tissues as one ages.

Definitely worth emailing him directly about this.
I understand your concerns, and I can attest to the fact that since Ive been using it I have come out of retirement since 2014, and 2 months ago got a new job in Insurance, where I had to study and take 2 massive exams and now work at a major Bank. I was brain dead before estrogen...I am lucky taht I work out and eat lots of cruciferous and take coffee and magnesium so I eliminate toxins easily. Im not worried, its all about quality of life. Ive spent so many years sick, I finally feel better almost 30 years later....

CastorTroy

I think testosterone (along with GH and melatonin) is the fountain of youth. Estrogen and DHT are essential and healthy derivatives and when they are in check. Problems arise when they're too high or unbalanced.

Risingfire

Estrogen comes from androgens, estrogen is the final product of hormone pathway
No androgens, no estrogens
Or should I say no androgens, and no aromatase, you won't produce estrogen

Glyphosate is an aromatase inhibitor, and its found especially in gmo, wheat, and maybe even refined sugar

Estrogen improves insulin sensitivity
Estrogen produces / recycles choline to prevent fatty liver
Estrogen raises Ceruloplasmin which regulates copper and iron lowering inflammation and oxidative stress
Thyroid raises Ceruloplasmin as well
Thyroid raises E and also increases aromatization

If you take estrogen it lowers androgens because of the negative feedback loop, you're meant to have estrogen as the end result of androgens and good thyroid and adrenals and cholesterol

You can be estrogen dominant but have low estrogen
Its all about ratios

Women produce estrogen but don't have as many androgens
Men are meant to have androgens which convert to some estrogen

No gyno if you have a balance of androgens and estrogens
Hahahhahhahahhahhahahahhah!!!!

boris

I understand your concerns, and I can attest to the fact that since Ive been using it I have come out of retirement since 2014, and 2 months ago got a new job in Insurance, where I had to study and take 2 massive exams and now work at a major Bank. I was brain dead before estrogen...I am lucky taht I work out and eat lots of cruciferous and take coffee and magnesium so I eliminate toxins easily. Im not worried, its all about quality of life. Ive spent so many years sick, I finally feel better almost 30 years later....

You can snort some coke, you‘ll get the same kind of energy.

Ray Peat: „The amphetamine-like action of estrogen, which undoubtedly contributes to the general level of stress and excitotoxic abuse of nerve cells, is probably the only "useful" facet of estrogen treatment, but a little cocaine might achieve the same effect with no more harm, possibly less.“

Ray Peat: „When fatigue and lethargy are associated with aging, the brain stimulating action of estrogen can make a woman feel that she has more energy. (Large doses given to rats will make them run compulsively; running wheels with odometers have shown that they will run over 30 miles a day from the influence of estrogen.) Estrogen inhibits one of the enzymic routes for inactivating brain amines, and so it has more general effects on the brain than just the glutamate system. This generalized effect on brain amines is more like the effects of cocaine or amphetamine. If that is a woman's basis for wanting to use estrogen, a monoamine oxidase inhibitor would be safer.“

Neeters 27

Huhh, its not energizing exactly, but it fixed my crunchiness and mood as well as extreme fatigue. I had ZERO estrogen. this is NOT NORMAL for any woman at any age. So I will take it. clearly you are not in Menopause, so you have no idea how awful one can feel when hormones are at an all time low. with supplementation I am still on the Low side within menopausal range btw. Estrogen is required in some amount for both men and women. and I partied in the 80s with the best of them , so I know what coke feels like. its NOT even close, nor is it noticeable effect. coffee even has no effect on me unless I have 3 cups. just sayin, its helping me tremendously. in small amounts. wouldnt you take Testosterone if your levels tanked as you age? you ought to, if you want to look and feel good as you get old.

Herbie

This has always stayed with me. There are more photos of men with aromatase deficiency in google images and they look similar.

This has always stayed with me. There are more photos of men with aromatase deficiency in google images and they look similar.
his gut and man breasts are indicative of insulin resistance, which makes sense as estrogen is crucial for insulin sensitivity.

Herbie

his gut and man breasts are indicative of insulin resistance, which makes sense as estrogen is crucial for insulin sensitivity.

Yeah bad spinal kyphosis, scholisis and knock knees.

they measured his testiscules and they were normal size and he has spontaneous erections.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Huhh, its not energizing exactly, but it fixed my crunchiness and mood as well as extreme fatigue. I had ZERO estrogen. this is NOT NORMAL for any woman at any age. So I will take it. clearly you are not in Menopause, so you have no idea how awful one can feel when hormones are at an all time low. with supplementation I am still on the Low side within menopausal range btw. Estrogen is required in some amount for both men and women. and I partied in the 80s with the best of them , so I know what coke feels like. its NOT even close, nor is it noticeable effect. coffee even has no effect on me unless I have 3 cups. just sayin, its helping me tremendously. in small amounts. wouldnt you take Testosterone if your levels tanked as you age? you ought to, if you want to look and feel good as you get old.
I’m really happy for you @Neeters 27.

BlueEyeWolf

Forum Supporter
I need it also. I use Estrogel- natural. I had virtually none in my system after menopause. I can feel the difference. I also take progesterone. If you need it there are no long term effects that are known of and the key is starting right away. So many health benefits. Estrogen is misunderstood by so many. Thank you for this post.

SonOfEurope

Estrogen is the hormone of "new beginnings" this is the key to understating it all.

Women need it's spike for the maintenance of their secondary Sexual traits and to keep them in a state of "starting anew" ready for a new pregnancy.

Men, with our massive testosterone, need some to aromatize after a traumatic event, and during healing the the cell must reproduce.

In the context of a short burst, later regulated by Progesterone and the androgen yes - it is.

Think of estrogen as the fast heart beat after a short sprint, you need it... Think of progesterone, DHT and the high steroids as the relaxation after the sprint, you need it just as much.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals