Estrogen Dominance. Help

Mike Rees

Hi I wondered if anyone could help me please?

I have Hashimotos, take 3.25 grains of TR NDT.

I have been using ProgestE since Jan this year. I noticed an improvement in my well-being Well better than I was without it. I take about 2 pepper corns size drops 0800 and 2200.

Before I started on the ProgestE I developed breast cysts, I didn't notice the correlation between the cysts improving and eventually going. It took several weeks.

I have started on a Peatesque diet, not fully strict as I'm still finding my way.

This seems to have helped reduce collagen that is restricting my finger movement in both hands. I've read collegian and estrogen are on the carcinogenic matrix. I have raised PSA and have been called in for a biopsy on my prostate.

All my problems are estrogen based I guess? I have been a fanatical runner for 40 years. I cannot run now without feeling Hashimotos revenge.

I had a blood test this week and my estrogen was 184 with a Max reading 150.

I'm after advice or opinions on my situation. Would my blood level of estrogen be pretty high now that I'm taking ProgestE, I have read it releases the estrogen to be excreted by the liver and kidneys. So is the high level registered in my blood a good sign or not?

Interestingly I had a reoccurrence of a breast cyst that lasted a few days, I have also read that estrogen latches on and tries to do its thing where it can. I'm assuming it got a soft spot for my breast tissue and probably others sites, maybe my prostate too. It's probably already destroyed my thyroid gland.

56 year old male. I thank you for your interest.

Mike

DuggaDugga

Mike,

Testosterone and progesterone may be metabolized to estrogen, cortisol, and aldosterone, so it may be beneficial to consider whether you're experiencing stimuli that could move you along those pathways. To your point, increased plasma estrogen could be a sign it's being expelled from tissue. It could also be a sign that your liver is having a difficult time excreting it. It could be a lot of things.

steroidogenesis.gif

Aromatase converts testosterone to estrogen and is associated with many of the signs of aging experienced by males especially.

The Effect of Aromatase on the Reproductive Function of Obese Males.
The Effect of Aromatase on the Reproductive Function of Obese Males. - PubMed - NCBI

Adipose tissue increases the expression of aromatase. How is your adipose tissue: how much and where do you carry it?

Deconstructing the roles of glucocorticoids in adipose tissue biology and the development of central obesity
Deconstructing the roles of glucocorticoids in adipose tissue biology and the development of central obesity

Cortisol promote visceral fat deposition. Cortisol causes insulin resistance in certain tissues like the skeletal muscle. It's a bit of a vicious cycle once it gets going. How are your stress levels? Have you tried swapping out the running for controlled, aerobic, anabolic-stimulating exercise such as moderate weight lifting?

What's a typical day of eating look like for you? How's your sleep? Frequent waking?

Last edited:
OP
Mike Rees

Mike Rees

Divya, why thank you for the reply.

My fat deposits are low, always been skinny, my past life saw me addicted to exercise. Gym, yoga, long distance running. Interestingly if I do a 20 minute light 10-20kg weight session I generally get away with it. So too if I walk.

I would love to know if the blood level estrogen is detached. My stress levels are not too bad, although being asked to have a prostate biopsy this week has messed with my equilibrium.

In my running days and before Hashimotos struck me down I'd degenerated into a raw vegan in the pursuit of speed. I now know that was foolish.

Trouble is milk seems to get me very asthmatic.

I will read up on those hyperlinks.

Many thanks.

OP
Mike Rees

Mike Rees

Breakfast: buckwheat, blueberries, honey, Greek yogurt. 4 freshly squeezed Oranges. Filtered water. 0700

2 x Probiotics Biocare.
1.5 X Nutri Adrenal Extra.
1X HCL with pepsin.

Taken with breakfast.

1 drop ProgestE rubbed on forearm.

1.75 grains NDT at 1000.

3 or 4 cups of English breakfast tea.

Two raw organic carrots.

Fruits, grapes, apples, peaches, dates.

Lunch GF bread and cheese. I know this stuff is rubbish I'm trying to find a path to a better lunch.

Fruit teas in afternoon ginger and lemon.

Evening meals. Meat, potato, some brocholi or asparagus. Eggs, cheese. Organic meats. Need to find mail order grass fed supply.

I try to walk each week I've managed 12 miles and 1700 ft of climb in 4 hours.

Until I recently started on dairy I slept okay. Bed at 2200 with my last dose of NDT 1.5 grains and a final dab of ProgestE.

Sleep is disturbed, often high pulse but much better since taking ProgestE at bedtime. Always sleep better if I drink water in the evening always forget!!

I do eat some organic chocolate without any soy in it. Green and Blacks 85% coca.
I'm sure I've missed.

Been feeling rough as hell this week.

Peatful

For ur liver health, it looks as if u need to up ur protein.

My guess is u need more calories overall.

U have been running on cortisol for years.

What r ur temps? Pulse?
Are ur hands and feet warm?

Coffee helps the liver as well.
Drink some after meals with cream and sugar.

U will find plenty of help here...
But my gut feeling is to up ur nutrition...
With that, u will be able to back off the progesterone and NDT in time....

OP
Mike Rees

Mike Rees

Peatful, I think the NDT is going to be for life. Hashimotos is an autoimmune disease and much of my thyroid doesn't exist because of scaring and destruction caused by the diseases.

I probably have been living on my cortisol. I cannot take coffee I love it. Tried reintroducing with cream and sugar and I get symptoms that are similar to how I feel if I try to exercise.

It's like the worst hangover in the world with flu thrown in for good measure. Progesterone helps my adrenals and cortisol. Before taking the oil I would wake with a racing pulse and the shakes. It was rubbish.

In short, my pulse plummets, I feel like death this last for several days. My pulse is around 60-70 and I don't feel cold. In my running days it was low 40s to 50 BPM.

I've been trying to eat Hagen Dazs as Ray recommends it seems to help but I get asthmatic which wakes me up. I've kind of proved it by elemination.

When I first got diagnosed with Hashimotos it took me some time to establish a gluten free dairy free diet as that was the advice I was given. I'm back on dairy after 18 months after reading Peat. It's going to take a while to get a grip on it. I'm struggling with repertoire and variety it'll change. Just trying to minimise PUSFs. Thanks for you input.

OP
Mike Rees

Mike Rees

I've been struggling to find gelatine to eat after meals without gluten in. Haribo cannot guarantee 100% Gf.

DuggaDugga

Breakfast: buckwheat, blueberries, honey, Greek yogurt. 4 freshly squeezed Oranges. Filtered water. 0700

2 x Probiotics Biocare.
1.5 X Nutri Adrenal Extra.
1X HCL with pepsin.

Taken with breakfast.

1 drop ProgestE rubbed on forearm.

1.75 grains NDT at 1000.

3 or 4 cups of English breakfast tea.

Two raw organic carrots.

Fruits, grapes, apples, peaches, dates.

Lunch GF bread and cheese. I know this stuff is rubbish I'm trying to find a path to a better lunch.

Fruit teas in afternoon ginger and lemon.

Evening meals. Meat, potato, some brocholi or asparagus. Eggs, cheese. Organic meats. Need to find mail order grass fed supply.

I try to walk each week I've managed 12 miles and 1700 ft of climb in 4 hours.

Until I recently started on dairy I slept okay. Bed at 2200 with my last dose of NDT 1.5 grains and a final dab of ProgestE.

Sleep is disturbed, often high pulse but much better since taking ProgestE at bedtime. Always sleep better if I drink water in the evening always forget!!

I do eat some organic chocolate without any soy in it. Green and Blacks 85% coca.
I'm sure I've missed.

Been feeling rough as hell this week.

A few of the more salient things I've noticing:
  • The supplements: from what I've read, the science on the efficacy of probiotics is conflicting at best. It's only in recent years that the whole idea of promoting bacterial growth became popular. I'm not familiar with the Nutri Adrenal Extra, though any promotion adrenal activity may carry adverse effects. In general, you may benefit from dropping the supplements for a couple weeks and seeing what happens.
  • GF bread: check the ingredient list. Chris Masterjohn has a video on the potential repercussions of millet-based GF bread
  • Grains/potatoes/starches: this is a contentious topic. Might be worth avoiding them for a week or two and see what happens for you.
  • Calcium: looks like you're getting very little relative to the phosphates in your diet. This may be activating your parathryoid. If you're having difficultly tolerating dairy, you can make your own calcium supplement out of egg shells and/or eat well-cooked leafy greens like spinach.
  • Gelatin: your amino acid profile lacks glycine, especially if muscle meat is a regular part of your diet. You might try making your own pho broth as a tasty way to get it worked in. I have had good experience with the brand Vital Proteins. I make gelatin snack with it, add it to my banana pancakes, and sometimes just have a straight up spoonful of it along with a meal containing muscle meat.

fradon

Hi I wondered if anyone could help me please?

I have Hashimotos, take 3.25 grains of TR NDT.

I have been using ProgestE since Jan this year. I noticed an improvement in my well-being Well better than I was without it. I take about 2 pepper corns size drops 0800 and 2200.

Before I started on the ProgestE I developed breast cysts, I didn't notice the correlation between the cysts improving and eventually going. It took several weeks.

I have started on a Peatesque diet, not fully strict as I'm still finding my way.

This seems to have helped reduce collagen that is restricting my finger movement in both hands. I've read collegian and estrogen are on the carcinogenic matrix. I have raised PSA and have been called in for a biopsy on my prostate.

All my problems are estrogen based I guess? I have been a fanatical runner for 40 years. I cannot run now without feeling Hashimotos revenge.

I had a blood test this week and my estrogen was 184 with a Max reading 150.

I'm after advice or opinions on my situation. Would my blood level of estrogen be pretty high now that I'm taking ProgestE, I have read it releases the estrogen to be excreted by the liver and kidneys. So is the high level registered in my blood a good sign or not?

Interestingly I had a reoccurrence of a breast cyst that lasted a few days, I have also read that estrogen latches on and tries to do its thing where it can. I'm assuming it got a soft spot for my breast tissue and probably others sites, maybe my prostate too. It's probably already destroyed my thyroid gland.

56 year old male. I thank you for your interest.

Mike

your symptoms might be related to low Testosterone are you over weight.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals