Estrogen dominant- how can I work to get estrogen out of my tissues faster?

joyintheworld

Holding onto some estrogen still. Taking arimadex 1/ day . Looking for ways to get the estrogen out of my tissues faster. Do everything right...super healthy.

mostlylurking

Holding onto some estrogen still. Taking arimadex 1/ day . Looking for ways to get the estrogen out of my tissues faster. Do everything right...super healthy.
Estrogen is an ongoing issue; more is created if you have any inflammation. Anything that increases inflammation is considered estrogenic. Progesterone will help get it out of the tissues and a healthy liver will help dispose of it. But estrogen happens. Polyunsaturated fats are estrogenic so diet is extremely important.

What is Arimidex?​

Arimidex (anastrozole) lowers estrogen levels in postmenopausal women, which may slow the growth of certain types of breast tumors that need estrogen to grow in the body.

Arimidex is used to treat breast cancer in postmenopausal women.

Arimidex is often given to women whose cancer has progressed even after taking tamoxifen (Nolvadex, Soltamox).

Warnings​

Arimidex may decrease blood flow to your heart, especially if you have ever had coronary artery disease (clogged arteries). Seek medical attention if you have new or worsening chest pain, or if you feel short of breath.

Do not use anastrozole if you are pregnant. It could harm the unborn baby.

Arimidex may not work as well if you take it together with estrogen medication (such as hormone replacement therapy, estrogen creams, or birth control pills, injections, implants, skin patches, and vaginal rings).

Arimidex may increase your risk of a stroke or blood clot. Call your doctor at once if you have sudden numbness or weakness, (especially on one side of the body), sudden severe headache, slurred speech, or problems with vision or balance.

also this: ARIMIDEX

Important Safety Information About ARIMIDEX​

• Prescription ARIMIDEX is only for postmenopausal women. ARIMIDEX should not be taken if you are pregnant because it may harm your unborn child. Do not take ARIMIDEX if you are allergic to any of its ingredients
  • Based on information from a study in patients with early breast cancer, women with a history of blockages in heart arteries (ischemic heart disease) who take ARIMIDEX may have a slight increase in this type of heart disease compared to similar patients who take tamoxifen
  • ARIMIDEX can cause bone softening/weakening (osteoporosis) increasing the chance of fractures. In a clinical study in early breast cancer, there were more fractures (including fractures of the spine, hip, and wrist) with ARIMIDEX (10%) than with tamoxifen (7%)
  • In a clinical study in early breast cancer, some patients taking ARIMIDEX had an increase in cholesterol. Skin reactions, allergic reactions, and changes in blood tests of liver function have also been reported
  • In the early breast cancer clinical trial, the most common side effects seen with ARIMIDEX include hot flashes, joint symptoms (including arthritis and arthralgia), weakness, mood changes, pain, back pain, sore throat, nausea and vomiting, rash, depression, high blood pressure, osteoporosis, fractures, swelling of arms/legs, insomnia, and headache
  • In advanced breast cancer trials, the most common side effects seen with ARIMIDEX versus tamoxifen include hot flashes, nausea, decreased energy and weakness, pain, back pain, headache, bone pain, increased cough, shortness of breath, sore throat, and swelling of arms and legs. Joint pain/stiffness has been reported in association with the use of ARIMIDEX

• ARIMIDEX should not be taken with tamoxifen or estrogen-containing therapies
-end-

Keep in mind that all patented pharmaceutical drugs are, by definition, not found in nature and are toxic to the body.

I think you'd be better off taking bio-identical progesterone and some aspirin and cleaning up your diet and reducing your toxin load. But I'm just a faceless, nameless poster on the internet. It's better to trust Ray Peat's wisdom and research progesterone, etc. for yourself.

I found these three audio interviews extremely helpful:
Here's a search engine to find Ray Peat's articles: PeatSearch: a Ray Peat-specific search engine - Toxinless Use the cell on the left. Search for Breast Cancer, Estrogen, progesterone, pregnenolone, aspirin, fats. You will find other search words as you read the articles.
Here's a search engine to find info via the audio shows: Bioenergetic Search

It is easier to reduce the body's toxin exposure in some locations in Texas than it is in others. There's a reason why all the big cancer centers are located in/near Houston. Sometimes the only way to reduce one's toxin load is to move. Another consideration other than oil refineries/chemical plants is nuclear power plants and prevailing winds.

Sorry for your trouble. I pray that you experience a full recovery quickly.

Last edited:
OP
J

joyintheworld

Estrogen is an ongoing issue; more is created if you have any inflammation. Anything that increases inflammation is considered estrogenic. Progesterone will help get it out of the tissues and a healthy liver will help dispose of it. But estrogen happens. Polyunsaturated fats are estrogenic so diet is extremely important.

What is Arimidex?​

Arimidex (anastrozole) lowers estrogen levels in postmenopausal women, which may slow the growth of certain types of breast tumors that need estrogen to grow in the body.

Arimidex is used to treat breast cancer in postmenopausal women.

Arimidex is often given to women whose cancer has progressed even after taking tamoxifen (Nolvadex, Soltamox).

Warnings​

Arimidex may decrease blood flow to your heart, especially if you have ever had coronary artery disease (clogged arteries). Seek medical attention if you have new or worsening chest pain, or if you feel short of breath.

Do not use anastrozole if you are pregnant. It could harm the unborn baby.

Arimidex may not work as well if you take it together with estrogen medication (such as hormone replacement therapy, estrogen creams, or birth control pills, injections, implants, skin patches, and vaginal rings).

Arimidex may increase your risk of a stroke or blood clot. Call your doctor at once if you have sudden numbness or weakness, (especially on one side of the body), sudden severe headache, slurred speech, or problems with vision or balance.

also this: ARIMIDEX

Important Safety Information About ARIMIDEX​

• Prescription ARIMIDEX is only for postmenopausal women. ARIMIDEX should not be taken if you are pregnant because it may harm your unborn child. Do not take ARIMIDEX if you are allergic to any of its ingredients
  • Based on information from a study in patients with early breast cancer, women with a history of blockages in heart arteries (ischemic heart disease) who take ARIMIDEX may have a slight increase in this type of heart disease compared to similar patients who take tamoxifen
  • ARIMIDEX can cause bone softening/weakening (osteoporosis) increasing the chance of fractures. In a clinical study in early breast cancer, there were more fractures (including fractures of the spine, hip, and wrist) with ARIMIDEX (10%) than with tamoxifen (7%)
  • In a clinical study in early breast cancer, some patients taking ARIMIDEX had an increase in cholesterol. Skin reactions, allergic reactions, and changes in blood tests of liver function have also been reported
  • In the early breast cancer clinical trial, the most common side effects seen with ARIMIDEX include hot flashes, joint symptoms (including arthritis and arthralgia), weakness, mood changes, pain, back pain, sore throat, nausea and vomiting, rash, depression, high blood pressure, osteoporosis, fractures, swelling of arms/legs, insomnia, and headache
  • In advanced breast cancer trials, the most common side effects seen with ARIMIDEX versus tamoxifen include hot flashes, nausea, decreased energy and weakness, pain, back pain, headache, bone pain, increased cough, shortness of breath, sore throat, and swelling of arms and legs. Joint pain/stiffness has been reported in association with the use of ARIMIDEX

• ARIMIDEX should not be taken with tamoxifen or estrogen-containing therapies
-end-

Keep in mind that all patented pharmaceutical drugs are, by definition, not found in nature and are toxic to the body.

I think you'd be better off taking bio-identical progesterone and some aspirin and cleaning up your diet and reducing your toxin load. But I'm just a faceless, nameless poster on the internet. It's better to trust Ray Peat's wisdom and research progesterone, etc. for yourself.

I found these three audio interviews extremely helpful:
Here's a search engine to find Ray Peat's articles: PeatSearch: a Ray Peat-specific search engine - Toxinless Use the cell on the left. Search for Breast Cancer, Estrogen, progesterone, pregnenolone, aspirin, fats. You will find other search words as you read the articles.
Here's a search engine to find info via the audio shows: Bioenergetic Search

It is easier to reduce the body's toxin exposure in some locations in Texas than it is in others. There's a reason why all the big cancer centers are located in/near Houston. Sometimes the only way to reduce one's toxin load is to move. Another consideration other than oil refineries/chemical plants is nuclear power plants and prevailing winds.

Sorry for your trouble. I pray that you experience a full recovery quickly.
Thanks for sending this. I eat no PUFAS...make all meals at home and count my macros ...all clean food. NO dairy, gluten or puma's and I only eat a little bit of meat like organic no hormones ground turkey 99% fat free like a few times a week. Get my protein from eggs, egg whites, and clean truvani protein powder. I do take 100 progesterone micronized each night but last few days bumped it up to 200. I've did lots of testing lately and my inflammation markers are almost non existent. If you could tell someone what they need to do to be healthy...that's me. I'm a nutritionist and previous gym owner. I don't drink and get plenty of sleep. However, I had tried keto and extensive fasting about 2 years ago for like 3-5 months and that totally created the high estrogen. I'm hypothyroid but my thryoid level are on point. FT3 is a 4.0 and FT4 is a 1.2. The arimadex and all the other work I've done has helped to get get me back to almost where I was. About 5 lbs away but I feel like the estrogen is stuck in my tissues mainly my legs. not sure how to get it out. I swear by arimadex and deathly afraid to stop it for fear I'll go back where I was before. I'll continue with the progesterone but unsure if I should take more than the 200 bioidential micronized each night? thoughts?

mostlylurking

Thanks for sending this. I eat no PUFAS...make all meals at home and count my macros ...all clean food. NO dairy, gluten or puma's and I only eat a little bit of meat like organic no hormones ground turkey 99% fat free like a few times a week. Get my protein from eggs, egg whites, and clean truvani protein powder.
I love dairy. Consume a lot of it. What's a "puma"? Ground turkey is high tryptophan which = high serotonin especially if you have an estrogen issue. Serotonin is not the "happy hormone". Egg whites are also high tryptophan so have the same issue as the turkey. see here: Serotonin: Effects in disease, aging and inflammation.
also this one: Tryptophan, serotonin, and aging
Then there's the Truvani:
71+n-YhcgUL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

This is not a good source for protein. It's got great hype though. This stuff is made from legumes and seeds. Sorry for my bluntness; I've followed Peat for 7 years; he saved my life. I would not let this product past my lips. Please consider this Peat article: Vegetables, etc.Who Defines Food?
also this one: Natural Estrogens a quote: "The various specific actions of the many estrogenic substances in beans and other legumes haven't been throughly studied, but there is evidence that they are also--like estrogen itself--both mutagenic and carcinogenic."
I do take 100 progesterone micronized each night but last few days bumped it up to 200. I've did lots of testing lately and my inflammation markers are almost non existent.
100 of what? 100mg? 100iu? 100mg of a product with some progesterone in it? How are you taking it?
If you could tell someone what they need to do to be healthy...that's me. I'm a nutritionist and previous gym owner. I don't drink and get plenty of sleep. However, I had tried keto and extensive fasting about 2 years ago for like 3-5 months and that totally created the high estrogen.
Not drinking and being able to sleep are good things. Being a nutritionist might not be a great thing; it depends on what you studied and what you believe and how open you are to new ideas/science.
I'm hypothyroid but my thryoid level are on point. FT3 is a 4.0 and FT4 is a 1.2.
Why do you say you are hypothyroid? Symptoms? Reverse T3? High TSH?
The arimadex and all the other work I've done has helped to get get me back to almost where I was. About 5 lbs away but I feel like the estrogen is stuck in my tissues mainly my legs. not sure how to get it out.
I'm not sure how to respond to this. 5 pounds away from what? Do you equate tissue bound estrogen with weight gain or extra volume in your legs? Do you have some edema? Are your ankles puffy?
I swear by arimadex and deathly afraid to stop it for fear I'll go back where I was before.
This is an emotion driven statement.
I'll continue with the progesterone but unsure if I should take more than the 200 bioidential micronized each night? thoughts?
I cannot tell what you are currently doing with the progesterone. 200 of what? 200mg? 200 mgs of a product of some kind that includes some progesterone? Can you please be more specific?

OP
J

joyintheworld

I love dairy. Consume a lot of it. What's a "puma"? Ground turkey is high tryptophan which = high serotonin especially if you have an estrogen issue. Serotonin is not the "happy hormone". Egg whites are also high tryptophan so have the same issue as the turkey. see here: Serotonin: Effects in disease, aging and inflammation.
also this one: Tryptophan, serotonin, and aging
Then there's the Truvani:
71+n-YhcgUL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

This is not a good source for protein. It's got great hype though. This stuff is made from legumes and seeds. Sorry for my bluntness; I've followed Peat for 7 years; he saved my life. I would not let this product past my lips. Please consider this Peat article: Vegetables, etc.Who Defines Food?
also this one: Natural Estrogens a quote: "The various specific actions of the many estrogenic substances in beans and other legumes haven't been throughly studied, but there is evidence that they are also--like estrogen itself--both mutagenic and carcinogenic."

100 of what? 100mg? 100iu? 100mg of a product with some progesterone in it? How are you taking it?

Not drinking and being able to sleep are good things. Being a nutritionist might not be a great thing; it depends on what you studied and what you believe and how open you are to new ideas/science.

Why do you say you are hypothyroid? Symptoms? Reverse T3? High TSH?

I'm not sure how to respond to this. 5 pounds away from what? Do you equate tissue bound estrogen with weight gain or extra volume in your legs? Do you have some edema? Are your ankles puffy?

This is an emotion driven statement.

I cannot tell what you are currently doing with the progesterone. 200 of what? 200mg? 200 mgs of a product of some kind that includes some progesterone? Can you please be more specific?
RT3 is 11 and TSH is non existent. no PUFAs. I don't get all my protein from powder. some chicken, some shrimp, some tuna just depends. 100mg of micronized capsules bioidentical progesterone. no edema. just more swollen in my thighs from extra estrogen. I do weight training and cardio. very balanced. not emotion driven.

mostlylurking

RT3 is 11 and TSH is non existent. no PUFAs. I don't get all my protein from powder. some chicken, some shrimp, some tuna just depends. 100mg of micronized capsules bioidentical progesterone. no edema. just more swollen in my thighs from extra estrogen. I do weight training and cardio. very balanced. not emotion driven.
are the progesterone capsules a prescription? Do you take any vitamine E? What is the normal range for RT3 on the test, is the 11 above the range? Do you have hypothyroid symptoms?

OP
J

joyintheworld

are the progesterone capsules a prescription? Do you take any vitamine E? What is the normal range for RT3 on the test, is the 11 above the range? Do you have hypothyroid symptoms?
Yea prescription. No 18 would be high for reverse. I’m good. No symptoms

Coderr

Have you ever researched Prunella vulgaris? It is said to lower estrogen.

OP
J

joyintheworld

I also have to disagree on this protein powder with you. It's super clean. Pea protein powder is still up for debate on the estrogenic effects it has. I had no issues while taking it 3 years ago. My issues started when I did fasting/keto for a short period of time. Also turning 43 and being extremely active probably had something to do with it..premenapause ...estrogen levels start to change as we get older.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals