Erectile Dysfunction Part 4: Effective Supplements

Spartan300

Hi @Hans, good article, another nice detailed account, thanks.

One question - you talk about niacin after dinner for sleep and growth hormone. In this context are you referring specifically to niacin rather than niacinamide?

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Hi @Hans, good article, another nice detailed account, thanks.

One question - you talk about niacin after dinner for sleep and growth hormone. In this context are you referring specifically to niacin rather than niacinamide?
Yes, niacin, not niacinamide.

L-Citrulline is reported by many sources to be more effective at producing NO2 in the body than L-Arginine because L-Citrulline works further downstream. I think I got that right but probably better to read up on it yourself

japanesedude

500mg niacinamide gives me morning wood.
100mg B2 increase libido and improve erection quality.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
L-Citrulline is reported by many sources to be more effective at producing NO2 in the body than L-Arginine because L-Citrulline works further downstream. I think I got that right but probably better to read up on it yourself
Yes, but is it more effective? Maybe safer, but not necessarily more effective.
nice work Hans!
Thanks man!
500mg niacinamide gives me morning wood.
100mg B2 increase libido and improve erection quality.
Thanks for sharing.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
There appears to be some evidence that it is a more efficient way of increasing L-Arginine in the bloodstream than by supplementing L-Arginine itself.
Supplemental Citrulline Is More Efficient Than Arginine in Increasing Systemic Arginine Availability in Mice
Research shows that both citrulline and arginine are low in people with ED, so supplementing citrulline should be best as then the conversion to arginine is controlled. Plus, in some studies, researchers use 1.5g citrulline compared to 5-10g arginine, so I'd say citrulline is safer.

Aries

@Hans

Do you think raising nitric oxide by arginine/citrulline is more or less safe than by dietary nitrates?

If arginine or other precursors for nitric oxide are supplemented, is it more likely that in a state of low inflammation iNOS is not activated as much as in inflamed state? Is inflammation the main factor increasing iNOS expression?

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
@Hans

Do you think raising nitric oxide by arginine/citrulline is more or less safe than by dietary nitrates?

If arginine or other precursors for nitric oxide are supplemented, is it more likely that in a state of low inflammation iNOS is not activated as much as in inflamed state? Is inflammation the main factor increasing iNOS expression?
Both have their downsides, but dietary nitrates are probably better because the plants contain anti-oxidant as well which should prevent oxidative damage.
Endotoxins, infections and inflammation are the main drivers of iNOS, so if those are absent then supplemental arginine and citrulline are safer. However, even eNOS can create enough NO to cause oxidative stress if anti-oxidants are low. Arginine isn't the rate-limited substrate for eNOS, but excess arginine can increase polyamines which could fuel cancer growth.

Research shows that both citrulline and arginine are low in people with ED, so supplementing citrulline should be best as then the conversion to arginine is controlled. Plus, in some studies, researchers use 1.5g citrulline compared to 5-10g arginine, so I'd say citrulline is safer.
Exactly

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals