Estradiol Transdermal Patches & Prometrium

Stunning4keke

i am very confused about everything and i hope i am doing the right things as i learn about these new ideas.

i am guessing that any extra estrogen is not a good thing so i did totally stop using the estradiol transdermal patches.
i tapered over a period of months and now completely off any form of estrogen.

is that a good thing for my body? i was put on the bio identical because my estrogen levels were very low. is it a good thing that i am off these bio identical?

i am still taking the prometrium (progesterone) and was wondering about that too as i cannot take the progest+E right now as it makes me nauseous. probably due to my liver right now but i have hopes that i will be able to only use the progest+E at some point. but for now i am still using the bio identical prometrium.

does anyone have any answers for me? thank you!

by the way, the prometrium is made up of this:

PROMETRIUM (progesterone, USP) Capsules contain micronized progesterone for oral administration. Progesterone has a molecular weight of 314.47 and a molecular formula of C21H30O2. Progesterone (pregn-4-ene-3, 20-dione) is a white or creamy white, odorless, crystalline powder practically insoluble in water, soluble in alcohol, acetone and dioxane and sparingly soluble in vegetable oils, stable in air, melting between 126° and 131°C. The structural formula is:

PROMETRIUM® (progesterone, USP) Structural Formula Illustration

Progesterone is synthesized from a starting material from a plant source and is chemically identical to progesterone of human ovarian origin. PROMETRIUM Capsules are available in multiple strengths to afford dosage flexibility for optimum management. PROMETRIUM Capsules contain 100 mg or 200 mg micronized progesterone.

The inactive ingredients for PROMETRIUM Capsules 100 mg include: peanut oil NF, gelatin NF, glycerin USP, lecithin NF, titanium dioxide USP, D&C Yellow No. 10, and FD&C Red No. 40.

The inactive ingredients for PROMETRIUM Capsules 200 mg include: peanut oil NF, gelatin NF, glycerin USP, lecithin NF, titanium dioxide USP, D&C Yellow No. 10, and FD&C Yellow No. 6.

OP
Stunning4keke

Stunning4keke

i really hope someone can reply and let me know at least if getting off the estradiol patches is a good thing and that i am on the right track here?
thanks!

nwo2012

Yes it's a very good thing. Low estrogen levels are rather unlikely in this day and age due to all the exposure to environmental estrogens and xenoestrogens.

I say take tiny amounts of progest-e rather than the prometrium which is loaded with nasty excipients (peanut oil = PUFA, soy = PUFA+estrogenic, the colours are probably toxic and the titanium questionable.

4peatssake

nwo2012 said:
Yes it's a very good thing. Low estrogen levels are rather unlikely in this day and age due to all the exposure to environmental estrogens and xenoestrogens.

I say take tiny amounts of progest-e rather than the prometrium which is loaded with nasty excipients (peanut oil = PUFA, soy = PUFA+estrogenic, the colours are probably toxic and the titanium questionable.

Further to nwo2012's great feedback, I just came across this quote by Ray.

I don't use any product containing fumed or colloidal silica, or titanium, or various novel polymers, or coloring agents

OP
Stunning4keke

Stunning4keke

thank you! i did also ask Ray Peat and here is his reply: but first, why did my blood test come back that i had low estrogen? and also how can the body start making it's own progesterone?

here is his reply:

"There are lots of articles on my website about estrogen. Carla Rothenberg and Barbara Seaman have written some very good things about the fraud involved in the origin of "HRT," or "estrogen replacement." The article on tissue bound estrogen on my site explains that, when progesterone is deficient, estrogen may be produced in many tissues other than the ovaries, without being released into the blood stream, making its measurement in the serum meaningless. Signs that are commonly said to be from estrogen deficiency are often from estrogen excess.
The ingredients titanium dioxide, D&C Yellow No. 10, and FD&C Yellow No. 6 aren't things that I consider safe"