Estrogen Activates Habitual Memory, Progesterone Spatial Memory

haidut

Forum Supporter
Estrogen seems to have very similar effects to serotonin on memory and behavior (as I posted about serotonin earlier this year). This study was human, so the results are even more relevant.

How women navigate depends on their menstrual cycles

"...We found that during the ovulatory phase when estrogen peaks, women tend to use response memory to solve the maze. Response memory is like basic habitual motor memory, such as turning right then left to get to work. However, when women are in the mid/late luteal phase of the cycle, just prior to menstruation when progesterone peaks and estrogen also rises again, they are more likely to use spatial memory. Spatial memory is what you’d use if you encountered a roadblock on your way to work, and had to mentally pull up a map of the neighborhood to think of an alternate route."

lvysaur

One of the biggest mental changes I've (male) noticed is a better ability to visualize things.

blackkzeus

One of the biggest mental changes I've (male) noticed is a better ability to visualize things.

Progesterone increased your ability to visualize? Do you think pregnenolone supplementation could do the same since its metabolized to progesterone?

Regina

Estrogen seems to have very similar effects to serotonin on memory and behavior (as I posted about serotonin earlier this year). This study was human, so the results are even more relevant.

How women navigate depends on their menstrual cycles

"...We found that during the ovulatory phase when estrogen peaks, women tend to use response memory to solve the maze. Response memory is like basic habitual motor memory, such as turning right then left to get to work. However, when women are in the mid/late luteal phase of the cycle, just prior to menstruation when progesterone peaks and estrogen also rises again, they are more likely to use spatial memory. Spatial memory is what you’d use if you encountered a roadblock on your way to work, and had to mentally pull up a map of the neighborhood to think of an alternate route."
Welcome to my world. Spatial memory only.

I call the other one "Karate Mind."

BobbyDukes

One interesting side effect of drastically reducing PUFAs in my diet, for me, has been becoming more ambidextrous. I do things freely now with my left hand. I can write with it. Playing soccer the other day (first time in a few years), I can now comfortably kick with my left foot (I was taking corners with it lol).

These things were always previously very uncomfortable.

Anyone else noticed this?

BastiFuntasty

One interesting side effect of drastically reducing PUFAs in my diet, for me, has been becoming more ambidextrous. I do things freely now with my left hand. I can write with it. Playing soccer the other day (first time in a few years), I can now comfortably kick with my left foot (I was taking corners with it lol).

These things were always previously very uncomfortable.

Anyone else noticed this?
Yep I'm actually able to pass or shoot with my left foot since I'm into peating and vitamin usage.
Before I could barely use it to run with the ball :lol: