Enlarged Breasts Are Treated With Progesterone

dreamcatcher

I recently came across an article when I was searching for how to correct UNDERDEVELOPED breasts. This site says
Search conditions | The London Clinic
that enlarged breasts are treated with tamoxifen, progesterone or testosterone. What's going on? Previously I was recommended to use progesterone to help breast growth. It's a bit confusing
( Progesterone didn't help my breasts grow so far since Peating since 2014.)

ddjd

I recently came across an article when I was searching for how to correct UNDERDEVELOPED breasts. This site says
that enlarged breasts are treated with tamoxifen, progesterone or testosterone. What's going on? Previously I was recommended to use progesterone to help breast growth. It's a bit confusing
wouldnt that suggest estrogen is the driving force behind breast growth. progesterone, testosterone, they are estrogen antagonists.

OP
D

dreamcatcher

But I was recommended progesterone (and thyroid) along with plenty of calories by Ray Peat for breast growth.

Peatful

But I was recommended progesterone (and thyroid) along with plenty of calories by Ray Peat for breast growth.
Hi @Rosie

FWIW

For me, these three that Peat recommended enlarged my cup size but not band size.

I was starting off very underweight mind you.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
The link came up empty for me so I couldn't read the article. Did they use bioidentical progesterone or synthetic progestin?
I had breast growth from progesterone but I suppose it's possible it liberated some tissue bound estrogen? One of our forum members @SaltGirl talked about her experience with breast growth and she used estradiol and progesterone for transition. Her take on it was that estradiol made her breast tubular in shape and progesterone rounded them out. Perhaps she will share her experiences.

OP
D

dreamcatcher

Hi @Peatful thank you for commenting, I wonder what FWIW means?

Hi @Blossom I wonder how I could get estradiol? My NHS doctor laughed at me when I approached him with my problems and said I can't have hormone imbalance because I have regular periods

Peatful

@Rosie

FWIW means “for what it’s worth “

OP
D

dreamcatcher

Oh thank you! Unfortunately I never tried cynoplus and it's now discontinued at farmaciasdelnino.

Peatful

Mymexicandrugstore may have?

OP
D

dreamcatcher

@Blossom I don't know..the link doesn't work for me either for some strange reason. Nothing specific was mentioned about the types of products though. If you type 'why you have underdeveloped breasts' on Google, it's the top link.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I wonder how I could get estradiol?
I'm not recommending estradiol. I was just explaining saltgirls perspective on the different hormones on her breast growth. She transitioned from male to female so that is why she used estradiol. I personally increased one cup size with progesterone but I was also using thyroid. I actually increased more than that for a while but I think it was just weight gain. Once my weight normalized my cup size has remained one size larger than what it was pre-Peat.

OP
D

dreamcatcher

@Blossom thank you, I've read on a breast growth forum that products would only work if your body has optimal temperature so that might explain why progesterone worked for you in combination with a thyroid supplement
Where do you buy yours from? (Thyroid)

haidut

Forum Supporter
OP
D

dreamcatcher

@haidut thank you you recommended that to me last year and I managed to order some liquid DHEA from Europe, though it was difficult because it's a prescription drug.
I'm not sure whether pure encapsulations' DHEA would be effective as it's in capsules.
I tried the liquid for a week but discontinued it because I developed eye bags. What could have gone wrong?

Last edited:

haidut

Forum Supporter
@haidut thank you you recommended that to me last year and I managed to order some liquid DHEA from Europe, though it was difficult because it's a prescription drug. I'm not sure how pure encapsulations DHEA would dissolve?
So I tried the liquid for a week but discontinued it because I developed eye bags. What could have gone wrong?

There are probably excipients in most encapsulated DHEA products. You can get powder without excipients from many US vendors. The eye bags could be from estrogen or allergic reactions, so I would try a powder dissolved in oil again and if it does give the eye bags then add progesterone and/or vitamin E to control aromatization.

OP
D

dreamcatcher

@haidut I'm about to order some powder from purebulk but there's a warning on the site that it might cause hair loss or hair growth on the face.
I already have alopecia areata, do you think I will have hair left at the end of the experiment? Lol
What should be the ratio of DHEA/progesterone and how many mg per day would you recommend? Thank you.

haidut

Forum Supporter
@haidut I'm about to order some powder from purebulk but there's a warning on the site that it might cause hair loss or hair growth on the face.
I already have alopecia areata, do you think I will have hair left at the end of the experiment? Lol
What should be the ratio of DHEA/progesterone and how many mg per day would you recommend? Thank you.

I think this warning is given for all steroids, including pregnenolone. Peat said a ratio of 1:1 progesterone:DHEA is probably OK for most people. He now uses 2:1 ratio but said 1:1 is also OK.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals