Epsom Salt/Aspirin/B3/Baking Soda Baths

Birdie

I started these baths when I first found Peat. If I remember right, he recommended baking soda, Mg sulfate and aspirin.

Nowadays I do a foot bath in my tub when my foot needs it. I use a small handful of aspirin. I think Ray said he uses around 20. Then a couple of scoops of epsom salts. I use the cheapest I can find and avoid the ones with additives. Then around a cup of baking soda.

I used to love the bath and often listened to Ray Peat interviews and did stretching. I would take several baths a week. Now, it's just when my foot hurts after I walk too much or on hard surfaces.

kaybb

I started these baths when I first found Peat. If I remember right, he recommended baking soda, Mg sulfate and aspirin.

Nowadays I do a foot bath in my tub when my foot needs it. I use a small handful of aspirin. I think Ray said he uses around 20. Then a couple of scoops of epsom salts. I use the cheapest I can find and avoid the ones with additives. Then around a cup of baking soda.

I used to love the bath and often listened to Ray Peat interviews and did stretching. I would take several baths a week. Now, it's just when my foot hurts after I walk too much or on hard surfaces.
Very inspiring .. just waiting for my Epson salts order. So the baths helps body pain ?

Dolomite

Forum Supporter
Very inspiring .. just waiting for my Epson salts order. So the baths helps body pain ?
We have been soaking our feet almost every evening for the last 7 years. We started because my husband had injured his heel. I liked the idea of it so I got my own tub and we love it. It is very relaxing and a great way to read before bed. I don't know if it is will help with overall body pain but it won't hurt. We use about 1/2 cup in a big dish pan that will hold both feet.

Waldoj

Wow 20 aspirin?! Seems like a lot but I guess the body only absorbs a small amount from the water. If the dose is about 20 for a foot bath I wonder how many for a full body bath?

Birdie

Wow 20 aspirin?! Seems like a lot but I guess the body only absorbs a small amount from the water. If the dose is about 20 for a foot bath I wonder how many for a full body bath?
Just saw this and I think we were using the same amount of aspirin in the tub.
Edit: We weren't using a footbath tub. I put this in the bathtub for a body bath. Haven't done it in years as of now, Feb 2023.

Last edited:

FitnessMike

I wonder whether you can easily saturate your body with magnesium by doing a few baths a week.

I also wonder whether it won't be too acidic as magnesium chloride is.

I also wonder how much magnesium baths contributed to your recovery.

Andro Chad

@Velve921 4lbs epsom salt means 1,8kg???
This would mean my 5kg tub would be empty after 3 days. Then I would have to buy 10 tubes per month each 5kg 25€ This means 250€ per month for Magnesium Epsom Salt? Can somebody confirm that 4lbs means 1,8kg? Thx

Dolomite

Forum Supporter
This would mean my 5kg tub would be empty after 3 days. Then I would have to buy 10 tubes per month each 5kg 25€ This means 250€ per month for Magnesium Epsom Salt? Can somebody confirm that 4lbs means 1,8kg? Thx
There are 2.2 lbs in 1 kg. So multiply 1.8 kg x 2.2 lbs/kg = 3.96 lbs (or 4 lbs)

I decided I was getting too much magnesium with my every evening foot soaks of 1/2 cup in a big pan of water. I was waking up hungry in the night too often. So now if I use the soak, I only use 1/8 cup. Also, adding baking soda made the insomnia worse. I can see why the thread starter felt energized and didn't need to nap when he took the bath in the morning.

Andro Chad

There are 2.2 lbs in 1 kg. So multiply 1.8 kg x 2.2 lbs/kg = 3.96 lbs (or 4 lbs)

I decided I was getting too much magnesium with my every evening foot soaks of 1/2 cup in a big pan of water. I was waking up hungry in the night too often. So now if I use the soak, I only use 1/8 cup. Also, adding baking soda made the insomnia worse. I can see why the thread starter felt energized and didn't need to nap when he took the bath in the morning.
Thx for the answer. Now I‘m sitting in a hot bath tube with 1/2 cup of epsom salt lets see how it goes :)

OP
Velve921

Velve921

Hey buddy,

First off, I would only use the amount to which your body responds to. So you may not need that much.

When I use to coach pro athletes some of them needed 4 lbs everyday but with the amount of energy they expended then the excessive budget was worth it.

As of yet, I have not seen a non-high performance human being need that much. But again, that depends on the person.

When I use to do a lot of epsom salt baths I was using about 1lb per bath, per day, typically. So 30 lbs per month.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals