iLoveSugar

Do you think aspirin would help against esophageal cancer or even inflammation? What other things would be good for this? Every time throughout my life that I have been scoped, I've been told its very irritated and inflammed.

mrchibbs

Do you think aspirin would help against esophageal cancer or even inflammation? What other things would be good for this? Every time throughout my life that I have been scoped, I've been told its very irritated and inflammed.

Yes. 100% Yes! Yes! Yes!

I've also struggled with esophagal troubles. (gerd, dysphagia, ulcers, etc.)

From my research, aspirin is the single best thing to prevent all GI tract pathologies and cancer. It's seemingly not as impactful for other cancers like lung and brain cancer, but for ulcers, stomach, intestinal, rectal and colon cancer it's super protective. A simple search shows this.

Especially when combined with baking soda and gelatin (I dissolve all 3 with hot water), it's potentially the best prevention possible. Gelatin itself is like the 2nd best thing to soothe the digestive tract, and is essential in my opinion, because aspirin can deplete glycine. The baking soda helps to fully dissolve the aspirin and prevent any irritation.

haidut

Forum Supporter

Gelatin may be a better option, but aspirin should help too. You can combine both, they are synergistic and in fact aspirin/glycine combo is sold as a drug in former Soviet countries.
GERD (acid Reflux) Is Caused By Inflammation, Not Stomach Acid
Glycine Can Completely Prevent Esophagus Damage Caused By GERD
Aspirin (but Not Other NSAID) Treats Barrett’s Esophagus And Possibly GERD

The GERD drug famotidine may help too but not because it lowers stomach acid. It has trophic effects on the gastric mucosa and anti-serotonin, anti-inflammatory effects. In doses of about 20mg daily it does not really affect acid production yet it still has been shown to treat/prevent Barrett's.

Jkbp

Forum Supporter
Yes. 100% Yes! Yes! Yes!

I've also struggled with esophagal troubles. (gerd, dysphagia, ulcers, etc.)

From my research, aspirin is the single best thing to prevent all GI tract pathologies and cancer. It's seemingly not as impactful for other cancers like lung and brain cancer, but for ulcers, stomach, intestinal, rectal and colon cancer it's super protective. A simple search shows this.

Especially when combined with baking soda and gelatin (I dissolve all 3 with hot water), it's potentially the best prevention possible. Gelatin itself is like the 2nd best thing to soothe the digestive tract, and is essential in my opinion, because aspirin can deplete glycine. The baking soda helps to fully dissolve the aspirin and prevent any irritation.
How much powdered aspirin and how much glycine do you use? Do you mix them together in warm water? Once a day? With meals? Thanks!

mrchibbs

How much powdered aspirin and how much glycine do you use? Do you mix them together in warm water? Once a day? With meals? Thanks!

I eye ball it to be honest. Roughly 500mg of aspirin + 1/2tsp of baking soda and 1/2tsp of gelatin usually, mix all three dry ingredients with a spoon and then cover with an inch of boiling water, everything should dissolve completely, you can stir it a little to help it along. After that I typically fill the rest of the glass with juice.

Jkbp

Forum Supporter
I eye ball it to be honest. Roughly 500mg of aspirin + 1/2tsp of baking soda and 1/2tsp of gelatin usually, mix all three dry ingredients with a spoon and then cover with an inch of boiling water, everything should dissolve completely, you can stir it a little to help it along. After that I typically fill the rest of the glass with juice.
Thank you!