"Essential" Hypertension And Appreciating It For What It Really Is

Hans

Forum Supporter
OP
yerrag

yerrag

@yerrag what is your glycine intake? Glycine can help to prevent cell death and release of LDH, so maybe glycine can also help to lower your CRP and LDH. It's also deemed highly atheroprotective.
THE ROLE OF GLYCINE IN REGULATED CELL DEATH
Emerging therapeutic potential of glycine in... : Current Opinion in Lipidology
Glycine can also help to reduce hypertension as it lowers ROS and increases NO bioavailability.

I don't know how much I'm taking but I'm making sure I eat plenty of gelatin-rich food. I hope that is enough though - ox tail, chicken feet, pork ears and skin, beef and pork tendons. I'll be sure to keep eating them. Thanks!

OP
yerrag

yerrag

Update: The past 2 days I took 3x3g of bhringraj powder. Bhringraj powder has wedololactone, which is the natural equivalent of spironolactone in reducing hypertension. It blocks the aldosterone receptor. I learned of it from Travis' posts and finally found it locally from a store that sells hair and skin beautifying aids. It's being sold as a powder to be mixed into a paste with water and applied to hair to increase hair growth. The beauty of it is that it doesn't have the anti-androgenic side-effects of spironolactone.

I started Monday with 3x1g doses. It seemed to lower my blood pressure. Yesterday I amped up the dosage to 3x3. It did nothing to lower my blood pressure. I don't have to wait anymore. It doesn't work for my hypertension. It should be like spironolactone, having more immediate effects. So, I'm dropping primary aldosteronism as a cause for my hypertension for now.

I'm now looking at two angles for my high blood condition:

1. High aldosterone - still looking at it since my aldosterone values are still suspect at 24.4 ng/dL whereas the non-suspect value is <15. I'm urinating a lot and I still see this as aldesterone conserving sodium too much and wasting potassium. I'm trying hormones pregnenolone and DHEA , with DHEA from 5-15mg/day, to see if this helps. Will try this for a week to see if there is letup on the blood pressure front.

2. G6PD deficiency - if the above doesn't work, I'm testing for G6PD deficiency even if a recent peripheral blood smear test result shows I don't have hemolytic anemia.

Yet this finding (negative for hemolytic anemia) doesn't yet mean I don't have this deficiency. It's possible I haven't been exposed to enough food or drugs that trigger the symptoms for this deficiency. From the article:

Red blood cell destruction can be triggered by infections, certain foods (such as fava beans), and certain medicines, including:

• Antimalarial medicines such as quinine
  • Aspirin (high doses)
  • Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs)
  • Quinidine
  • Sulfa drugs
  • Antibiotics such as quinolones, nitrofurantoin
If I'm affected, quinones and aspirin, which are Peat staples I've used, should be avoided. Methylene blue as well (see article). I've used these before and didn't experience anything bad, or maybe I just didn't notice their effect.

I got the results of my G6PD test and I'm within range, and on the high side of range. So I'm not suffering form G6PD deficiency!

I now have to shift my focus elsewhere, specifically on why my aldosterone is high. And this may have more to do with my adrenals.

I'm currently applying topically 10mg each of pregnenolone, DHEA, and progesterone thru use of Pansterone and Progestene, hoping to get some hormonal balance so that my aldosterone levels may go down. I'm also starting with 100mg thiamine for a week's duration as well as 500mg of b3. This is intended to see if I can increase NADPH production. This should help with the adrenals as well. Additionally, NADPH provides for the oxidative burst needed by macrophages in phagocytosis when dealing with bacteria, which may be released as arterial plaque is being lysed. I've been on a low dose of thiamine and niacinamide through regular b-complex supplementation, and the amount I had been taking may be insufficient.

To be quite honest, I've been disappointed that my blood pressure has increased after 2 months of taking ZymEssence proteolytic enzymes. Certainly there's something going on that I didn't expect. I've seen my WBC and neutrophil count increase as well, and so I'm given to think that my white blood cells needed reinforcement to deal with the stress induced from the lysing of plaque. Perhaps it's the bacteria being released from the biofilm in the plaque being broken down. I think that without enough supply of NADPH to provide for the oxidative burst needed for phagocytosis, bacteria isn't being killed and more white blood cells are needed to do away with the bacteria. So I'm hoping that supplementing with more b1 and b3 will do the trick.

Here's what led me to approach the problem this way:

Synergy Health & Wellness: The importance of addressing thiamine status in adrenal fatigue
Synergy Health & Wellness: Redox balance, the pentose phosphate pathway, and adrenal function
Synergy Health & Wellness: NADPH, the folate cycle, and adrenal function

Here is a very helpful review that made me understand more the importance of producing NADPH in the pentose phosphate pathway, in terms of producing ROS to oxidize and kill pathogens. It talks about superoxide and NADPH being converted to hydrogen peroxide, which is used to make hydroxyl radicals as well as hypochlorous acid, and peroxynitrite - all very powerful oxidants to kill bacteria. Without a good supply of NADPH, the white blood cells would be ineffective, and in being ineffective, the body would have to produce swarms of white blood cells to compensate for its ineffectiveness, much like swarms of Chinese soldiers during the Korean War :

http://www.annclinlabsci.org/content/30/2/145.full.pdf

The swarms of dead white blood cells would eventually become plaque.

OP
yerrag

yerrag

The swarms of dead white blood cells would eventually become plaque.
Another thought I have I wanted to share:

Today I finished a bottle of ZymEssence (180/3 capsules= 60 days). I wasn't expecting it to lower my blood pressure much by itself, and it didn't. I think, however, that while it lysed away plaque, it also disrupted the balance along my endothelial walls. My WBC and neutrophils went up significantly, and my RDW, which was on its way down after my periodontal issue was resolved, from 13.5 to 13.1, went back up to 13.4. It's as if my innate immune system wanted to put my plaque back. I believe that when the endothelial lining was exposed thru the lysing of the plaque. it was exposed to bacteria from biofilm being disrupted while the lysis was ongoing, and neutrophils were summoned to protect the lining.

If I should test positive for G6PD deficiency, then I would have to see how I can manage the situation.
After a week of using Serraptidase, I took a CBC test.

My WBC and neutrophils shot up like crazy. WBC went up to 11.34 from 6.67 in a span of one week, and neutrophils from 67 to 81. Way above range!

Evidently, the serraptidase enzyme was causing this to happen.

During the same week I was on Serra, I kept on urinating. I find myself going to pee every 45 minutes. It was very difficult to drive in our congested streets, and I had to stop by gas stations or else I would regret it.

My blood pressure during this time stayed up. 210 systolic would be normal, and diastolic at 130 as well. So, during the whole time I was on proteolytic enzymes, my blood pressure went up instead of going down.

I stopped taking enzymes for a day, yesterday, and my blood pressure went down to 190/120. And I wasn't urinting as much.

Still have to understand what really is going on here.

OP
yerrag

yerrag

Just want to update what change I've decided on : Taking Enzymes To Lyse Plaque, BP Rising, WBC, Urinating A Lot-Frustrated :

What I can conclude imperfectly is that the ZymEssence proteolytic blend in itself was useful in lysing plaque generally, but there remains to be some cleanup work as far as some remnants remain. Serrapeptidase can do the job, but the dosage of serrapeptidase I had ( 3 x 120,000 SPU daily) was too strong. Being too strong, it was lysing plaque at a far greater rate. This is probably releasing too much bacteria as well as exposing injured endothelial linings and in the process requiring too much of an inflammatory response from white blood cells, specifically the neutrophils. This would explain the sudden jump in neutrophil count.

I'm glad I had the benefit of having a window into what's going on thru the affordable CBC test. Knowing this, I should not push thru with the use of Serrapeptidase at this dosage level.

Dr. Wong has a "Heart Support" protocol that involves using, in addition to ZymEssence, other products that may work together with this enzyme synergistically. I experience first-hand what could go wrong using ZymEssence by itself instead of having it as part of a protocol.

This protocol involves the use of hawthorne berry extract, which according to the description, helps regulate heartbeat. But I believe that as per a NaturalNews article (Naturally Prevent and Remove Dangerous Arterial Plaque ) it has more to do with "removing plaque blockages by widening blood vessels," something which I felt I sorely need from this experience.

It also involves the use of "a blend of Trimethylglycine (TMG), Dimethylglycine, Yohimbe Bark Extract and Serrapeptidase to help the body make Nitric Oxide."

I tried to not go with this protocol and went rogue going with using ZymEssence by itself for 2 months, followed by a week of Serrapeptidase. The results don't look good. So now, I'm going by Dr. Wong's book and will order what he recommends. This is what he recommends: Dr. Wong's Essentials® Heart Support Protocol!

I'll resume in 3 weeks or earlier, depending on when I receive my order. I had to have the order delivered to a US forwarding address on the way to Manila. I'll order 4 month worth of product. Hope this works.

I think the protocol would be gentle and the other supplements would work hand in glove with ZymEssence to provide a plaque lysing action that would be balanced without provoking the inflammatory response as seen with the huge uptick in neutrophil production and activity.​

OP
yerrag

yerrag

Just want to update what change I've decided on : Taking Enzymes To Lyse Plaque, BP Rising, WBC, Urinating A Lot-Frustrated :

What I can conclude imperfectly is that the ZymEssence proteolytic blend in itself was useful in lysing plaque generally, but there remains to be some cleanup work as far as some remnants remain. Serrapeptidase can do the job, but the dosage of serrapeptidase I had ( 3 x 120,000 SPU daily) was too strong. Being too strong, it was lysing plaque at a far greater rate. This is probably releasing too much bacteria as well as exposing injured endothelial linings and in the process requiring too much of an inflammatory response from white blood cells, specifically the neutrophils. This would explain the sudden jump in neutrophil count.

I'm glad I had the benefit of having a window into what's going on thru the affordable CBC test. Knowing this, I should not push thru with the use of Serrapeptidase at this dosage level.

Dr. Wong has a "Heart Support" protocol that involves using, in addition to ZymEssence, other products that may work together with this enzyme synergistically. I experience first-hand what could go wrong using ZymEssence by itself instead of having it as part of a protocol.

This protocol involves the use of hawthorne berry extract, which according to the description, helps regulate heartbeat. But I believe that as per a NaturalNews article (Naturally Prevent and Remove Dangerous Arterial Plaque ) it has more to do with "removing plaque blockages by widening blood vessels," something which I felt I sorely need from this experience.

It also involves the use of "a blend of Trimethylglycine (TMG), Dimethylglycine, Yohimbe Bark Extract and Serrapeptidase to help the body make Nitric Oxide."

I tried to not go with this protocol and went rogue going with using ZymEssence by itself for 2 months, followed by a week of Serrapeptidase. The results don't look good. So now, I'm going by Dr. Wong's book and will order what he recommends. This is what he recommends: Dr. Wong's Essentials® Heart Support Protocol!

I'll resume in 3 weeks or earlier, depending on when I receive my order. I had to have the order delivered to a US forwarding address on the way to Manila. I'll order 4 month worth of product. Hope this works.

I think the protocol would be gentle and the other supplements would work hand in glove with ZymEssence to provide a plaque lysing action that would be balanced without provoking the inflammatory response as seen with the huge uptick in neutrophil production and activity.​

I'm not yet placing an order for Dr. Wong's heart support protocol. As I have been corresponding with Dr. Wong and he has not replied to me, it likely indicates that he isn't well-placed to help me to the level of detail I need to have my issues addressed. If he were to have answers, he would be a good resource and I would have confidence using his protocol. I've learned that knowing the right questions to ask allows me the benefit of gauging whether a solutions provider is well suited to help. I won't waste any resources on a wild goose chase, a lesson that I wish someone wiser would have taught me early so I would be moving to better things than having to get stuck so long on a seemingly hopeless and endless quest. For all its worth, Dr. Wong still has a good product in ZymEssence, and I shouldn't be expecting from him over and above providing a well-formulated proteolytic enzyme as a product.

I have to think through whether this protocol is sufficient to eliminate my hypertensive condition. I find that because lysing plaque is causing the recruitment of an insane amount of neutrophils and also causing me to urinate in just as equally an insane amount, I have to take a step back and evaluate what my next steps are.

As of now, I think that using ZymEssence alone won't fix my problem. At best, it would maintain my current state. Worse, it would aggravate it. The large amount of neutrophils would eventually become plaque just as easily. As I see it, the lysing of plaque across my entire vascular system is releasing a large amount of microorganisms and this is causing the innate immune system to react with an outpouring of neutrophils to neutralize these microorganisms. Since there is a lot of plaque accumulated from 15 years of plaque formation (due to chronic periodontitis that supplied a load of bacteria over the years), a good amount of bacteria is also embedded within the plaque matrix in the form of biofilm. There is a certain truce that exists, where the low-level infection is ably suppressed by the innate immune system. This would require a higher amount of WBC and neutrophils, at a level that is higher than needed when healthy - and this is what would be considered the truce level.

At this state of stress, a constant level of energy is directed towards killing pathogens, keeping them from multiplying and becoming more harmful. This would constantly exhaust the endothelial linings of the supply of substrates and enzymes needed to produce nitric oxide, and this would keep the blood vessels from vasodilating, and would stiffen blood vessels and lead to higher blood pressure. Because there is a high level of oxidative stress from the spillover of the respiratory burst needed in phagocytosis (of pathogens by neutrophils and macrophages), a great need for antioxidants exists - to minimize/avoid the tissue damage that may result from the spillover ROS emanating from phagocytosis. This would explain why I have to have high uric acid levels, as uric acid is part of the primary antioxidant system of the body.

Since mitochondrial cellular respiration also produces a lot of ROS, it has to be down-regulated because the level of ROS produced cannot be increased as it would incur a shortage of antioxidants, which are being diverted towards dealing with ROS spillover from phagocytotic activity. This would explain why my metabolism has to be set lower than normal, as seen in my lower heart rate of around 70 or even less (where 85 would be optimal). This is the body's way of protecting me from harm, by inhibiting my metabolic energy production and keeping it from reaching its optimal level. Without having the benefit of maximal metabolism, I am aging faster than usual. I look older than my biological age, my hair is thinning out, and I don't have the nitric oxide for erectile endurance. And did I say my blood pressure is consistently very high that 180/120 is considered low, in my personal universe of things?

I need two things (aside from eating and living well) to eventually lower my stress load, lower my blood pressure, and to regain my full oxidative metabolic potential to be back where it's developmental and not inhibitory: one is the proteolytic enzymes to lyse plaque, and another is a cocktail of a broad spectrum of antifungals, antibiotics, and even anti-archaea, to complement these enzymes. They would work synergistically such that as plaque is lysed, the microorganisms released can be extinguished fully such that whatever is left doesn't require a stressful innate immune response. There won't be a need for a large amount of white blood cells and all the associated inflammatory activity that would be manifested in high blood pressure.

What would this cocktail be like?

This thread would fill some gaps on the thought process involved in what I just explained:

Taking Enzymes To Lyse Plaque, BP Rising, WBC, Urinating A Lot-Frustrated

I could feel the trail getting warmer, but it's also getting deeper and I hope I don't have to spend light years extracting myself from it. I never thought it could be this complicated. I might as well be having fun digging into this rabbit hole.

Last edited:

rei

Is it possible you are causing blood clotting and stress response with these enzymes? I read this today and immediately thought of your endeavor

Prothrombin (coagulation factor II) is proteolytically cleaved to form thrombin in the clotting process. Thrombin in turn acts as a serine protease that converts soluble fibrinogen into insoluble strands of fibrin, as well as catalyzing many other coagulation-related reactions.

has there been any research if these enzymes are able to act on these molecules in the stress response system?

OP
yerrag

yerrag

Is it possible you are causing blood clotting and stress response with these enzymes? I read this today and immediately thought of your endeavor

has there been any research if these enzymes are able to act on these molecules in the stress response system?

Enzymes and their action - that's a black art to me. The formulation of enzyme blends are trade secrets, but I trust their use since I believe there's no history of harm in using them. Except for nattokinase, as when used separately, as extracted from natto and without vitamin k, its proteolytic activity can be exceeded and cause bruising and worse, from blood becoming too thin. Many blends, such as Wobenzym, have a long history of beneficial use with no harm. Mostly I think, it's because the enzymes used are enzymes either not foreign to the body (as the body produces them) or are already found in nature and the body are familiar with such as papain and bromelain (from papaya and pineapple). The ZymEssence blend I use now is similar, but with addition of some serrapeptase. The serrapeptase is a serine protease, whereas I believe the rest of the proteolytic enzymes in the blend are more cysteine protease.

Since it's hard to know the reasoning behind the blends, I can only guess that the cysteine protease do a good job of of cleaning up cysteine-based debri that form the plaque, and once the debri is removed, the remaining skeleton, if you will, will more easily be lysed by the serine protease, which is serrapeptase.

If the thrombin does act as a serine protease converting fibrinogen into insoluble strands of fibrin, it does no harm as the fibrin is excreted in urine. I can see the fibrin strands floating in the bowl after the bubbles in urine are gone. It's how, as I'm told by Dr. Wong, we know the enzymes are working in lysing my plaque. And on the possible harm, it's when the enzyme isn't self-limiting, as in the case of nattokinase without accompanying vitamin K. Serrapeptase is self-limiting.

Lastly, serrapeptase only eats up non-living objects, for lack of a word, so it doesn't destroy tissues at all, and does no harm.

Since I take weekly CBC blood tests, I can monitor the effect of using ZymEssence and compare it with using Serrapeptase by itself. When taken 3x/day of each, ZymEssence has a slower plaque lysing ability. The only way I can tell is thru the gradual increase in wbc and neutrophils, indicating that bacteria is being released slowly as plaque is lysed. Because I wasn't taking any antibiotic to deal with the bacteria released, I could use the wbc/neutrophil increase as a proxy to gauge the lysing action of the enzyme.

When I shifted to Serrapeptase at 3x/day for a total of 360,000 SPU, the lysing action skyrocketed. At the end of 4 days of use, I saw my wbc/neutrophils skyrocket. It showed a higher degree of low-level inflammatory and anti-bacterial activity. I had to stop all this supplementation for 2 weeks to let the body settle down and then 1 more week of 2x100 doxy to let the antibiotics restore the low level bacterial level to where it was when I started.

I'll resume a modified protocol, possibly 2x/day ZymEssence plus 1x Serrapeptase, with 2x100 doxycycline - and monitor wbc/neutrophils/rdw after a week of use. I want to lyse plaque at a constant pace rapidly enough without causing my innate immune system to react strongly, with the help of antibiotics. If I can manage to do this well, I hope to slowly lessen the plaque in my system. This can be verified by monitoring my RDW status. As the RDW value goes down, the more I can feel confident that my vascular system is being freed of plaque, and the river through which blood flows widen. Slowly, my blood pressure would decrease from having less friction losses as well as my vascular system being able to hold a higher volume of blood. And as bacteria is slowly suppressed to lower levels, the inflammatory burden would lessen as indicated by much lower wbc and neutrophil counts. And with less phagocytic activity needed to kill bacteria, more substrates and enzymes would be allocated for producing nitric oxide for vasodilatory action on the blood vessels, and the more my blood pressure would go down. Lastly, since less anti-oxidants (GSH) are used to counter the ROS spillover from phagocytosis, more anti-oxidants would be available to counter the oxidative stresses of mitocondrial respiratory activity, and thus my body can ably support a higher metabolic rate. This would be seen in higher heart rates.

Note: I noticed RDW increasing as I used ZymEssence alone. With serrapeptase it decreased. I think it's because ZymEssence cleans up cysteine-based debri and leaving serine-based remnants plugging up the passages, and this causes my RDW to increase. With serrapeptase use to clean up the skeleton leftover from the action of ZymEssence, the remnants can be lysed and RDW value can not only be kept from getting larger, but be reduced.

rei

It generates and disintegrates insoluble fibrin in accord with
autonomic balance to simultaneously govern a capillary gate
mechanism that regulates tissue perfusion, capillary hemostasis, and organ function and a turbulence
mechanism that regulates turbulent viscosity in arterial blood flow.

You might be causing more atherosclerosis and high blood pressure by inhibiting capillary flow with the activated thrombin and insoluble fibrin which results in turbulent flow reduction. The wbc&neutrophil count might not be from released bacteria but a natural result of activating the mammalian stress repair mechanism (thrombin-induced immune activity).

I'm just guessing here since this whole theory is still new to me, but it seems to perfectly explain how i was able to drop my blood pressure by 40 points by straightening my spine, which brought sympathetic/parasympathetic tone into balance. For decades i had existed in a stress response state.

OP
yerrag

yerrag

You might be causing more atherosclerosis and high blood pressure by inhibiting capillary flow with the activated thrombin and insoluble fibrin which results in turbulent flow reduction. The wbc&neutrophil count might not be from released bacteria but a natural result of activating the mammalian stress repair mechanism (thrombin-induced immune activity).

If you are right about this, it would really make it a Gordian knot to lyse my plaque, as the very process of lysing it creates new plaque, and I would be going in circles. So I hope you're off on this. A week from now, I'll have a better idea, though any conclusions drawn would change as I get more data points. What does your quote refer to by "it?"

I'm just guessing here since this whole theory is still new to me, but it seems to perfectly explain how i was able to drop my blood pressure by 40 points by straightening my spine, which brought sympathetic/parasympathetic tone into balance. For decades i had existed in a stress response state.
I fail to see how straightening your spine and the improvements in your blood pressure plays into your argument. But I'll try- Since you improved your stress response state by correcting your spine and it led to lower blood pressure, you're saying that the stress caused by thrombin producing insoluble fibrin as blood flow is disturbed would cause a response where wbc and neutrophils would increase their activity, leading to more plaque and higher blood pressure.

What I find puzzling is what exactly this mammalian stress is that would cause wbc and neutrophils to increase their activity? How does the insoluble fibrin become stressful to elicit an innate immune response? I think I should explore first what I feel is the more obvious explanation, which I would say is bacteria from disrupted biofilm being released into blood as the lysis of plaque progresses. At the very least I can imagine the bacteria eliciting the response.

Besides, I've described how I envision my approach would lead to the eventual solution in blood pressure being lowered as well as my metabolism being increased. I can connect the dots, even as these dots are still imaginary. But your version doesn't yet have an imagined happy ending. In fact, it seems to put me in a state of doom. I naturally prefer my version lol

OP
yerrag

yerrag

Here is the paper i have been digesting and quoted: Free Downloads

Dropbox - A Stress Repair Mechanism That Maintains Vertebrate Structure During Stress.pdf - Simplify your life

sympathetic activation causes vasoconstriction through coating capillaries with fibrin -> high blood pressure. The mechanism does this naturally, and you might be activating same process artificially with proteolytic enzymes.

That is a long 32 age read. So it will be a while before I can respond meaningfully to your post. The short links though, I got to read. Good that I have a very low ESR (erythrocyte sedimentation rate), zero actually at my last test a few months back, so it gives me a cushion just in case fibrin gets to increase the viscosity of my blood. Also, increasing the metabolism and the heart rate would ensure there is enough blood flow rate to help keep the flow turbulent so that atherosclerosis can be at least kept from developing. It's good that lately I've been able to increase my heart rate, which I would attribute to the use of antibiotics (as I had explained in my previous post or two).

Since there's no knowing what harm I may get myself into, caution is needed and as much as I'd like to rid myself of this hypertensive condition which I've been trying to shake off my back for 15 years, I should err on being slow.

----------------------------------
After reading on the Stress Response Mechanism (a good read, thanks!), it dawned on me that the key worry is with the fibrin, especially the insoluble one, and so I had to check if serrapeptidase can be fibrinolytic. And it appears that it is, and that it also helps with thickened blood.

I had already suspected that I might need the help of serrapeptidase to complement the use of Dr. Wong's ZymEssence, which I felt lacked enough serraptidase in its formulation. Since ZymEssence is used broadly for many conditions, it needed to be complemented with other supplements for targeted uses. In my case, it is to remove plaque. Dr. Wong indeed has other supplements that he recommends to be used together with ZymEssence. When I looked at these supplements' ingredients, Serrapeptase figures in as a component of these supplements.

As my recent experience with the use of Serrapeptase would point to, Serrapeptase usage would lead to a lower RDW value. I look at RDW as a marker for plaque, the lower the less plaque.

I can start using Serrapeptidase starting Saturday, at a dosage of 1 capsule of 120,000 SPU/day. I'll also take 2x100mg doxycycline as I need the antibiotic action to manage the release of bacteria as plaque is lysed by serrapeptidase. This would minimize the immune response from neutrophils, and minimize inflammatory activity. I'll be looking to see if at this dosage of serrapeptidase, it would be sufficient to lower the RDW value so that I could gauge its effectivity in having a net effect of reducing plaque and widening capillary flow passages.

It may be that I would need to increase the dosage. It just depends on what I found out when I take a CBC blood test after a week. WBC, Neutrophils, and RDW are the markers that I'll be looking at.

Last edited:
OP
yerrag

yerrag

Daily Monitoring : Heart rate. Urination frequency. Blood pressure. Pulse Pressure/Heart Rate.

These are what I would monitor daily to see if I needed to adjustment my dosage of enzymes and antibiotics and anti-oxidants:

• Heart rate - If high (75- 90), it means I'm not using I have enough anti-oxidant stores to balance the oxidative stress of high metabolism. It means that the bacterial infection in my vasculature does not require a strong immune system response and therefore, minimal anti-oxidants are used to quell ROS spillover from phagocytic activity from neutrophils. If low, I may need to either increase antibiotics or lower the dosage of proteolytic enzymes, or increase anti-oxidant intake (vitamin E, vitamin C)
  • Urination frequency - If very frequent, it means I'm taking too high a dosage of proteolytic enzymes such that too much bacteria is being released from biofilm disruption from a high rate of lysis of plaque. I need to adjust lower. Too much bacterial infection requires a stronger immune system response, and the byproducts of this response increase urine output, out of a need to excrete toxic byproducts.
  • Blood pressure - A relative increase in blood pressure during the day may mean that the lysis of plaque is releasing enough insoluble fibrin that ends up plugging up capillaries. The resulting narrower passages would require higher blood pressure to effect needed flow rate. Taking more serrapeptase to lyse the insoluble fibrin would be needed, as well as possibly lowering the intake of ZymEssence, a proteolytic enzyme blend.
  • [Pulse Presssure/Heart Rate] - allows me to see how pulse pressure responds relative to heart rate. the lower the better. This is helpful as it takes my focus from being solely on lowering blood pressure, and instead it would take into account my heart rate as well as pulse pressure. This puts a metabolic consideration in my recovery.
Weekly Monitoring: WBC, Neutrophils, RDW

• WBC and neutrophils together are used as proxy for monitoring low-level bacterial infection. A value between 4-6 x 10^9 WBC, and 40-60% neutrophils, is optimal. Currently at 7.7 WBC and 67% neutrophils. An increase would mean that the rate of bacteria being released as plaque is being lysed is too fast for my antibiotics to handle adequately, and this is is requiring more wbc and neutrophils to respond to the bacterial load. This would require me to lower my dosage of intake of proteolytic enzymes.
  • RDW - red blood cell distribution width. Optimal is below 13. Currently at 13.80. The higher the value, the more vessels are laden with plaque. This value is affected more by the smaller vessels - capillaries- than by the larger vessels - the arteries. Before I started using proteolytic enzymes, the value was 13.10. Using these enzymes for 2 months, this value increased to 13.8 My guess is that the lysis of plaque released insoluble fibrin which caused the capillaries to get further restricted from the fibrin plugging the passage. I believe that it was due to the use of ZymEssence not being balanced by the use of Serrapeptase. Lysing with ZymEssence left off chunks of debri that can be finished off with Serrapeptase, which without would have led to capillaries being further blocked by debri. By monitoring RDW, I could get to determine the right blend of dosage for ZymEssence and Serrapeptase.
In the coming weeks and months, I'll get to find the right blend of supplements that will allow me to gradually lower blood pressure to normal levels. It can happen only with the steady lowering of bacterial load in my vascular system, as monitored through wbc and neutrophils, and with the gradual elimination of plaque in my vascular system, as monitored with RDW.

Last edited:
OP
yerrag

yerrag

I was conflicted about posting so soon but I can't resist because I think I reached a watershed moment two nights ago. When I urinated, I did not see even one vesicle of foam forming in the bowl. I must be doing something right! This is a big thing for me because I believed the foam was caused by albumin being excreted in my urine. If there is no foam, it could mean that my kidneys isn't anymore allowing albumin to filter through. If I'm right on this, which I'll verify within the week (with serum albumin and urine albumin/creatinine tests), this very well could be the effect of albumin no longer getting oxidized. Albumin acts also as an anti-oxidant. Under conditions of excessive oxidative stress, albumin assumes its role as an anti-oxidant. In the process, it is oxidized and when it becomes oxidized albumin, it could get past the kidney filters and be excreted. This is something I've learned as I read up on albumin. Attached is what I've being reading.

Excited, I went ahead and got a CBC blood test to see if there's been any improvement in my CBC markets. And sure enough there is: my RBC went down 5.42 4 days ago to 5.17; Hemoglobin from 159 to 152, and Hematocrit from 0.46 to 0.44. Prior to this, these values wouldn't budge. When these vslues are high (beyond optimal values) they would point to some kidney problems as a probability. While this doesn't establish a trend yet, it's still very encouraging as it could very well mean that my kidneys are beginning to respond to my protocols.

My high blood pressure hasn't gone down significantly though, but it may just be that it's a lagging marker. I had noted that my kidneys had already started to show reduced performance (high creatinine, low eGFR, and low albumin) even before my blood pressure started to climb. So it may be the case that my kidneys would show improvement first before these improvements would be reflected in lower blood pressure readings.

I hope that this isn't a fluke and that I'll be able to see more improvements in the near future. This would validate my thesis that my condition of hypertension is a vascular problem centered on the kidneys, and of seeing and approaching it as a problem of atherosclerosis to be solved with proteolytic enzymes and antibiotics,

Attachments

• Osidized Albumin.pdf
    606 KB · Views: 5

Owen B

I have the frequent urination that I'm pretty sure is mineral related. Potassium citrate was awful, lots of increased tension in the chest. Potassium bicarbonate was not helpful at all. AFIB made worse. Also caused enormous urinary urge and frequency. I'm going to put a DIY magnesium bicarbonate together today.

Also, this is not Peaty and most people here are totally uninterested in this kind of thing but heart rate variability biofeedback lowers respiratory sinus arrhythmia and in turn lowers blood pressure. When I was in the midst of my salt-induced hypertension and AFIB it really helped me pull through. It works very effectively.

HeartMath Institute

Amazoniac

- Dietary sodium and blood pressure: interactions with other nutrients

"We [has previously] evaluated the effect of selective dietary chloride loading without sodium on the development of hypertension in Dahl S rats. Selective chloride loading (provided as glycine chloride), like selective sodium loading, fails to produce hypertension, whereas animals fed a comparably high amount of chloride provided as sodium chloride become hypertensive (9). Additionally, in salt-sensitive SHRs, compared with animals fed high amounts of sodium chloride, the development of sodium chloride-induced hypertension is attenuated by high-chloride diets provided as glycine chloride and choline chloride (10)."

"Limited evidence suggests that the salt sensitivity of blood pressure also depends on high intakes of both sodium and chloride in humans. More than 45 y ago, Grollman et al (11) and Dole et al (12) observed that dietary supplementation with ammonium chloride failed to increase blood pressure in hypertensive humans after dietary sodium chloride restriction had decreased blood pressure. In 1929, Benghoff and Geraci (13) reported that blood pressure increased in seven hypertensive persons with high sodium chloride intakes but not with high sodium bicarbonate intakes. This observation was subsequently confirmed. In five hypertensive patients, Shore et al (14) reported that sodium chloride feeding induced a greater rise in blood pressure than did sodium phosphate feeding. Similarly, Kurtz et al (15) reported that blood pressure was increased by a high sodium chloride intake but not by equimolar sodium loading provided as sodium citrate in five sodium chloride-deprived men with essential hypertension."

"Several of these studies highlight the importance of expansion of the extracellular fluid volume for the development of sodium chloride-sensitive hypertension, because extracellular fluid or plasma volumes are expanded by dietary sodium chloride but not by nonchloride salts of sodium (6, 15). Further studies with these diets should provide additional information about mechanisms by which dietary sodium chloride increases arterial pressure."

"A chloride deficiency syndrome has been described in infants fed chloride-deficient but not sodiumdeficient diets (60). Clinical features of this syndrome include loss of appetite, failure to thrive, hematunia, and severe hypokalemic metabolic alkalosis."

"Both epidemiologic and clinical evidence suggest that diets low in potassium or calcium content amplify the effect of a high sodium chloride intake on blood pressure. Consequently, it is prudent to recommend adequate {ie, the recommended dietary allowance (61)] intakes of both potassium and calcium because of a potential effect on blood pressure as well as for other health reasons. In rodents a high intake of simple carbohydrates also potentiates the capacity of sodium chloride to increase blood pressure. However, the interaction between sucrose and sodium chloride has not been evaluated in humans and should be a fruitful [tut] area for future study."​

Related:
- Biochemical features of dietary chloride deficiency syndrome: A comparative study of 30 cases

OP
yerrag

yerrag

Just finished reading Ray Peat's latest newsletter (Sep 2019). One of the things that stand out is the mention of endotoxins being serotogenic. And of serotonin causing blood vessel constriction. I can't help but relate this to my experience of the past few months. I had started taking proteolytic enzymes to lyse capillary plaque (as well as immune complex) that I suspect impede the flow in my glomerular capillaries (in the kidneys). To make a long story short, my blood pressure increased instead. I suspect it was due to the endotoxins being released, and it would appear that the endotoxins themselves are causing the increase in blood pressure.

I think that I have to add some anti-serotogenic tools to my arsenal to lower my blood pressure. Thinking that black tea and non-aocoholic red wine, which has phenolic compounds, would help. So I'm going to test these. Also, air ionizers would help as the negative ions would help with removing the serotonin as they are carried by platelets to the lungs. I think Ray talked about the negative ions increasing superoxide, which oxidizes the serotonin.

In the newsletter, Ray also mentions the release of carbon dioxide in the lungs as helpful for removing serotonin from the blood that passes through the lungs. This factoid answers something I have been wondering about - why when I increased my control pause with Buteyko, my blood pressure would increase. It would seem that for some reason, in my context, the increase in CO2 in my blood was increasing serotonin, and this was causing my blood pressure to increase further. I was retaining CO2 and in doing so, I was impeding the removal of serotonin from my blood.

I know people will say that isn't their experience and I don't know how to reconcile what I was experiencing to theirs. Perhaps at the time I was doing Buteyko, I had a periodontal infection and it was a source of endotoxins going to my blood stream. And because endotoxin was serotogenic, I had plenty of serotonin that needed to be expelled through the lungs. Since Buteyko was meant to retain more CO2, it was inadvertently causing more serotonin to be retained as well.

Last edited:
OP
yerrag

yerrag

I am almost at wit's end in bring down my high blood pressure levels. Lately, instead of it going down, it has gone higher - thanks to my tireless efforts!

The last reading I got today was 213/138, which is a lot worse than when I stabilized at 180/120 over a year ago. This is already after I had the original cause of my high blood pressure eliminated last year - periodontal infection. Perhaps I would be better off letting things be after that event. But no, I had to try using proteolytic enzymes to lyse the capillary (and arterial) plaque, to clear the piping, so to speak. Little did I know that this would trigger both bacteria and endotoxins to be released, as they are let loose from the plaque.

Observing CBC blood tests, I could see my WBC go up, indicating an increased immune response, with the neutrophil count going up because of the increased bacterial presence in blood, as well as increased monocyte, which I believe to be associated with increased macrophage activity in dealing with endotoxins. As I look back to my CBC records of 2002, when I last had regular blood pressure of 120/80, I realized that my monocyte was at a low value of 3.0, which was less than half of my current monocyte, at 6.7.

It is on this basis that I believe that it is the endotoxins in my system that is the chief cause of my high blood pressure. Monocytes turn into macrophages, and macrophages are involved in the TLR4 inflammatory response to endotoxins. As long as the TLR4 response is active, my monocytes will remain high. With this inflammatory response present, needed substates such as NADPH for producing nitric oxide as a vasodilator will be diverted, and this would be a cause for high blood pressure.

Another cause of high blood pressure is the low level of albumin in my blood. At 42, it is about 5 points lower than the value when my blood pressure was normal, at 47. Albumin attracts sodium ions, and with less albumin, less sodium ions are attracted to form plasma. With less sodium in the plasma, less water can be attracted by osmosis from the ecf into plasma. With less plasma, there is less blood volume. With less blood volume, blood pressure would have to increase to compensate for the lower blood volume.

Albumin is low because albumin is being used to bind with endotoxin into a complex, which would allow endotoxin to be safely excreted through urinary and fecal routes.

Given that the use of proteolytic enzymes to lyse plaque causes more endotoxins to be released, I was considering stopping altogether the use of proteolytic enzymes. But since the enzymes are needed to lyse plaque (as well as immune complexes, formed from antibodies and antigens), I cannot dispense with the use of such enzymes. I would have to either cycle the use of these enzymes, or use them at a lower dosage, such that I can continue to unblock the glomerular capillaries in my kidneys. The kidneys is where my hypertension originates. This is evidenced by my high serum creatinine, establishing that I have lower glomerular filtration rates, a sign of poor kidney condition, and the kidney's condition of microalbuminuria, where the kidneys are allowing albumin to pass through, which it shouldn't be doing

I now have to find a way also to manage the endotoxins in the blood such that: 1) it gets excreted out with a rapid transit time, and 2)the TLR4 inflammatory response is controlled and minimized.

So, in summary, I would continue to lyse kidney glomerular capillary plaque, albeit at a reduced rate (in order to control the rate of endotoxin release from lysed plaque) and then to avail of the use of substances that would control the inflammatory TLR4 response.

to be continued...

Last edited:

Collden

You try a low-VA diet?

I'm 34 and have been a stage 2 hypertensive for the past 5 years, has not responded to anything I've tried in the past like fasting, exercise, low-fat, Bueteyko, etc.. 5 months ago my blood pressure reached a high of 200/95. After 10 weeks of low-VA diet it was down to 130/80. I since stopped doing low-VA and am back to consuming close to RDI levels for the past couple months, but my blood pressure is still down. I also started eating much more saturated fat about 2 weeks ago, don't know if this has played any role but saturated fat supposedly helps over time with lowering endotoxin.

OP
yerrag

yerrag

You try a low-VA diet?

I'm 34 and have been a stage 2 hypertensive for the past 5 years, has not responded to anything I've tried in the past like fasting, exercise, low-fat, Bueteyko, etc.. 5 months ago my blood pressure reached a high of 200/95. After 10 weeks of low-VA diet it was down to 130/80. I since stopped doing low-VA and am back to consuming close to RDI levels for the past couple months, but my blood pressure is still down. I also started eating much more saturated fat about 2 weeks ago, don't know if this has played any role but saturated fat supposedly helps over time with lowering endotoxin.

That's a great success story! And I'm happy for you. 5 years is a long time to try many things, and it's a good thing you were open to trying out low VA. It's the beauty of the sinplicity of the solution. I'll have to give that a try when my stab at lowering BP fails as I continue pursuing my angle. I'm almost sure that it's my periodontal infection that caused my initial hypertension, and my current state is the result of the plaque from the infection. I've already built the coffin, and I just need to nail it once I find the carcass lol!