"Essential" Hypertension And Appreciating It For What It Really Is

I also do not have a problem with my control pause. With an increase in control pause, I experience higher blood pressure as well.

if HR is higher too, that is classic sign that cortisone could help for a bit to get you over that.

CP should be 35 - 40 and BP will be normal.

OP
yerrag

yerrag

if HR is higher too, that is classic sign that cortisone could help for a bit to get you over that.

CP should be 35 - 40 and BP will be normal.

I still don't understand how cortisone would help. I remember when I was being injected with hydrocortisone for my keloids, my blood pressure would go up, hence my reluctance to go back on using it. My CP, the last time I checked, was around 56. I could make it go higher still by Buteyko exercises, but my blood pressure will only keep on increasing.

Is using cortisone for the purpose of letting me burn more fat rather than sugar, and thus produce less CO2 by-products, so that it would lead to lowering my metabolism, as indicated by lower heart rate, and subsequently lower blood pressure? However, wouldn't this lead to more lactic acid, less efficient metabolism, leading towards conditions of stress?

I still don't understand how cortisone would help. I remember when I was being injected with hydrocortisone for my keloids, my blood pressure would go up, hence my reluctance to go back on using it. My CP, the last time I checked, was around 56. I could make it go higher still by Buteyko exercises, but my blood pressure will only keep on increasing.

Is using cortisone for the purpose of letting me burn more fat rather than sugar, and thus produce less CO2 by-products, so that it would lead to lowering my metabolism, as indicated by lower heart rate, and subsequently lower blood pressure? However, wouldn't this lead to more lactic acid, less efficient metabolism, leading towards conditions of stress?

read what Peat says. It's small amounts of cortisone, not large amounts. For a short while.

CP of 56? That seems doubtful. I don't think you define CP the way I do. I'm a Buteyko practitioner BTW.

CP is NO EFFORT to avoid inhale...that's how I define it.

I've never seen someone with high BP who has a CP over 30.

OP
yerrag

yerrag

read what Peat says. It's small amounts of cortisone, not large amounts. For a short while.

CP of 56? That seems doubtful. I don't think you define CP the way I do. I'm a Buteyko practitioner BTW.

CP is NO EFFORT to avoid inhale...that's how I define it.

I've never seen someone with high BP who has a CP over 30.
And that's why my Buteyko instructor was stumped by my case. I could try what you suggest through. Is there an oral form of cortisone?

OP
yerrag

yerrag

Prednisone.
Is there an OTC cortisone product? I'd need to go through a doctor for this. I wonder if pregnenolone can be used, since it's a precursor to cortisol. If I were cortisol-deficient, it would fill that deficiency, wouldn't it?

you can use an asthma inhaler. In the United States you can get them over the counter that have Cortisone in them. You don’t need that much and it is systemically absorbed. There’s also Cortisone cream.

Dave Clark

What about hydrocortisone, which is what is prescribed when someone is diagnosed with low cortisol levels? The most referred to doctor who wrote a book on it is Dr. Jefferies, but I know others like Shallenburger, etc. also promote it's use.

OP
yerrag

yerrag

you can use an asthma inhaler. In the United States you can get them over the counter that have Cortisone in them. You don’t need that much and it is systemically absorbed. There’s also Cortisone cream.
Thanks ecstatichamster. That should be easy to find then.

What about hydrocortisone, which is what is prescribed when someone is diagnosed with low cortisol levels? The most referred to doctor who wrote a book on it is Dr. Jefferies, but I know others like Shallenburger, etc. also promote it's use.
I've used the injectable version before, although for a different reason (to shrink my keloids - useless). Are they available only to be injected?

OP
yerrag

yerrag

I've pretty much stopped for the time being treating my hypertension, as I think things through as well as do some more research. In this time, I have dabbled in some experimentation, which I have not recorded except for my blood pressure log.

I've come to forming a hypothesis as to why I have hypertension, and if I consider factors outside of lead toxicity, I am narrowing it down to a magnesium deficiency. Why I say so was my serendipitous experience with using a lot of garlic last month to see if it will lower my blood pressure. Those two weeks were a good learning process. I learned that too much garlic depletes thiamine, potassium as well as magnesium. I started to have arrhythmia, and I also experienced more pain at my arthritic left knee, and I also had more psoriasis or scleroderma at my scalp region. Trix pointed me to a book called Potassium Nutrition, by Weber, and I learned of mycoplasma bacteria which could cause arthritic conditions to get worse with a deficiency of potassium, and also learned that potassium will not be absorbed by the body when there is a magnesium deficiency. This was leading me to think that I could be deficient in magnesium, as I had in the past been perplexed by my inability to raise potassium levels even after ingesting a lot of potassium, through food and through supplementation. That burtlancast showed me that magnesium could also chelate lead was another tidbit of info that pushed me more into looking at magnesium as a solution to my hypertension.

When I started to take more magnesium in the form of magnesium citrate, I noticed that my arthritic knee pain started to lessen, and I could walk up stairs as well as rise from a kneeling position without feeling much pain. During mornings, when I rise ot of bed, I didn't feel as much the stiffness of my left middle finger, which had for a good 6 months been bothering me. I had tried to deal with these pains using red light as well as thyroid, but none come close to the effect of using magnesium. And I observed these effects without so much as attempting to fix my knee pain and the trigger finger. I was focused on my blood pressure. So, the case goes stronger for a therapeutic magnesium supplementation for me.

I'm also beginning to think that my hypertensive condition began shortly after I had my mercury detox. It was an effective mercury detox because, after removing my dental amalgams and undergoing chelation, I could run for 5 kilometers and even more without even so much as training for it. It was effortless and a breeze. Before my mercury detox, I struggled running beyond 1 kilometer. I was panting and kept thinking it was for lack of practice and training. Imagine how much lactic acid was building up to cause me to be drained for so short a distance. But the downside to that was that I eventually developed hypertension. I now think that with the increased oxygen-carrying capacity of my blood, and with the increased oxygenation of my tissues, I was burning and producing a lot more energy than my body could handle. During those years where I was mercury toxic and couldn't deliver enough oxygen to my tissues, my body had adapted to having low oxygen. Probably the level of magnesium in my body stores had adapted to the level of metabolic activity brought about by oxygen as a limiting factor. When my oxygen supply increased and oxygen ceased to be a limiting factor, my metabolism had increased to a point where magnesium became a limiting factor. In order to address this bottleneck, and to throttle my metabolism, the body sensed the need to lower my metabolism. It did this by constricting my blood vessels, thereby limiting tissue oxygenation. This way, my metabolic rate would be right-sized for my low magnesium level.

The constriction of my blood vessels led to my hypertensive condition. To correct this condition, I would have to supplement with more than just a maintenance dose of magnesium. I now have to look different forms of magnesium. I started looking at magnesium bicarbonate, and I'm readying the equipment to make my own magnesium bicarbonate water. But while at it, I realized that magnesium bicarbonate might not be ideal for my context. Bicarbonate would increase my serum CO2 levels, which normally is good, but in my case it would have the effect of increasing my metabolism. Increasing my metabolism would invariably cause my body to react by lowering it to my maladapted state, and this would cause it to constrict further my blood vessels, thereby increasing my blood pressure. I've observed this effect when I improve my breathing through Buteyko. Instead of lowering my blood pressure, it would be increased instead. I imagine that if I were to go to higher altitude, my blood pressure would increase, contrary to what Ray Peat says. Not that Peat is wrong, but Peat talks to a normal state, not to a maladapted state to which I belong. I believe many people experience the same effects as mine, only because they have maladapted conditions as well.

So, now I'm going to order different form of magnesium from Amazon and have it shipped to me. Currently, I have magnesium chloride, magnesium glycinate, and am still looking to add one or two more.

I tried using magnesium carbonate for supplementation, to as much as 1000mg elemental magnesium. It gave me arrhythmia. My guess is that I needed to also take in more potassium, in order to prevent electrolyte imbalance. I point to potassium rather than calcium, as I have been religious with my calcium intake. As for salt, I may also need to increase its intake. I also was able to confirm that the carbonate (or even bicarbonate form) of magnesium isn't suitable for my context, for the reasons I mentioned earlier (see above quote).

I've ordered magnesium chloride and magnesium ascorbate, and should receive them in a week. I'm hoping that with these forms of magnesium, I would be able to get positive results as far as lowering my blood pressure is concerned.

Meanwhile, I tried taking 5,000mg of ascorbic acid today. It's having a tremendous effect as my blood pressure has gone down, and it's only the first day. However, I experienced arrhythmia. I think it is a matter of not taking too much ascorbic acid on an empty stomach. I dissolved 5g of ascorbic acid powder in 1 liter of water, and every hour (except for meals, as glucose competes with ascorbic acid for absorption into the cells) I would take 125 ml of this solution.

Going forward, I have to think of what to add to this solution in order to keep arrhythmia at bay. I'm thinking potassium. Certainly I will add magnesium ascorbate, and lessen the amount of pure ascorbic acid. I may also add some salt. I imagine that magnesium ascorbate is more palatable than magnesium chloride, which explains my choice of adding magnesium chloride to this solution. I will just take magnesium chloride separately (dissolved).

OP
yerrag

yerrag

I drank throughout the day a liter of water that has 5,000mg VitC, 1000mg elemental magnesium in the form of magnesium carbonate, and 4 grams of salt. I'm making sure I have enough potassium intake so I'm eating about 3 bananas a day. This seems to be working well, as my blood pressure had gone to new lows in both the diastolic and systolic. Yet I couldn't explain a few readings that would be very high. I'm guessing it could be the carbonate, which could be increasing my blood bicarbonate. This would aid my metabolism somewhat and the body reacts by constricting my vessels. I also notice something with respect to thirst. I'm getting thirsty more often now, which doesn't happen in the past. I'm hoping that this means my body is now able to increase my blood volume, and this causing me to get thirsty as making blood requires water. Ray Peat says that increased blood volume will lower blood pressure.

Perhaps the intake of vitamin C is making my body need less uric acid to protect me from lead toxicity. This may explain my lower blood pressure, as constricted blood vessels are needed to create hypoxic conditions that favor uric acid production. I have a mind to verify if my uric levels have gone lower with a blood test come early December.

I still wake up often at night to urinate. I hope frequent night urinations will be lessened as I progress with my protocol.

OP
yerrag

yerrag

I got my magnesium chloride finally. I dissolved it together in water with vitamin C and salt. It worked well the first day. Then things got bad when I had coffee. My blood pressure shot up really high, higher than previous highs, and luckily I had vitamin K in Kuinone and Vitamin E in Tocovit, and it helped tame it. I had the same MgCL2 and Vitamin C and salt combo the next day without coffee, and wow, all day my blood pressure went to lower lows. Next day, I decided to see if indeed it was coffee that caused it, and sure enough, it did. The first time it happened (having very high blood pressure with coffee), I was hypermetabolic, with my heart rate going as high as 108. But the second time around, it went only as high as 92.

I suppose this confirms that I should stay off substances that would increase my metabolism while I'm on this MgCl2 and ascorbic therapy. I also suspect that magnesium itself raised my metabolism, so having additional stimulants for my metabolism would be overkill. I can say that magnesium chloride is more potent than magnesium chloride, but as I figure out my final protocol, it seems I would have more magnesium chloride and less magnesium carbonate. I still am waiting for the arrival of my order of magnesium ascorbate to test that out as well. I reckon though that, having read that ascorbic acid has more electrons than ascorbate, it would be worth considering relying more on ascorbic acid than on ascorbate for my vitamin C.

I'm not going to be as detailed now, but just to keep updated on my findings. I'm still evaluating the list of supplement I need for my blood pressure lowering/lead detoxing protocol. Items passing muster are : vitamin c powder, magnesium carbonate, and magnesium chloride, and garlic (although I must learn from my lesson from not overdosing on garlic, as it is a diuretic and can deplete my thiamine and potassium levels). Still to be evaluated are: magnesium ascorbate, and magnesium bicarbonate (I have to get my DIY carbonation setup completed and tested).

OP
yerrag

yerrag

Awesome. I am following your journey and appreciate your sharing.
Thanks ecstatichamster.

One challenge of using this protocol is that as I continue to take as much as possible hourly readings during the day, I begin to realize that arrhythmia is a real danger that I have to constantly be on guard against. It's a good thing that I'm checking my blood pressure often, as once I get the arrhythmia icon showing on my Omron electronic bp device, I would stop the protocol for the time being, and decide what to do next. I may decide to lower the magnesium dosage, or increase potassium intake by way of eating a piece of banana. I have not gone to the point of having diarrhea with my magnesium dosage, and I could still increase my magnesium intake, currently at 1,000mg per day.

But I'll cap my daily magnesium intake at 1,000mg for now, for safety considerations, and explore increasing the intake of the other electrolytes: sodium, calcium, and potassium.

With potassium, I'm fairly safe if I have a good supply of bananas, taking 3-4 pieces of a local variety of bananas called lakatan (The other common local variety is called latundan, but this variety is constipatory, and is taken when one's stools are loose). Each piece of a medium-sized banana would net me 500mg of potassium. I have other sources of potassium in my daily food intake, from meats (3 meals of meat would provide roughly 1,000 mg), sweet potatoes (500 mg for breakfast), and the daily cup of juice, either orange of pineapple, or cantaloupe, or watermelon (500mg). Note that I'm not using any supplements nor supplement powders. I find potassium to be readily available in sufficient quantities in food, and would prefer to go this route. Besides, it simplifies the formulation of the solution. Note that aside from arrhythmia giving me a warning, there is also my middle left finger. It is arthritic, and I wake up with a trigger finger when something is not in balance with my potassium, as I'm beginning to find out. With the higher than normal magnesium intake I'm having, it's easy for the electrolyte balance in my blood to get out of whack, and when potassium is low relative to magnesium intake, I get the trigger finger warning. This happened this morning. I think it's because during the course of the night, whenever I woke to pee, I drank twice of the leftovers of my daytime solution, which are 10 100ml portions of my protocol. I didn't accompany it with eating bananas, and the relative lack of potassium caused the trigger finger to show itself. I may add some potassium chloride (aka sodium-less salt) to the daily leftover portions so that when I drink them during the night, I won't be short of potassium.

I'm currently adding 4,000mg of sodium chloride through the daily intake of my electrolyte solution. This comes out to 1,600mg of elemental sodium. I think this should be enough although I'm still open to increasing this amount in the future. I have enough sodium intake throughout the day in my meals, and I'm eating salt to taste, as we know salt isn't something to be avoided and is needed to maintain or increase blood volume. And my goal is to increase my blood volume as I believe this is part of the solution in lowering my blood pressure. I believe that levels of magnesium in my body are low, and this deficiency is the factor that limits my blood volume from increasing. With the current magnesium replenishment process I'm undergoing, my body magnesium will constantly increase, and my blood volume as well, as long as the other electrolytes are available. I had mentioned in an earlier post that my attempts at lowering blood pressure by increasing salt and potassium intake had not been successful, and I believe it's because I hadn't increased my magnesium intake. The increased intake of sodium and potassium were just met with increased urination, and along with it out went the sodium and potassium.

As for calcium, I would just need to maintain my daily calcium intakes at about 1,600 elemental calcium. I have to maintain a daily intake of 1 glass of milk, a daily cup of cooked green leaves, a daily sprinkling of eggshell powder on my sunny side up egg for breakfast, but would have to make up for the loss of two sprinklings of eggshell powder on the froth of my brewed coffee (as I had stopped coffee as it increases my blood pressure). I probably will just drink milk froth without coffee, so I can sprinkle eggshell powder on them.

OP
yerrag

yerrag

I'm considering a change in my protocol from drinking a 1000ml solution consisting of vitamin C and magnesium throughout the day. I notice that my blood pressure would be lowered after a meal and gets higher at the point before a meal. By meal I refer to breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Tomorrow I will try simply drinking the solution of vitamin C throughout the day, except during meal times, and would be drinking a magnesium chloride solution during meal times only. I'll have more salt during the meal, and a piece of banana after each meal. Will see if this arrangement works out better.

OP
yerrag

yerrag

I got back my blood tests today, as part of the monitoring of my progress in detoxifying my kidney of lead. I had two weeks of taking insanely large amount of garlic, after which I had arrhythmia, presumably from the side effect of depleting my thiamine as well as potasssium. It took a week of staying off my protocol before my arrhythmia went away. And still, I took another week after that of further rest, wherein I continued to stay off garlic and detox supplementation. I had some headache remaining, which gradually went away. I also made sure I drank of fruit juice, to restore potassium levels, and took thiamine as well as niacinamide. I also slept better the past week, and with the hiatus from my protocol, I think the latest blood tests would give me a better snapshot of the state of my health, as far as my kidney is concerned. Needless to stay, there hasn't been much or a significant change in my hypertensive state. But the following results give me some hope that there is progress. One blood test after my baseline from a month ago doesn't establish a trend, but here goes:

Uric Acid - from 352 to 379 umol/L (range 202- 416): Negative development
Albumin - 41.42 to 38.9 g/L (range 35-50): Negative development
LDH (kinetic) - 238 to 201 U/L (range 135 -225): Positive development
CO2 - 33.52 to 28.9 mmol/L (range 22 - 30): Not definite, down but within upper range)
Urine Protein/Creatinine Ratio - 30.94 to 25.65 mg/mmol (range <22.6): Positive, but still outside range
I got some good news from my blood tests. I didn't test CO2 anymore as I don't have problems with it. Except for LDH, all markers got better. I'm not too concerned about the LDH value for now, as I didn't really expect it to come down so quickly, as I would consider it to be more of a lagging indicator. The results are:

Uric Acid- from 379 to 339
Albumin - from 38.9 to 43.34
Urine Protein/Creatinine Ratio - from 25.65 to 11.45
LDH - from 201 to 221

I'm not surprised. For the past two months, I've been figuring out what works with different combos of supplements, and have narrowed down to using Vitamin C and magnesium chloride as main supplements in my protocol.

It helped a lot that I've learned about the use of the C-Flush Test to determine how much my daily intake of vitamin C, or l-ascorbic acid should be. From there, I had to figure out how to split the dosage for an entire day. For me, 6.75g dosage dissolved in 600 ml water, and drinking 2 portions of 100 ml solution between breakfast and lunch, and 4 portions between lunch and dinner works very well for me. The downside is that I don't have vitamin C after dinner, and I would wake up with a higher blood pressure, but then I'm trying not to urinate as much during my sleep hours, and vitamin C tends to make me pee a lot.

As for magnesium chloride, I've settled on just using it as my sole source of supplemental magnesium. I ditched calcium citrate, because it is said to cause calcium to be urinated out. And I didn't even get to use magnesium bicarbonate, which would still entail my making my own DIY carbonator (although except for the CO2 tank, I've got all the parts to make it with me.) I slowly increased my daily dosage to 4,800 mg. I dissolved the amount in 450 ml of water, and take 150 ml of it after each meal. I would take a piece of banana before I take a portion of it to provide about 500mg of potassium. Without the banana, the arrhythmia indicator in my electronic blood pressure monitor would occasionally flash. This indicates that perhaps the magnesium I'm taking needed to be balanced with another electrolyte or two. The potassium in the banana worked well for that purpose.

With the Vitamin C and the magnesium chloride, I can see my blood pressure going down to about 180/120. But it somehow reached a plateau. At first I thought since this would be a slow process of lowering my blood pressure further, I should just stick with this. But I felt something amiss. I was urinating a lot, and I remembered Peat mentioning that salt intake would help to lower blood pressure. I had tried taking salt before, and potassium as well, but both ended with disappointing results as I also kept urinating. And my blood pressure didn't budge. I thought this time I should try increasing also my potassium and salt intake. So, in addition to the 4800mg magnesium, I put in 4000mg of potasssium chloride, and 6000mg of salt, into the daily solution of 450ml, of which I would take a portion of 150ml after each meal. I've been on this for 3 days already, and my blood pressure has been more consistently going further down. I am also urinating less during the day, but during the night though, I am urinating a lot. Still disturbs my sleep, so I still have to tweak something to lessen my urination. Btw, I didn't add calcium anymore as I already take in enough calcium already with green leaves, milk, and egg shell powder. And I have to mention that when Peat talked about salt lowering blood pressure, he was saying it in the context of it increasing blood volume. I guess what he didn't mention was that magnesium and potassium would have to be in abudance as well, in order for the salt to have the blood volume incrasing and blood pressure lowering effect.

In addition to these, I'm taking one or two cloves of garlic, with my breakfast and lunch meals but consciously avoiding it for dinner, knowing it is a diuretic and would not hep my sleep. I learned from earlier that I can't take too much of it, as it will take away thiamine and potassium from me. But I would still take it because it also helps with chelating lead out from my body.

I'm also taking zinc, selenomethionine, P5P, and NAC to aid the liver in eliminating the chelated lead out from my system.

For now, I'm glad I'm out of the woods as far as being in stage 1 chronic kidney disease, with my urine protein-creatinine ratio getting now far below the threshold. This is verified by my improving serum blood albumin value, which indicates I'm losing a lot less albumin in my urine.

My uric acid levels are continuing to go down. For me, this goes hand in hand with the lowering of my blood pressure. I think this is more the effect of taking Vitamin C, which is an antioxidant just like uric acid is. The vitamin C is making the body need less uric acid, and this I think is allowing my blood vessels to be less constricted, as constriction creates hyproxia, which is a condition needed to increase uric acid production.

I think that Vitamin C and magnesium is a great combo cure for my hypertension. For one, both of these supplements chelate lead. Secondly, Vitamin C gives me the antioxidant protection that relieves my body of stresses that lessen its need to maladapt (in this case increasing blood pressure to produce uric acid). It is in a way a crutch, which alone isn't good because I might become too dependent on it. But as magnesium is slowly being taken in by my body, along with other electrolytes, this would increase blood volume and lead to a more permanent state of lowered blood pressure. When the source of stress is permanently relieved, there will be less need for vitamin C. And this will be hopefully indicated by me being free on dependence on a lot of vitamin C. At the certain endpoint, I would see myself needing only 1000mg of vitamin a day. This would mean that I am very healthy already.

OP
yerrag

yerrag

Incidentally, I noticed that taking vitamin C improves blood sugar control significantly, for me. On two occasions, I took vitamin C and skipped lunch, and I didn't feel hungry nor lethargic past 3 pm. I think this has to do with ascorbic acid having similar structure to glucose. @Travis what do you think?

Travis

Incidentally, I noticed that taking vitamin C improves blood sugar control significantly, for me. On two occasions, I took vitamin C and skipped lunch, and I didn't feel hungry nor lethargic past 3 pm. I think this has to do with ascorbic acid having similar structure to glucose. @Travis what do you think?
In what could perhaps be described as Jungian synchronicity, I've chanced over this quote just now when replying the @Amazoniac on another thread:

"In addition, switching to hypoxia condition or treatment with rotenone, a specific inhibitor of mitochondrial respiration chain complex I, led to further increases in the NADH/NAD ratio, which corresponded to a significantly reduced glycolytic rate, increased inhibition of oxygen consumption and ATP levels, and decreased proliferation rate in Y10F rescue cells compared to those in cells with hLDH-A WT." —Taro Hitosugi

Apparently, NAD⁺ is needed to pull a hydride (H:) of off glyceraldehyde 3‐phosphate; and glycolytic rates increase proportionally with increasing NAD⁺. With higher cytosolic amounts of NADH, and necessarily lower amounts of NAD⁺, the enzyme glyceraldehyde 3‐phosphate dehydrogenase will have a lower probability of finding its cofactor.

"Hydrogen bonding between the protonated imidazole N⁶ of His 176 and the carbonyl oxygen of GAP, also stabilizes the hemithioacetal intermediate, and favors a nucleophilic attack by the thiol group of Cys 149, by lowering its pKa. His 176 also plays the role of a base catalyst, facilitating the hydride transfer from the hemithioacetal intermediate toward the C4 position of the nicotinamide ring of the NAD⁺ coenzyme during the oxidoreduction step. This hydride transfer results in the conversion of the hemithioacetal intermediate into a thioester intermediate and NAD⁺ into NADH." — UWEC

So: Could it be that the reduced ascorbate is adding electrons to the electron transport chain?—acting to reduce the glycolytic capacity and rate thereof: lowering the need for more sugar? Does ascorbate either raise the NADH/NAD⁺ ratio, or serve as an NADH proxy as a donor in its own right? Not sure, but one might think that electrons (e⁻)—whatever their source—could lower the requirement for sugar; or stated in another way: Electrons from an alternative source could lower the need to derive electrons from glucose, which could lower glucose requirements and the desire for such.

I see the electron (e⁻) as the fundamental unit of energy—not adenosine triphosphate. Albert Szent‐Györgyi had thought the same way.

Fan, J., Hitosugi, T. "Tyrosine phosphorylation of lactate dehydrogenase a is important for NADH/NAD+ redox homeostasis in cancer cells." Molecular and cellular biology (2011)

marsaday

What are your thyroid blood results ? Often higher blood pressure is related to low thyroid. You say they are normal, but it would be good to see the results.

Peeing often is a low cortisol issue. So if at nighttime this means your body is in a low cortisol state and so will not relax enough. Thyroid meds taken at bedtime is the best time to take them. People sleep a lot better as the thyroid system is supported and you don't need to tax the adrenal system.

OP
yerrag

yerrag

So: Could it be that the reduced ascorbate is adding electrons to the electron transport chain?—acting to reduce the glycolytic capacity and rate thereof: lowering the need for more sugar? Does ascorbate either raise the NADH/NAD⁺ ratio, or serve as an NADH proxy as a donor in its own right? Not sure, but one might think that electrons (e⁻)—whatever their source—could lower the requirement for sugar; or stated in another way: Electrons from an alternative source could lower the need to derive electrons from glucose, which could lower glucose requirements and the desire for such.

I see the electron (e⁻) as the fundamental unit of energy—not adenosine triphosphate. Albert Szent‐Györgyi had thought the same way.
That's interesting and could very well be the case with my experience. I also noticed that even without eating, after two intakes of 1.1 g of ascorbic acid in the morning, and skipping lunch, I not only felt alert and not in hunger, but experienced possibly higher metabolism, as my metabolism was in the mid-80s, where I normally would see it around the low 70s. I did not check temperature though, as taking readings with my armpit thermometer takes too much time.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals