Estrogen and Misogyny

J

j.

Ray Peat said:
The studies that show cancer prevention by progesterone have, over the years, failed to resonate in the medical culture. The confusion created by classifying the antiprogestational, carcinogenic synthetics as "progestins" is largely responsible for the failure to understand the protective nature of progesterone.

If the evidence showing that progesterone prevents or cures cancer could be weighed against the evidence purporting to show that it is carcinogenic, I think it would be clear that something like a cultural-commercial misogyny has been at work. The novelty of the newer misogyny is that it is so often led, or at least figureheaded by women.

Estrogen, progesterone, and cancer: Conflicts of interest in regulation and product promotion.

gretchen

Oh, this is most definitely true thanks to bio identical hormone proponents like Suzanne Somers. Bhrt is very trendy; a pharmacy opened in my area a few years ago. However, if you read meno forums, most don't do we'll on it.

Birdie

Yes, and I like his statement about, "If it got better it wasn't cancer." That's the attitude.

I often get Shingles outbreaks but know how to stop them from becoming a huge problem. I'm not saying they aren't horrible, but I get one tiny vesicle, not an entire back outbreak. So, my PA always says I didn't have Shingles. Cannot listen to anything outside his training.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Birdie said:
Yes, and I like his statement about, "If it got better it wasn't cancer." That's the attitude.

I often get Shingles outbreaks but know how to stop them from becoming a huge problem. I'm not saying they aren't horrible, but I get one tiny vesicle, not an entire back outbreak. So, my PA always says I didn't have Shingles. Cannot listen to anything outside his training.

Birdie, how do you stop it?

Birdie

Charlie said:
Birdie said:

Birdie, how do you stop it?
I use lysine, reduce aginine in my diet amap, mix up some oils that I apply OFTEN... Probably some other things that don't come to mind just now.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Ok thank you. I was just wondering because my parents sometimes have to deal with flare ups.

Birdie

Charlie said:
Ok thank you. I was just wondering because my parents sometimes have to deal with flare ups.
It's an absolutely horrible thing. I've read that the immunizations are possibly to blame for the huge numbers of people who how have shingles outbreaks. Something about parents and grandparents used to be exposed to children with chicken pox which would "immunize" them since they, themselves, had childhood chicken pox.
But, now, with the children getting vaccines for chicken pox, the adults don't get that benefit. And it is usually a minor disease. But there's money in them vaccines!

There are a whole lot of protocols using lysine and healing oils online. Your parents will know by now immediately when an outbreak begins. The pain is unmistakable. You just know. That's the time to act. Best to have your oils ready and the lysine on hand. Not everybody benefits from the same plan but they are all similar.

I feel for them. A friend of mine developed Bell's Palsy which his doc was related to his Shingles... Another had her vision effected. I know it can be serious.

gretchen

The amazing thing about Suzanne Somers is how her high estrogen AND progesterone regimen has taken off amongst people of all ages, who seek to reverse aging and re-establish hormonal "balance" through taking high doses of both hormones. Suzanne says this regimen, the Wiley Protocol, is "rythmic" and therefore doesn't cause cancer. She has certainly spearheaded a movement in which the fact that estrogen causes cancer is totally lost, which in a way certainly resonates with Peat's idea that women are the leaders in the the new era of misogynistic estrogen pushing.

Birdie

gretchen said:
The amazing thing about Suzanne Somers is how her high estrogen AND progesterone regimen has taken off amongst people of all ages, who seek to reverse aging and re-establish hormonal "balance" through taking high doses of both hormones. Suzanne says this regimen, the Wiley Protocol, is "rythmic" and therefore doesn't cause cancer. She has certainly spearheaded a movement in which the fact that estrogen causes cancer is totally lost, which in a way certainly resonates with Peat's idea that women are the leaders in the the new era of misogynistic estrogen pushing.
Yes, and I remember her photo on the cover of Life Extension Magazine. The whole of alternative medicine is excited over her conversion. She obviously believes what she says and is not intentionally a misogynist. But she'll do damage anyway.

gretchen

kettlebell said:
http://shop.suzannetv.com/p-608-renew-life-norwegian-gold-super-critical-omega-30-fish-gels.aspx

Sigh

Suzanne has made tremendous inroads in to the anti-aging medical world. She has tremendous influence. However, on forums I read, attitudes are divided- a lot are fans for life, but some question her views, not on the basis of knowing why her suggestions are wrong, but on the basis that wanting to maintain eternal youth is wrong. She displays her passion for "alternative medicine" in every interview she gives, always emphasizing her battle with cancer. Most are unable to distinguish between this apparent enthusiasm and the market/business driven motives, because she seems to be an agent of change. At least that is how it seems for those who are firmly on her team.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkYck496KeY

Hormones don't cause cancer! Estrogen doesn't cause cancer! You wannabe sexy? Get your hormones "balanced"......

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Wonder how many plastic surgeries she has had....

gretchen

Charlie said:
Wonder how many plastic surgeries she has had....

Yeah, can't have a Suzanne Somers discussion without bringing up the plastic surgery thing. :D In a way, it's really too bad her generation didn't get all the information available on the internet now. Otoh, it's kind of like Ray says, it has to do with the failure to absorb the scientific accomplishments of the last 100 years. This failure seems have had a broad effect culturally. Which is why we all need more MONEY LOL so we can BUY our way out of all our problems!! Plastic surgery and anti aging hormones for all.............

I actually followed Suzanne's work a few years ago. :? Sooooo much influence:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKXCswZuWgo

Bioidentical estrogen does not cause breast cancer etc.