Estrogen Is Absolutely Critical For Men

Spartan300

Did you get low estrogen symptoms in the last three years or before peating?

Most of the symptoms listed have appeared since 'peating' which I guess proves the estrogen lowering potential.

I started following recommendations here in an attempt to improve sleep, temperatures & exercise tolerance. More recently I'm beginning to believe I had just been over-training & underfed.

Think I'm going to try a little boron & a couple of beers for a bit...

Hans

Forum Supporter
Most of the symptoms listed have appeared since 'peating' which I guess proves the estrogen lowering potential.

I started following recommendations here in an attempt to improve sleep, temperatures & exercise tolerance. More recently I'm beginning to believe I had just been over-training & underfed.

Think I'm going to try a little boron & a couple of beers for a bit...
Have you ever tested estrogen before, or maybe prolactin?

Spartan300

Yes I've been taking vitamin k off and on along the way. Do you have a theory regarding vit k?

Hairlosssucks

Yes I've been taking vitamin k off and on along the way. Do you have a theory regarding vit k?

I read somewhere ages ago on here that vitamin k changes the way our bodies use estrogen. Not sure what that meant tbh, could it affect the receptors?, who knows?.

Hairlosssucks

found this in a paper: Subsequent experiments showed that vitamin K2 binds 17beta hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase 4 and decreases the intracellular estradiol:estrone ratio, which resulted in the inhibition of the amount of estrogen receptor alpha-binding to its target DNA. These results suggest a possible novel role for vitamin K in modulating estrogen function.

Vitamin K2 binds 17beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase 4 and modulates estrogen metabolism. - PubMed - NCBI

Spartan300

Thanks @Hairlosssucks, not sure I know what that means in real terms? Less estrogenic symptoms?

For anyone showing low E2 symptoms it may make things worse?

I may be in the minority with good androgens/low E2 (if I'm right) but suspect there's a sweet spot.

I have reasonable muscle mass on a relatively light frame.
On paper you'd think I'd have a strong build, no problem gaining muscle with a raging libido Sadly not the case ...

Tarmander

I read somewhere ages ago on here that vitamin k changes the way our bodies use estrogen. Not sure what that meant tbh, could it affect the receptors?, who knows?.

I used topical vitamin K for almost a year and have had many of the symptoms talked about in this thread...MK4...this is getting interesting.

Hairlosssucks

Thanks @Hairlosssucks, not sure I know what that means in real terms? Less estrogenic symptoms?

For anyone showing low E2 symptoms it may make things worse?

I may be in the minority with good androgens/low E2 (if I'm right) but suspect there's a sweet spot.

I have reasonable muscle mass on a relatively light frame.
On paper you'd think I'd have a strong build, no problem gaining muscle with a raging libido Sadly not the case ...

I seem to have the same problem. Normal androgens but low estrogen, giving me hypogonadsim like symptoms.

In any normal person the test would be converted.

Spartan300

Something changes when I manage to sleep well. My body responds to circulating androgens when it otherwise doesn't. Libido improves & I notice belly fat quickly reduces.

I focused for quite some time on lowering cortisol to improve sleep but I've not yet altogether cracked it. I'm hoping that reducing stress & increasing calories is going to help.

Sativa

Did you factor in contamination/exposure to the numerous synthetic chemical & food based estrogens in the British environment? Some can take strategic focus to encourage detoxification aka removal.

Hairlosssucks

Something changes when I manage to sleep well. My body responds to circulating androgens when it otherwise doesn't. Libido improves & I notice belly fat quickly reduces.

I focused for quite some time on lowering cortisol to improve sleep but I've not yet altogether cracked it. I'm hoping that reducing stress & increasing calories is going to help.

I’m in a horrible cycle where my out of whack hormones affect my sleep, making me unable to sleep and make progress to balancing my hormones.

It’s a deadly spiral.

Spartan300

Did you factor in contamination/exposure to the numerous synthetic chemical & food based estrogens in the British environment? Some can take strategic focus to encourage detoxification aka removal.

I'm careful with plastics and food etc where possible but I'd always assumed things were a little safer here than in the US?

OP
Lokzo

Lokzo

Forum Supporter
People are concerned and definitely should be by xenoestrogens, toxic estrogens in our environment.

This is exacrtly the reason why I use Calcium D Glucarate every 4 days or so, to help clear the liver and gut from these toxins.

I always feel better after using it.

This is also rationalised by my elevated beta glucoronidase activity, assessed via a CDSA, level 4.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals