Estrogen Dominant - Help

joyintheworld

I'm hypo but have my thryoid dialed in. FT3 of 3.9, FT4 of 1.2 and low TSH...I never even look at this. I've struggled with estrogen dominance after trying keto/fasting about 2 years ago. I stopped that about 1 1/2 years ago. Eat extremely clean, no PUFAs and balanced complex carbs etc. Anyway, I have estrogen dominance and recently went on both Arimadex and tamoxafin for 2 weeks. Tested my levels and my estrogen total serum went from 200's to 681 and a few days later at 1250. WHAT??? not okay. LOL but I was dropping weight. It freaked me out so I stopped the tamoxafin and have been taking arimadex 1mg a day and my estrogen total serum came down to 400 about 5 days ago. Got another test in hopes it came down more. I work out about 90 min in the am intense crossfit workouts, walk 2 miles a day and sauna here and there. My meds include T3 60 mcg, T4 125mcg. I take them on circadian ryhthm. I also take 100mcg of progesterone every night. ONe other call out is right after tamoxfin that I quite my progesterone shot up to 24 and I've never been able to get it above a 15 from all the labs I've done. Help...did the tamoxafin cause the spike in estrogen? Should I take it 2x a week or skip it all together and stay with arimadex. Thanks!

I'm hypo but have my thryoid dialed in. FT3 of 3.9, FT4 of 1.2 and low TSH...I never even look at this. I've struggled with estrogen dominance after trying keto/fasting about 2 years ago. I stopped that about 1 1/2 years ago. Eat extremely clean, no PUFAs and balanced complex carbs etc. Anyway, I have estrogen dominance and recently went on both Arimadex and tamoxafin for 2 weeks. Tested my levels and my estrogen total serum went from 200's to 681 and a few days later at 1250. WHAT??? not okay. LOL but I was dropping weight. It freaked me out so I stopped the tamoxafin and have been taking arimadex 1mg a day and my estrogen total serum came down to 400 about 5 days ago. Got another test in hopes it came down more. I work out about 90 min in the am intense crossfit workouts, walk 2 miles a day and sauna here and there. My meds include T3 60 mcg, T4 125mcg. I take them on circadian ryhthm. I also take 100mcg of progesterone every night. ONe other call out is right after tamoxfin that I quite my progesterone shot up to 24 and I've never been able to get it above a 15 from all the labs I've done. Help...did the tamoxafin cause the spike in estrogen? Should I take it 2x a week or skip it all together and stay with arimadex. Thanks!

RP talks A LOT about intense exercise being unhealthy for many reasons.

“Endotoxin (like intense physical activity) causes the estrogen concentration of the blood to rise.” -Ray Peat

“Histamine mimics estrogen’s effects on the uterus, and antihistamines block estrogen’s effects (Szego, 1965, Szego and Davis, 1967). Estrogen mimics the shock reaction. Stress, exercise, and toxins cause a rapid increase in estrogen. Males often have as much estrogen as females, especially when they are tired or sick. Estrogen increases the brain’s susceptibility to epileptic seizures, and recent research shows that it (and cortisol) promote the effects of the “excitotoxins,” which are increasingly implicated in degenerative brain diseases.” Ray Peat

mostlylurking

It seems that Tamoxifen is estrogenic. Peat mentions it several times in his articles. There's this:
"S. M. Hyder, et al., "Uterine expression of vascular endothelial growth factor is increased by estradiol and tamoxifen," Cancer Research 56(17), 3954-3960, 1996. ("These findings raise the possibility that estrogen and antiestrogen effects on uterine edema, proliferation, and tumor incidence may involve local increases in tissue VEGF production.")"

I used this search engine: PeatSearch: a Ray Peat-specific search engine - Toxinless, searched for "Tamoxifen" using the cell on the left; there are several articles that mention Tamoxifen.

That's a tiny dose of progesterone (100mcg); have you tried taking a higher dose? I was severely estrogen dominant for many years. I take about 40mg of progesterone daily which has helped me a lot.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals