Energy

Jing

What's the best way to get energy? I just seem to never have energy anymore you see that feeling when you first wake up and you feel drowsy and weak I seem to have this constantly..

mostlylurking

Poor energy = poor mitochondrial function. Thyroid hormone deficiency and/or blockage interfere with mitochondrial function. Thiamine deficiency and/or blockage interfere with mitochondrial function.

OP
J

Jing

Poor energy = poor mitochondrial function. Thyroid hormone deficiency and/or blockage interfere with mitochondrial function. Thiamine deficiency and/or blockage interfere with mitochondrial function.
So how do you treat this? I don't feel anything from vitamin b1 or thyroid tbh.

Broco6679

Have you had your cortisol levels checked? People ***t on cortisol around these parts, but if your levels are low, don't rise in response to stress or your awakening response is impaired it doesn't matter how much testosterone, thyroid, preg, prog, etc, you take, you'll still have zero energy.

OP
J

Jing

Have you had your cortisol levels checked? People ***t on cortisol around these parts, but if your levels are low, don't rise in response to stress or your awakening response is impaired it doesn't matter how much testosterone, thyroid, preg, prog, etc, you take, you'll still have zero energy.
Na never had them checked not sure how to get them checked either tbh I've asked doctors about testing cortisol before they said I wouldn't need testing at my age.

equipoise

Na never had them checked not sure how to get them checked either tbh I've asked doctors about testing cortisol before they said I wouldn't need testing at my age.
Be assertive and insist on it. If they still won't, pay out of your own pocket. You need AM & PM test (both). There's also intracellular cortisol that can't be detected FWIW

OP
J

Jing

Be assertive and insist on it. If they still won't, pay out of your own pocket. You need AM & PM test (both). There's also intracellular cortisol that can't be detected FWIW
What's best urine or saliva tests? Kinda expensive.

OP
J

Jing

Have you had thyroid bloodwork? How did you take the b1? Dosage?
Few years ago yh tsh was 4.1 . And orally I've done several dosages , 100mg, 500mg , 1000mg , 3000mg . 500mg 3 times a day . Used both thiamine HCl and benfothiamine . Benfo I used 1.2 grams just don't seem to feel anything .

mostlylurking

Few years ago yh tsh was 4.1 . And orally I've done several dosages , 100mg, 500mg , 1000mg , 3000mg . 500mg 3 times a day . Used both thiamine HCl and benfothiamine . Benfo I used 1.2 grams just don't seem to feel anything .
Have you worked with a competent endocrinologist? Your tsh is extremely high. Alarmingly high. High levels of TSH cause inflammation and other issues. This is a serious condition. I cannot make sense of the reported different dosages.

Regarding thiamine, have you looked into the information on youtube channel EONutrition here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFqXidfUsI0vm73xsBMIQdQ? start with this one:

Also the Dr. Chandler Marrs video here:

I've had both hypothyroidism and thiamine deficiency/blocked thiamine simultaneously for the past 9 months. You could easily be suffering with both, which makes recovery a little more complicated because both of these block mitochondrial function.

OP
J

Jing

Have you worked with a competent endocrinologist? Your tsh is extremely high. Alarmingly high. High levels of TSH cause inflammation and other issues. This is a serious condition. I cannot make sense of the reported different dosages.

Regarding thiamine, have you looked into the information on youtube channel EONutrition here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFqXidfUsI0vm73xsBMIQdQ? start with this one:

Also the Dr. Chandler Marrs video here:

I've had both hypothyroidism and thiamine deficiency/blocked thiamine simultaneously for the past 9 months. You could easily be suffering with both, which makes recovery a little more complicated because both of these block mitochondrial function.

No I haven't my doctor's said it was normal tsh so nothing happened with it . I will look at the videos tomorrow .

mostlylurking

No I haven't my doctor's said it was normal tsh so nothing happened with it . I will look at the videos tomorrow .
I think you would find it helpful to read Ray Peat's articles on tsh and thyroid: Programmable Search Engine Start with this one: Thyroid: Therapies, Confusion, and Fraud

An article here: “Normal” TSH: Marker for Increased Risk of Fatal Coronary Heart Disease – Functional Performance Systems (FPS) states: TSH>1.4 equates to increased risk for coronary heart disease mortality in women.

A collection of Ray Peat quotes about tsh and inflammation: Inflammatory TSH – Functional Performance Systems (FPS)

Keeping a diary of temperature and pulse will help you know what your body is doing. Danny Roddy's article could be helpful: https://www.patreon.com/posts/14839477

Broda Barnes' book, Hypothyroidism: the Unsuspected Illness would also be helpful: Amazon product ASIN 069001029X

Last edited:
OP
J

Jing

I think you would find it helpful to read Ray Peat's articles on tsh and thyroid: Programmable Search Engine Start with this one: Thyroid: Therapies, Confusion, and Fraud

An article here: “Normal” TSH: Marker for Increased Risk of Fatal Coronary Heart Disease – Functional Performance Systems (FPS) states: TSH>1.4 equates to increased risk for coronary heart disease mortality in women.

A collection of Ray Peat quotes about tsh and inflammation: Inflammatory TSH – Functional Performance Systems (FPS)

Keeping a diary of temperature and pulse will help you know what your body is doing. Danny Roddy's article could be helpful: https://www.patreon.com/posts/14839477

Broda Barnes' book, Hypothyroidism: the Unsuspected Illness would also be helpful: Amazon product ASIN 069001029X
I have read the articles before but knowing about how bad it is doesn't help me solve the issue .

mostlylurking

I have read the articles before but knowing about how bad it is doesn't help me solve the issue .
I found this website a few months ago. I plan to try them out if I find myself without a good endocrinologist. My 84 year old endocrinologist is a very rare doctor, I don't know how much longer he will be practicing medicine.

OP
J

Jing

I found this website a few months ago. I plan to try them out if I find myself without a good endocrinologist. My 84 year old endocrinologist is a very rare doctor, I don't know how much longer he will be practicing medicine.

I'm in the UK and I wouldn't have the money for that anyways.

Vileplume

Okay. 80 is a solid/desirable heart rate, for me at least, but knowing your temp would really help. Dr. Peat frequently talks about the value of increasing body temperature, because it provides a pretty direct reflection of your cellular energy level

OP
J

Jing

Okay. 80 is a solid/desirable heart rate, for me at least, but knowing your temp would really help. Dr. Peat frequently talks about the value of increasing body temperature, because it provides a pretty direct reflection of your cellular energy level
The only problem with testing temperature everytime I read about testing I get different options, like what thermometer to use and how to test armpits , mouth etc. And wouldn't my temperature be higher say the day is hotter than the day before or the heat has been on in the house etc??

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals