Estrogen Is Absolutely Critical For Men

Hairlosssucks

I should have mentioned that the period when things 'clicked' and came good was 3 years ago and sadly I've not recaptured it since. I'd dropped the training intensity before that for a time & I've being doing the same since without success.

Life has been a lot more stressful over the last 3 years & I was certainly undereating for a good part of it. It feels like things are now slowly improving though.

I’m struggling to think of what we can do to improve this problem. Especially since testing in the uk and nhs is so surface level. We can’t even get an e2 sensitive test to see our exact levels.

Spartan300

Yup, my GP said 'we don't test that, it's a woman's hormone'.

I don't know what to think - any estrogen lowering substances I've tried worsen libido which suggests E2 could be low but with my T/DHT/DHEA-S levels I'd expect to be leaner & sleep better.....

Hairlosssucks

Yup, my GP said 'we don't test that, it's a woman's hormone'.

I don't know what to think - any estrogen lowering substances I've tried worsen libido which suggests E2 could be low but with my T/DHT/DHEA-S levels I'd expect to be leaner & sleep better.....
Yep my gp said the exact same thing. I read a study that estradiol cream reduced sleep apnea in post menopausal women. Probably due to their low estrogen levels being raised.

If we were to assume we have low e2, raising it would probably help.

Adrenaline

Just use Estrofem for 3-4 days. See how it messes you up.

Estrogen is toxic for man. It might be good for women because of it's feminization effects. It's absolute toxic for me.

I'm on Letrozole and Proviron for a long time. My estrogen levels are probably undetectable. I feel great.

Hairlosssucks

Estrogen is toxic for man. It might be good for women because of it's feminization effects. It's absolute toxic for me.

I'm on Letrozole and Proviron for a long time. My estrogen levels are probably undetectable. I feel great.

Im talking about estradiol e2 not every estrogen such as estrone e1 etc.

Spartan300

A strategy is difficult when things that are supposed to help make things worse. References to studies are great as to why something should work but frustrating when the opposite happens in practice. We just have to keep experimenting I guess. For now I'll be avoiding the estrogen lowering supps.

I have subclinical hypo symptoms and although I've asked a few times no-one seems to have a view on whether it's possible to have poor thyroid function with good levels of androgens. I really wish I knew what to focus on. Poor temps & cold extremities could be adrenaline related rather than thyroid?

T

TheBeard

25mg aromasin or proviron makes me feel like I'm 100 years old joint wise

Goobz

Well transexuals use very high doses of E2 for very long periods of time, and as long as its transdermal estradiol the effects seem to be quite mild. I've seen at least one study showing they have better cardiovascular health, as measured by arterial stiffness etc.

That being said, I don't think a man is built to get his E2 from circulating E2, in the right quantities. For example the hippocampus seems to have a huge density of aromatase, which would suggest it's sufficient circulating testosterone levels which are needed to deliver enough E2 there (as long as one isn't on an AI). This also helps explain why AIs seem to be harmful to memory and cognition.

I am glad to hear this and hope it continues, but I would also caution - I thought I "felt great" initially on letrozole, it wasn't till later that I realised the negative effects. Mostly on my mental abilities, sleep, skin, and bones.

But we don't need to go off how we feel, since there are studies. There are studies showing that people on AIs have lower cognition, and links between these drugs and cognitive decline.

Dr Dale Bredesen, the End of Alzheimer's doc, quotes E2 and thyroid to be the most important hormones for brain health (in men it's given via testosterone).

If someone wants to google aromatase deficiency syndrome they'll see what a "pure" non pharma blockade of aromatase and estrogen does to a man. That is one example where all the negatives can't be explained away as some "unrelated" side effect of some man made drug.

PPbro

Estradiol is an absolute wonder of nature in every single tissue and cell. Thus, aromatase inhibitors should only be used in the event of excessive aromatization ie. a fat and sick patient that hasn’t lost all the adipose tissue yet.

Xenoestrogens must be avoided. Something that someone with some degree of functional thinking should understand easily, is that serum estradiol rises when xenoestrogens are binding to the estrogen receptor. It’s typically seen in studies that use SERMs.

Blaming estradiol for disease is yet another example of blaming firemen for a fire. Except that this time, firemen are being blocked from even doing their job.

Adrenaline

Well transexuals use very high doses of E2 for very long periods of time, and as long as its transdermal estradiol the effects seem to be quite mild. I've seen at least one study showing they have better cardiovascular health, as measured by arterial stiffness etc.

That being said, I don't think a man is built to get his E2 from circulating E2, in the right quantities. For example the hippocampus seems to have a huge density of aromatase, which would suggest it's sufficient circulating testosterone levels which are needed to deliver enough E2 there (as long as one isn't on an AI). This also helps explain why AIs seem to be harmful to memory and cognition.

I am glad to hear this and hope it continues, but I would also caution - I thought I "felt great" initially on letrozole, it wasn't till later that I realised the negative effects. Mostly on my mental abilities, sleep, skin, and bones.

But we don't need to go off how we feel, since there are studies. There are studies showing that people on AIs have lower cognition, and links between these drugs and cognitive decline.

Dr Dale Bredesen, the End of Alzheimer's doc, quotes E2 and thyroid to be the most important hormones for brain health (in men it's given via testosterone).

If someone wants to google aromatase deficiency syndrome they'll see what a "pure" non pharma blockade of aromatase and estrogen does to a man. That is one example where all the negatives can't be explained away as some "unrelated" side effect of some man made drug.

This is the huge mental problem in this forum. Of course you should choose what makes you feel good and healthy. Real life > (fake) studies.

Instead of listen to your body. You apply what studies says. Even if you feel like a mess.

I mean WTF? If I feel a mess why should I do it? I would go for what makes me feel good.

Anyway. You can do whatever you want.

Kunstruct

High E2 seems not fun for men.
Varicocele leading to testicular atrophy. Breast tissue growing. Male Breast Cancer which now even popular persons report. High irritability. Prostate issues and cancer. Gastric cancer.

tankasnowgod

Transexuals experience all sorts of problems, both medical and emotional. The rates of suicide are far higher among people who are transgender- Transgender Adolescent Suicide Behavior. I don't think the medicine practiced on them is in any way safe, nor do I think they are a good group to point to justify any medical practice.

True, but it's a rare disease that has affected these men their whole life. Since estrogen is a hormone that signals growth, a deficiency during childhood and adolescence could dramatically alter growth. While interesting cases, it doesn't really suggest that adult men with high or "normal" estrogen wouldn't benefit from some strategy to lower it, whether that be through diet, supplementation, or through pharmaceuticals.

Hairlosssucks

A strategy is difficult when things that are supposed to help make things worse. References to studies are great as to why something should work but frustrating when the opposite happens in practice. We just have to keep experimenting I guess. For now I'll be avoiding the estrogen lowering supps.

I have subclinical hypo symptoms and although I've asked a few times no-one seems to have a view on whether it's possible to have poor thyroid function with good levels of androgens. I really wish I knew what to focus on. Poor temps & cold extremities could be adrenaline related rather than thyroid?

have you experienced much hairloss since you felt that maybe your e could be too low?

Spartan300

Not really. I've been experiencing my current issues for around 5 years. My hairline receded mostly around 25 years ago and although mot much has changed in many years I think it may have receded a little more in the last 6 months.

GreekDemiGod

Lately, I've been feeling pain in my joints during my lifting session. Wrists and elbow especially. I've always had fragile joints, so not sure.

GreekDemiGod

Can Low estrongen alter ability to build muscle?
Can one test whether he is low estrogen without a blood test? Maybe eat a high PUFA meal to provoke a spike in estrogen, and if it's followed by a rise in libido, then you know you are low E.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals