"Essential" Hypertension And Appreciating It For What It Really Is

LLight

I'd have to look more into oxytocin and the underlying mechanism of why a dry fast would raise oxytocin levels.
I attached two publications that discuss dehydration and the following production of oxytocin.

Indeed, I believe that oxytocin has been considered as a female hormone at first, but it seems to have a lot of different roles in the body (see e.g., the connexion with autism, the cardiovascular system, cancer, etc.).

After reading Cirion's post, I agree with him that fasting (not particularly dry) has the ability to drop blood pressure in itself.

Attachments

• 5470.full.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 4
  • pruimboom2016.pdf
    273.2 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

Ella

Forum Supporter
Could it be the increased calcium intake from drinking more milk? Or was it the effect of fasting this morning?
@yerrag fasting for you is not the answer, it will make hypertension worse. I recall you are not a heavy/weighty man. Correct me if I am wrong. Thus your reserves for fasting are not good and will keep adrenaline high. If you understand the role adrenaline plays, then you should be able to knock down your blood pressure in no time.

Forget all this rubbish about supplementation. It ain't ever going to work. You may convince your brain but your body is not stupid. Give it what it needs and it will be able to regulate blood pressure with ease. Milk is a whole food and a high quality protein. It is up there on the higher echelons of quality protein. It is also rich in minerals and much more. Of course your body is going to rejoice, finally you have given it something it can work with. However, is it enough? No my man. You are renovating, so I assume you are engaging in some sort of muscle work??? Unless you are fortunate to employ cheap labour to do the work in your part of the world.
How many grams of good quality protein are you eating in one meal sitting? Let's focus on breakfast because when it comes to blood pressure; early morning will be sky high from overnight fasting (am I right??), especially if you have bad liver which is not storing glycogen.
Tell me type of protein, grams of protein for breakfast meal plus what else you eat with this meal and at what time you eat it.
Let me know your albumin and globulin results if you have these.

OP
yerrag

yerrag

I attached two publications that discuss dehydration and the following production of oxytocin.

Indeed, I believe that oxytocin has been considered as a female hormone at first, but it seems to have a lot of different roles in the body (see e.g., the connexion with autism, the cardiovascular system, cancer, etc.).

After reading Cirion's post, I agree with him that fasting (not particularly dry) has the ability to drop blood pressure in itself.

Thanks LLight! I can see now how hypernatremia can induce lower stress hormones such as renin and cortisol but increase oxytocin and vasopressin, oxytocin to make the subject more social and relaxed, and vasopressin to limit water excretion and thus conserve it. I suppose for this reason dry fasting would be better than wet fasting. When I wake up in the morning, I would feel thirsty and I would drink plenty of water. But if I held off on that until noon, it might help lower my blood pressure, but this would be a counter-intuitive approach to it as one would think that drinking to satisfy thirst would relieve the hypernatremia. I suppose we're still hardwired to our caveman roots where we don't always have ready access to water, and we're conditioned to benefit from slight periods of hypernatremia - to prepare us to be social going to the watering hole, so that we can satisfy our thirst and restore water balance in our body.

I could try intermittent dry fasting and see how it goes. If it works, this can be a lifestyle change but this is still merely a workaround to my problem with high blood pressure. But it's also good to know that drinking water like mad, as popular culture would encourage, isn't necessarily going to help us improve our well-being. My Russian friend Leo was right. He was having none of the drink eight glasses of water daily stuff, and he only drinks when he's thirsty. But wait, he's not so right either. Now, I can go for a morning of being thirsty, and then relieving that thirst later in the day.

On the other hand, could it be that I'm low in oxytocin? I was worried not long ago that I was low in vasopressin since I would wake up often at night to pee. But I stopped looking into this when the problem got solved when I started sleeping in a corner room of the house that's outside the reach of WiFi and DECT cordless phone signals. I suppose low vasopressin and low oxytocin go hand in hand, as they're both hormones released by the posterior pituitary gland. I'm still using WiFI and cordless phones during the day. I don't know if being free from WiFi and DECT signals would be part of the solution, but for the near future I won't be able to find out.

@yerrag fasting for you is not the answer, it will make hypertension worse. I recall you are not a heavy/weighty man. Correct me if I am wrong. Thus your reserves for fasting are not good and will keep adrenaline high. If you understand the role adrenaline plays, then you should be able to knock down your blood pressure in no time.

Forget all this rubbish about supplementation. It ain't ever going to work. You may convince your brain but your body is not stupid. Give it what it needs and it will be able to regulate blood pressure with ease. Milk is a whole food and a high quality protein. It is up there on the higher echelons of quality protein. It is also rich in minerals and much more. Of course your body is going to rejoice, finally you have given it something it can work with. However, is it enough? No my man. You are renovating, so I assume you are engaging in some sort of muscle work??? Unless you are fortunate to employ cheap labour to do the work in your part of the world.
How many grams of good quality protein are you eating in one meal sitting? Let's focus on breakfast because when it comes to blood pressure; early morning will be sky high from overnight fasting (am I right??), especially if you have bad liver which is not storing glycogen.
Tell me type of protein, grams of protein for breakfast meal plus what else you eat with this meal and at what time you eat it.
Let me know your albumin and globulin results if you have these.
I agree with you that fasting isn't the answer long-term. As far as reserves for fasting goes, you're right in saying that prolonged fasting would not work, as I'm not muscle-bound and would not have the protein reserves to power me through a prolonged fast. But for a day or two, it would be fine since I have good glycogen stores. At least that's what I believe. On a day of dry fasting, my blood sugar stabilizes at 75. But I still feel a little off, so maybe if it stabilizes at 85 I would feel better.

I'm not doing much supplementation these days as I've come to see all the supplementation being a distraction and it kinda feels like having a buffet of supplements. I rather just eat well and be mindful I'm getting enough nutrition. I agree with your endorsement of milk. It provides plenty of calcium, as well as good protein. I think that with enough dietary calcium, my stress levels would be lower as PTH and calcitriol would be low when enough calcium is supplied from food. I increase 1 glass of milk each day but I'll increase it to two. I eat plenty of well-cooked green leaves and have about 250mg of calcium in the form of eggshell powder daily. That should help, but I don't really think that my high blood pressure can be entirely accounted for by dietary calcium deficiency.

As far as the renovation goes, you have a good memory Ella. I'm still going on with it, but I have help here so my work is more on planning and buying supplies and sometimes problem solving. It's more mental than physical.

My liver is fine. I had a liver panel recently and was surprised values are in optimal range. I still wish though that SGOT and SGPT would be lower, as both are at around 30. For a long time I've struggled with my glycogen reserves but I can go a whole day without eating and I'm fine. I don't really keep detailed track of my protein intake but for me it's sufficient. Breakfast is always an egg, with either a strip of strip loin, or fried dried anchovies, or sweet potatoes with butter and sugar. Lunch is rice and cooked green leaves, with either air-fryed chicken or pork chop, or fried pork ears with nape meat (called sisig in Tagalog), or a beef or pork rib soup. If it's not soup, I have a side of soup that has beef/pork tendons or beef/pork skin for gelatin. I also have Korean chicken feet at times. On occasions, I'll have mussels also. Dinner is about the same as lunch. I have either fresh fruit juice or fresh vegetable during in the afternoon. At night, I have a glass of milk with coconut milk and sugar mixed in. I don't weigh these at all, just because it's too troublesome as I've done it before long ago and I found my portions are adequate. I mean, the rest of the world isn't as fanatic as needing to weigh what they eat, and they're fine. Ask the Masai and you'll draw a blank.

Feb 6:
Albumin - 46.61 g/L
Globulin- 28.73

Feb 11:
Albumin - 42.36

Just don't know why my albumin values from the same lab would vary so much is a span of days. But I think the lower one is more reflective of the actual.

TreasureVibe

About my earlier post in here about chiropractic treatment, it was specifically about Atlas realignment that showed blood pressure reduction. This is a very specific bone that sits beneath your head.

Since it is unclear to me your body is free of toxic heavy metals, I recommend Modified Citrus Pectin for chelation which is very safe and has no known serious side effects.

I also recommend Hawthorn berries and leaves combined as per this herbalist which says it is completely safe and heart healthy and every person suffering from hypertension should take it:

"Start with Hawthorn

Whilst treating the cause and curing your high blood pressure, anyone should take Hawthorn leaf and/or berries every day for as long as needed because

1) Hawthorn is an extremely safe herb that can be taken by any person, no matter what other medications they may be on, or what other health conditions they may have

2) Hawthorn usually has a significant blood pressure lowering effect itself, but an even greater benefit is in the way it strengthens and protects the heart; more about this great 'friend to the heart' here

Hawthorn leaf & berry, both are beneficial and can be used together

This herbalist also recommends the following 3 herbs which seem very reasonable to use too:

Hypertension herbs

Anyone with high blood pressure can benefit from Hawthorn and, particularly if tension is a key part of the problem, there will also be much benefit in using those herbal medicines that relax the body without sedating the mind; 3 good examples include:

Motherwort relieves tension in the heart, more here
Skullcap calms an overactive mind, more here
Cramp bark releases tension in the muscles, more here

Source: Richard Whelan ~ Medical Herbalist

Along with Hawthorn berries and leaves, Motherwort or Lion's Tail as it is also called, sounds very good for high blood pressure. I've heard another certified herbalist also recommend Motherwort for high blood pressure.

The "here" links mentioned in the text above can be found on the website through the link above.

Per Ray Peat, my mother who suffered from chronic hypertension for years took 2000mg of dietary calcium daily by taking half a teaspoon to 1 teaspoon of eggshell calcium daily. Her blood pressure lowered and stayed more stable and much less fluctuating ever since. Ray Peat also recommends high dose of vitamin K for high blood pressure.

Just maybe using the herb called Cleavers for flushing out the lymphatic system could also help fluid circulation and hypertension. There was a study that showed Cleavers lowered blood pressure as well. Cleavers is a safe herb with no side effects. This will also help detoxify anything that's in the body and sitting in the lymphatic system. I used it and it made me feel great till this day. My mother also used it and also felt better. We used a high quality alcohol free tincture by the brand Nature's Answer.

Also, if all of the above has been tried, yet still no results, check if there's any gut infection or bloating and if you suffer from varicose veins. If so, you have to take something to kill off the pathogens in the gut like Wormwood to remove any pressure in the pelvis that could be compressing veins and arteries that run there.

More about that can be read about here:
Richard Whelan ~ Medical Herbalist

Liver sluggishness should also be ruled out. Cleavers, maybe Wormwood, and specific liver healthy herbs that can be found on the herbalist's website above should be used for this. I've read that the herbalist above is really enthousiastic about a herb called Celandine for liver health. More can be read about Liver health and recommended herbs, and Celandine in the following 2 links:

Richard Whelan ~ Medical Herbalist ~ Lymph nodes swollen
Richard Whelan ~ Medical Herbalist ~ Celandine

If you suspect any other organs or condition to be the cause, like the kidneys, you can find an article on the organ or condition with recommended herbs and treatment on the following page:
Richard Whelan ~ Medical Herbalist ~ Conditions Treated A-Z
Article on kidneys:

As a last note, for any of the above herbs, organic or even better wildcrafted would have superior quality and effect over conventional grown. Look for either organic, certified organic or wildcrafted!

Good luck.

Last edited by a moderator:

TreasureVibe

There is also multiple studies including this study which shows that grounding your bed that you sleep in will reduce and normalize cortisol:

The biologic effects of grounding the human body during sleep as measured by cortisol levels and subjective reporting of sleep, pain, and stress. - PubMed - NCBI

CONCLUSIONS: Results indicate that grounding the human body to earth ("earthing") during sleep reduces night-time levels of cortisol and resynchronizes cortisol hormone secretion more in alignment with the natural 24-hour circadian rhythm profile. Changes were most apparent in females. Furthermore, subjective reporting indicates that grounding the human body to earth during sleep improves sleep and reduces pain and stress.

Tutorials on how to ground your bed using metal wires can be found on youtube and is really easy to do yourself. You can also ground outside by standing on earth that is in direct connection with the earth crust with bare feet. You'll have to stand there for a while though.

Trauma Release Exercise (TRE) therapy developed by a doctor with a PhD, which simply involves fatiguing inner core muscles in order to release stress and trauma stored in them by an involuntary shaking, through exercise could also be beneficial. More about TRE therapy can be found on youtube and Google.

Aswagandha is also a very relaxing adaptogenic herb which helped me and my mother feel much more relaxed as well. It lowers stress hormones.

OP
yerrag

yerrag

About my earlier post in here about chiropractic treatment, it was specifically about Atlas realignment that showed blood pressure reduction. This is a very specific bone that sits beneath your head.

Since it is unclear to me your body is free of toxic heavy metals, I recommend Modified Citrus Pectin for chelation which is very safe and has no known serious side effects.

I also recommend Hawthorn berries and leaves combined as per this herbalist which says it is completely safe and heart healthy and every person suffering from hypertension should take it:

"Start with Hawthorn

Whilst treating the cause and curing your high blood pressure, anyone should take Hawthorn leaf and/or berries every day for as long as needed because

1) Hawthorn is an extremely safe herb that can be taken by any person, no matter what other medications they may be on, or what other health conditions they may have

2) Hawthorn usually has a significant blood pressure lowering effect itself, but an even greater benefit is in the way it strengthens and protects the heart; more about this great 'friend to the heart' here

Hawthorn leaf & berry, both are beneficial and can be used together

This herbalist also recommends the following 3 herbs which seem very reasonable to use too:

Hypertension herbs

Anyone with high blood pressure can benefit from Hawthorn and, particularly if tension is a key part of the problem, there will also be much benefit in using those herbal medicines that relax the body without sedating the mind; 3 good examples include:

Motherwort relieves tension in the heart, more here
Skullcap calms an overactive mind, more here
Cramp bark releases tension in the muscles, more here

Source: Richard Whelan ~ Medical Herbalist

Along with Hawthorn berries and leaves, Motherwort or Lion's Tail as it is also called, sounds very good for high blood pressure. I've heard another certified herbalist also recommend Motherwort for high blood pressure.

The "here" links mentioned in the text above can be found on the website through the link above.

Per Ray Peat, my mother who suffered from chronic hypertension for years took 2000mg of dietary calcium daily by taking half a teaspoon to 1 teaspoon of eggshell calcium daily. Her blood pressure lowered and stayed more stable and much less fluctuating ever since. Ray Peat also recommends high dose of vitamin K for high blood pressure.

Just maybe using the herb called Cleavers for flushing out the lymphatic system could also help fluid circulation and hypertension. There was a study that showed Cleavers lowered blood pressure as well. Cleavers is a safe herb with no side effects. This will also help detoxify anything that's in the body and sitting in the lymphatic system. I used it and it made me feel great till this day. My mother also used it and also felt better. We used a high quality alcohol free tincture by the brand Nature's Answer.

Also, if all of the above has been tried, yet still no results, check if there's any gut infection or bloating and if you suffer from varicose veins. If so, you have to take something to kill off the pathogens in the gut like Wormwood to remove any pressure in the pelvis that could be compressing veins and arteries that run there.

More about that can be read about here:

Liver sluggishness should also be ruled out. Cleavers, maybe Wormwood, and specific liver healthy herbs that can be found on the herbalist's website above should be used for this. I've read that the herbalist above is really enthousiastic about a herb called Celandine for liver health. More can be read about Liver health and recommended herbs, and Celandine in the following 2 links:

Richard Whelan ~ Medical Herbalist ~ Lymph nodes swollen
Richard Whelan ~ Medical Herbalist ~ Celandine

If you suspect any other organs or condition to be the cause, like the kidneys, you can find an article on the organ or condition with recommended herbs and treatment on the following page:
Richard Whelan ~ Medical Herbalist ~ Conditions Treated A-Z
Article on kidneys:

As a last note, for any of the above herbs, organic or even better wildcrafted would have superior quality and effect over conventional grown. Look for either organic, certified organic or wildcrafted!

Good luck.

There is also multiple studies including this study which shows that grounding your bed that you sleep in will reduce and normalize cortisol:

The biologic effects of grounding the human body during sleep as measured by cortisol levels and subjective reporting of sleep, pain, and stress. - PubMed - NCBI

CONCLUSIONS: Results indicate that grounding the human body to earth ("earthing") during sleep reduces night-time levels of cortisol and resynchronizes cortisol hormone secretion more in alignment with the natural 24-hour circadian rhythm profile. Changes were most apparent in females. Furthermore, subjective reporting indicates that grounding the human body to earth during sleep improves sleep and reduces pain and stress.

Tutorials on how to ground your bed using metal wires can be found on youtube and is really easy to do yourself. You can also ground outside by standing on earth that is in direct connection with the earth crust with bare feet. You'll have to stand there for a while though.

Trauma Release Exercise (TRE) therapy developed by a doctor with a PhD, which simply involves fatiguing inner core muscles in order to release stress and trauma stored in them by an involuntary shaking, through exercise could also be beneficial. More about TRE therapy can be found on youtube and Google.

Aswagandha is also a very relaxing adaptogenic herb which helped me and my mother feel much more relaxed as well. It lowers stress hormones.

I used to eat hawthorne flakes and preserved berries a lot when I was little. In fact, hawthorne flakes were my favorite candy. I couldn't get them fresh though, as they're from China and comes here either as haw flakes or preserved berries. I don't know if it makes sense for me to eat lots of the preserved fruit. It's preserved in sugar, but since sugar is good for us Peaters, it shouldn't be a problem, would it? I may take a trip downtown to Chinatown and buy a few kilos of it today.

It would be a good complement to the proeolytic enzymes (ZymEssence) as in Dr. Wong's website he's selling hawthorne to go along with the enzyme for heart-related problems.

As for the heavy metals, I'm not sure if it's actually causing my high blood pressure now. I was focused on removing lead from my system earlier, but after having tried a popular brand called PectaClear for its modified citrus pectin for a good stretch of time, I wasn't seeing any progress at all. It's either not effective (which I doubt) or it's because heavy metal toxicity isn't a significant cause of my high blood pressure. Since then, I've approached my bp problem differently, and have made progress, having reduced my blood pressure from 240/140 to 180/120 using magnesium and vitamin c supplementation.

But I couldn't get any more progress, so I've switched gears and have decided to attack the problem from another perspective, that of the idea that my capillaries are clogged with plaque. And I see this as not just a kidney issue, but a general circulatory issue. The kidney issue is evident from the urine ACR (albumin creatinine ratio) marker, so it gets to be classified as a kidney issue. But this to me is simply the canary in a coal mine. I'm stage 1 CKD (chronic kidney disease) but I'm also stage 1 on other organs as well, I believe. My hair is thinning, and the scalp can be seen underneath - stage 1 on the way to baldness. My penile ability is there, but endurance isn't there - stage 1 on the way to flaccidity. And what about my liver- my cholesterol and triglycerides are high, and SGOT/SGPT enzymes barely above optimal values - stage 1 towards kidney disease maybe?

I would have to look more into the herbs as they could be helpful, but more as role players than the main actor, the main actor being a set of supplements that would contribute to lysing away the plaque in the capillaries across the vascular system: proteolytic enzymes to lyse plaque, magnesium and b6 and vitamin k2 to decalcify the intima in the capillaries, cyclodextrin to help macrophages eat away the cholesteryl esters that form the plaque (although I'm at a loss what cyclodextrixs to use, as they're not really that common and I may have to make a topical cyclodextrin or hope @haidut makes one), and antibiotic action to destroy biofilms that may still be present in the plaque linings. This is what I feel would be the main driver of my healing, and as the healing progresses, herbs would provide the needed boost. And then I'll begin to use the herbs.

The past two days I've also been trying to increase my blood pressure by taking supplements that would boost my heart rate and metabolism. So I'm taking more progesterone, and drinking more coffee, and taking niacinamide. I feel that suppressing my blood pressure will just have the effect of depriving my capillaries the needed supplements (enzymes etc.) that remove plaque from them. So, I'm taking this counter-intuitive approach now.

OP
yerrag

yerrag

Maybe intermittent dry fasting would suit you more? Some people seem to do it and not suffer from it. They even claim that it's easier than (intermittent) water fasting.

I think that dry fasting can increase oxytocin, which I believe is known to decrease blood pressure. Do you think it could be an explanation to your observations?
I was just reading up on the Randle cycle. I read that during the fasting state, "the activation of lipolysis provides fatty acids as the preferred fuel source for respiration (Randle cycle - Wikipedia). It also leads to a glucose-sparing effect.

Could it be that the glucose-sparing effect is key to the lowered blood pressure I experienced during the fast? If glucose is spared, there would be less need for oxygen for metabolizing sugar. Assuming it were the case that my glomerular capillaries are clogged with plaque, my supply of oxygen in these capillaries would be limited. Not having to metabolize sugar spares the kidney tissues from resorting to anaerobic glycolysis when conditions turn hypoxic, and this would keep lactic acid from being produced. The lowered lactic acid levels would aid in uric acid excretion through urine (as lactic acid inhibits uric acid excretion)

Could lower acidity- lower lactic acid as well as lower uric acid - contribute to increase NO levels, and improve vasodilation?

@Hans what do you think of this?

Hans

Forum Supporter
I was just reading up on the Randle cycle. I read that during the fasting state, "the activation of lipolysis provides fatty acids as the preferred fuel source for respiration (Randle cycle - Wikipedia). It also leads to a glucose-sparing effect.

Could it be that the glucose-sparing effect is key to the lowered blood pressure I experienced during the fast? If glucose is spared, there would be less need for oxygen for metabolizing sugar. Assuming it were the case that my glomerular capillaries are clogged with plaque, my supply of oxygen in these capillaries would be limited. Not having to metabolize sugar spares the kidney tissues from resorting to anaerobic glycolysis when conditions turn hypoxic, and this would keep lactic acid from being produced. The lowered lactic acid levels would aid in uric acid excretion through urine (as lactic acid inhibits uric acid excretion)

Could lower acidity- lower lactic acid as well as lower uric acid - contribute to increase NO levels, and improve vasodilation?

@Hans what do you think of this?
By lowering carbs you will lower oxygen requirements and lactate but I don't think this will reverse the condition. It's just avoiding the problem. Ketone bodies also inhibit uric acid excretion. Sorry if you have answered this before, but have you tested your CO2? You reported that you're insulin sensitive indicated by normal fasting glucose, so if that is normal, but your lactate is elevated, the glucose might have an issue getting into the mitochondria. But if your CO2 is normal but you still have elevated lactate, either your glycolysis is running to fast or only specific tissue is creating too much lactate.
If your CO2 is normal then it might not help to take supplements to force more pyruvate into the mitochondria, although it might not hurt to try.
Have you tested your bicarb levels? Urine pH levels? Have you tried high dose B1 supplementation?

Cross-sectional analysis of nutrition and serum uric acid in two Caucasian cohorts: the AusDiab Study and the Tromsø study
" lower levels of SUA were found in subjects with higher consumption of carbohydrates, calcium and vitamin B2, while higher fat intake was associated with higher SUA"

OP
yerrag

yerrag

By lowering carbs you will lower oxygen requirements and lactate but I don't think this will reverse the condition. It's just avoiding the problem. Ketone bodies also inhibit uric acid excretion. Sorry if you have answered this before, but have you tested your CO2? You reported that you're insulin sensitive indicated by normal fasting glucose, so if that is normal, but your lactate is elevated, the glucose might have an issue getting into the mitochondria. But if your CO2 is normal but you still have elevated lactate, either your glycolysis is running to fast or only specific tissue is creating too much lactate.
If your CO2 is normal then it might not help to take supplements to force more pyruvate into the mitochondria, although it might not hurt to try.
Have you tested your bicarb levels? Urine pH levels? Have you tried high dose B1 supplementation?

Cross-sectional analysis of nutrition and serum uric acid in two Caucasian cohorts: the AusDiab Study and the Tromsø study
" lower levels of SUA were found in subjects with higher consumption of carbohydrates, calcium and vitamin B2, while higher fat intake was associated with higher SUA"
I had not been clear enough on my condition as far as lactate goes, and I apologize. My serum lactate tested very low, so my problem with lactic acid seems to be limited to my kidneys only. I suspect that any lactic acid produced in the kidneys (arising from hypoxia in the kidneys) quickly get excreted in urine and just don't get back to general circulation, and this could explain low serum lactate. This could explain why I have slightly high LDH (just above range) as it's the enzyme for anaerobic glycolysis - as there's this process going on, but limited to the kidneys. And this explains also why my serum uric acid levels are high (still normal but on the high side) because its excretion through urine is inhibited by the lactic acid being excreted in its place.

As far as CO2 goes, my venous CO2 levels (actually bicarbonate) are high, and my urine pH does not go lower than 5.5 any time during the day. This helps keep the uric acid from crystalizing and causing arthritis. But mostly my urine pH ranges from 5.5 to 6.8 during the day.

I've tried b1 supplementation to as much as 100mg/day but it has no noticeable effect. I think it's because the lactic acid generated from hypoxia in the kidneys just gets excreted quickly. Not being in general circulation, there's no opportunity for vitamin b1 to make itself felt in converting the lactate to pyruvate.

I'm trying to figure out why towards the end of a day of dry fasting, my high blood pressure would take a dive. If it's because there was a vasodilatory effect due to nitric oxide somehow becoming available, I'm curious as to what the mechanism involved is.

LLight

I'm trying to figure out why towards the end of a day of dry fasting, my high blood pressure would take a dive. If it's because there was a vasodilatory effect due to nitric oxide somehow becoming available, I'm curious as to what the mechanism involved is.

Sorry, I don't know the mechanism.
However, I've seen multiple reports of lowered blood pressure with carb restriction/ketosis/fasting (Medically supervised water-only fasting in the treatment of hypertension. - PubMed - NCBI, Middle and Long-Term Impact of a Very Low-Carbohydrate Ketogenic Diet on Cardiometabolic Factors: A Multi-Center, Cross-Sectional, Clinical Study), so that should not really be specific to your personal situation.

Additionally, these interventions should decrease insulin rather powerfully, which has an impact on salt metabolism in the kidney (Natriuresis - Wikipedia, https://blog.virtahealth.com/sodium-nutritional-ketosis-keto-flu-adrenal-function/).

"With adaptation to nutritional ketosis over a number of weeks, many basic functions of the body undergo profound changes: [...]
  1. The kidneys switch from retaining sodium to rapidly excreting it (Spark 1975). This carries the cumbersome medical name ‘natriuresis of fasting,’ but its real name is normal sodium metabolism with nutritional ketosis.
For those of us who are prone to retain sodium (e.g., causing bloating, high blood pressure, congestive heart failure, edema/ankle swelling), this accelerated sodium excretion with nutritional ketosis is a blessing. But once any excess sodium and water have been cleared from the body in the first few weeks of a ketogenic diet, a new balance of sodium intake to sodium excretion then has to occur so that adequate blood circulation (aka , circulating volume) can be maintained."

Last edited:

Ron J

@yerrag
Perhaps you can get many of the benefits of fasting by consuming easy to digest carbs(fruit juice and/or potato juice) and BCAA's with Gelatin, instead of milk or meat as protein. For the anti-serotonin effects of fasting, the BCAA's might be enough, although you can add other anti-serotonin drugs. For the endotoxin reduction from not having to digest food during the fast, there are several options mentioned in RPF.

OP
yerrag

yerrag

Sorry, I don't know the mechanism.
However, I've seen multiple reports of lowered blood pressure with carb restriction/ketosis/fasting (Medically supervised water-only fasting in the treatment of hypertension. - PubMed - NCBI, Middle and Long-Term Impact of a Very Low-Carbohydrate Ketogenic Diet on Cardiometabolic Factors: A Multi-Center, Cross-Sectional, Clinical Study), so that should not really be specific to your personal situation.

Additionally, these interventions should decrease insulin rather powerfully, which has an impact on salt metabolism in the kidney (Natriuresis - Wikipedia, https://blog.virtahealth.com/sodium-nutritional-ketosis-keto-flu-adrenal-function/).

"With adaptation to nutritional ketosis over a number of weeks, many basic functions of the body undergo profound changes: [...]
  1. The kidneys switch from retaining sodium to rapidly excreting it (Spark 1975). This carries the cumbersome medical name ‘natriuresis of fasting,’ but its real name is normal sodium metabolism with nutritional ketosis.
For those of us who are prone to retain sodium (e.g., causing bloating, high blood pressure, congestive heart failure, edema/ankle swelling), this accelerated sodium excretion with nutritional ketosis is a blessing. But once any excess sodium and water have been cleared from the body in the first few weeks of a ketogenic diet, a new balance of sodium intake to sodium excretion then has to occur so that adequate blood circulation (aka , circulating volume) can be maintained."

Thanks for sharing the links as well as your thought Llight! If what I'm doing currently isn't getting results, I'll have to make a change by incorporating either a fast or a diet that's relatively more ketogenic than my current one. Perhaps I'll go with water fasting first before going on keto, just making sure I hold other aspects of my regimen constant.

Currently, it's 3x day meals, mostly 75/15/10 carb/fat/protein, if I have to venture a guess. Carbs are rice and cane sugar/fruit juice. Fats are from regular milk/butter/coconut milk and some meat fat. Protein from pork/beef/chicken/goat in order of frequency, with plenty gelatin (from skin, tail, innards).

My main supplements to deal with plaque are ZymEssence proteolytic enzymes, magnesium with b6 (with calcium), vitamin k2 (will add cyclodextrin with vit E once I received my order of cyclodextrin). I'm taking thyroid, pregnenolone, and progesterone drops to boost metabolism to ensure there is enough blood pressure to allow blood to get through to the capillaries, especially my glormerular capillaries. And the rest of the supplements are Vitamin C, Vitamin E, and NAC for antioxidants, vitamin B3, and a vitamin B Complex. I get vit A from innards and oysters occasionally, and vitamin D from regular sunlight.

I'm only 3 days into this regimen, with the use of the steroid hormones being the recent addition. I'm hoping that I can get results that satisfy my need to lower blood pressure while at the same time increase my heart rate. So far, I'm seeing that my blood pressure is staying constant while my heart rate is slightly increased. I'll have to give this a month in order to evaluate how effective it is.

I notice that I have to wake up to urinate often. I think it has to do with the ZymEssence. It must be lysing the plaque and causing it to be urinated often, with the urine being more foamy than before. With sleep being interrupted at night, I find myself having to catch a nap during the day.

OP
yerrag

yerrag

@yerrag
Perhaps you can get many of the benefits of fasting by consuming easy to digest carbs(fruit juice and/or potato juice) and BCAA's with Gelatin, instead of milk or meat as protein. For the anti-serotonin effects of fasting, the BCAA's might be enough, although you can add other anti-serotonin drugs. For the endotoxin reduction from not having to digest food during the fast, there are several options mentioned in RPF.

Thanks Ron J. I'm taking fruit juices. With BCAA's, I'm hoping taking more protein sources rich in BCAA's will do for now, as I'm trying to keep supplements minimal if possible, as it can get disorienting having to keep up with many of them. The less supplements to deal with, I find it easier to stay faithful in staying with them. I'm also taking plenty of gelatin through food as well. I have to do my rounds at the public wet markets, and get my fill of cuts rich in gelatin - skin, innards, tails, and sometimes I buy tendons as well. As for endotoxins, I just finished a month of low-dose doxycyline, and it got rid of both my seborrheic dermatitis and rheumatoid arthritis on my left knee. I have yet to get a new supply and I'm thinking of using minocycline, but just haven't gotten around to getting it.

Thanks for all the good ideas!

rei

How is your posture? Do you have signs of MPB? Through the ordeal i have expanded on in my posts on this forum during previous 5 months i have managed to drop my systolic blood pressure by 50 points from 180 to 125-130. Simply by completely straightening my spine. The weird thing is that when the realignment started i did not even realize there was an issue with posture. I had the "s spine" but now i realize this is a conspiracy and the correct configuration is what can be found in 100 year old medical textbooks, the "j-spine".

Last edited:
OP
yerrag

yerrag

How is your posture? Do you have signs of MPB? Through the ordeal i have expanded on in my posts on this forum during previous 5 months i have managed to drop my systolic blood pressure by 50 points from 180 to 125-130. Simply by completely straightening my spine. The weird thing is that when the realignment started i did not even realize there was an issue with posture. I had the "s spine" but now i realize this is a conspiracy and the correct configuration is what can be found in 100 year old medical textbooks, the "j-spine".

I'm glad you were able to find the real cause of your high blood pressure! My posture now is normal. I used to sleep like a cat in a small box when small. I hated walking past stores as I could see a bad reflection of my poor posture. Then I had a car accident and spent one month healing from a small fracture in my spine. After being released, I was on a cast for 3 months. Then my back straightened. Plus years of backstretch firmed up my back muscles. Still, I got my spine improved after 3 months of intense adjustment by a chiropractor. It wan't the main solution, but it helped improve my blood sugar control. I was severely hypoglycemic and it helped fix me up (although the major fix was mercury detox, and improved further by staying off PUFA for along time).

I have slight MPB. I still have a full head, but the thinning hair allows my scalp to show through especially in pictures, with the very unforgiving and revealing flash. But I believe it's because of impaired blood flow due to plaque in the arteries, with the most effect on the capillaries.

rei

If you go stand against a corner of a wall can you get the whole spine from hip to neck joint touching it at the same time? I thought i had OK posture, in my early twenties i was active at sports and even achieved regional champion in 3 disciplines, so i was "athletic" and strong. Yet my spine was royally messed up. I don't have statistics on this, but i suspect this issue is as widespread in today's society as overweight is. The only reason i asked about MPB is that i have felt how much the scalp can loosen up when correcting posture, even when you are unaware there is any tension to begin with, and i wholly believe this tension is the root cause.

OP
yerrag

yerrag

I can't do it if I stand against the corner as my shoulders would get in the way, but if I just stand against the wall (not the corner) I can get the whole spine from hip to neck joint to touch it. Not sure if I'm doing it right, but hope I am.

rei

Yeah, i meant the outer corner, so that you have sharp line to touch every tip of spine bone. Only this way can you ensure micro alignment, against flat wall at least i could not do it.

OP
yerrag

yerrag

Yeah, i meant the outer corner, so that you have sharp line to touch every tip of spine bone. Only this way can you ensure micro alignment, against flat wall at least i could not do it.

How is this going?

My posture looks fine, as based on this test.