Calcium.

One of the most important functions of calcium is not the creation of
bone tissue. It is the regulation of metabolism. Calcium tends to slow
down the metabolic rate. It is part of the body’s natural ‘braking’
system.

It is no coincidence that newborns, who have an extremely high
rate of metabolism – have relatively low calcium levels. As we age,
the body begins to apply the calcium ‘brake’. Tissue calcium levels
rise higher and higher and the metabolism slows down.
Calcium lines the cell membrane. A low level of tissue calcium
allows the membrane to be more permeable – thus increasing the
speed of metabolism. A high level of tissue calcium reduces the
permeability of the cell membrane, thus slowing down the metabolic
rate.

Calcium is one of the most misunderstood nutrients. The
unfortunate truth is that most individuals do not have a true calcium
deficiency. What they have is an inability to utilize the excess
calcium that is already in their tissues.
To consume calcium that you do not need is to accelerate your
decline into slow metabolism – and into old age.
Interesting because so diametrically opposed to Peat's teaching. Reminds me of Joel Fuhrman the vegetarian saying milk is a nonfood and advocating forcing yourself to eat raw kale for exercise.

L

lollipop

After rereading the thread with Haidut, Goldev and reading up on the oxidative theory for a few days, and thinking about Peat's clarity on so many processes, my GENERAL observations:

*People metabolizing/oxidizing at a different rate, makes sense.

*Different physiological/biochemical starting points make sense.

*Different nutritional needs make sense.

*Restricting PUFA makes sense.

*Sugar/fructose nutritional support of some level under most circumstances makes sense.

*Whether several theories about cause of observed symptoms or biochemical operations vary or differ, this forum holds enough evidence of different reactions to a "loosely held dietary overview".

*Experimentation and individual adaptation of theoretical understanding of biochemical processes in support of individual wellness/well being makes sense.

*Helping a system reach a state of generative energy, where it functions from healthy metabolism, healthy thyroid functioning in lieu of driving stress pathways to generate energy makes sense.

*The theory outlined by Eck makes a few good contributions, but not as researched, comprehensive, or as fleshed out as Peat's.

*For different systems to thrive on Peat's conclusions might need individual "tweaks".

*People are open dynamic systems and might need regular adjustments based on situational/environmental/and or time factors.

AJC

After rereading the thread with Haidut, Goldev and reading up on the oxidative theory for a few days, and thinking about Peat's clarity on so many processes, my GENERAL observations:

*People metabolizing/oxidizing at a different rate, makes sense.

*Different physiological/biochemical starting points make sense.

*Different nutritional needs make sense.

*Restricting PUFA makes sense.

*Sugar/fructose nutritional support of some level under most circumstances makes sense.

*Whether several theories about cause of observed symptoms or biochemical operations vary or differ, this forum holds enough evidence of different reactions to a "loosely held dietary overview".

*Experimentation and individual adaptation of theoretical understanding of biochemical processes in support of individual wellness/well being makes sense.

*Helping a system reach a state of generative energy, where it functions from healthy metabolism, healthy thyroid functioning in lieu of driving stress pathways to generate energy makes sense.

*The theory outlined by Eck makes a few good contributions, but not as researched, comprehensive, or as fleshed out as Peat's.

*For different systems to thrive on Peat's conclusions might need individual "tweaks".

*People are open dynamic systems and might need regular adjustments based on situational/environmental/and or time factors.

Just to be fair to the "Theory of Eck" (and I think to really be fair you have to include the "Theory of Watts" as well, as they developed this knowledge as a partnership in research before going their seperate ways-- http://traceelements.com/EducationalResources/NewsLetter.aspx) it always seemed to me that their work was much more concerned with balancing the minerals and mineral ratios through a comprehensive supplement program designed individually for the purpose, and that this was where the benefits of their program were to be found. Their real contribution was in determining the function and interactions of various minerals in the body and how to optimize them, something no one else was working on at the time, and as far as I know, no one else today really is. Peat's work has not really touched on this process or phenomenon as far as I know (aside from iron).

L

lollipop

Just to be fair to the "Theory of Eck" (and I think to really be fair you have to include the "Theory of Watts" as well, as they developed this knowledge as a partnership in research before going their seperate ways-- http://traceelements.com/EducationalResources/NewsLetter.aspx) it always seemed to me that their work was much more concerned with balancing the minerals and mineral ratios through a comprehensive supplement program designed individually for the purpose, and that this was where the benefits of their program were to be found. Their real contribution was in determining the function and interactions of various minerals in the body and how to optimize them, something no one else was working on at the time, and as far as I know, no one else today really is. Peat's work has not really touched on this process or phenomenon as far as I know (aside from iron).
Makes sense. Not knocking it. I imagine some innovation was/is involved. I saw some concern of juxtaposition against Peat and as you clearly stated, really can't be done. I do not claim to at all be thoroughly informed on the matter. A few days of research settles my lack of authority. I am simply appreciating the comprehensiveness of a grander picture Peat is trying to get at. His is not by any means perfect and as you highlighted might have some gaps. I see Peat as a brilliant light that acts as pointing out directions...

AJC

Makes sense. Not knocking it. I imagine some innovation was/is involved. I saw some concern of juxtaposition against Peat and as you clearly stated, really can't be done. I do not claim to at all be thoroughly informed on the matter. A few days of research settles my lack of authority. I am simply appreciating the comprehensiveness of a grander picture Peat is trying to get at. His is not by any means perfect and as you highlighted might have some gaps. I see Peat as a brilliant light that acts as pointing out directions...

I agree :)

lampofred

Thanks for posting this interview. This interview combined with Peaty principles has been the jackpot for me, at least so far. In particular, the principle about getting more zinc than copper has been doing me a lot of good. My appetite is getting huge again, I'm becoming very social again, and my hair is growing back massively. I guess I was in burnout... In particular, my hair has been growing back so quickly that the (albeit small) bald spot and slightly receding hair line I used to have are completely gone. My hairline is literally square. And I have the friendliness and sociability I used to have. I hope these principles keep working for me, and I'd recommend anyone suffering from similar issues that I have to really give a thought to combining Eck's principles with Peat's!

Dante

In particular, the principle about getting more zinc than copper has been doing me a lot of good. My appetite is getting huge again, I'm becoming very social again, and my hair is growing back massively. I guess I was in burnout... In particular, my hair has been growing back so quickly that the (albeit small) bald spot and slightly receding hair line I used to have are completely gone.
Could you elaborate more on this please ? Are you taking any specific supplement that helped you ?

DaveFoster

Saturated fats provide a good source of energy since they're preferably burned. They can mitigate endotoxic risks and displace PUFAs in store. Saturated fats are especially useful during periods of stress.
673182b774103c7d7867085338c579c7f64c3c1bbc9615a67724a131738566cd.jpg

OP
Amazoniac

Amazoniac

Attachments

• healthview-newsletter-27-29.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 129

Diokine

@Amazoniac

Thank you for the links. I've been observing patterns relating minerals and well-being lately and this is fitting in very nicely. Much appreciated.

OP
Amazoniac

Amazoniac

HTMA Science — References · Nutritional Balancing.org

--
I contacted ARL once to ask about the recordings and they told me they were only available on "CD". I'm not sure what that is, I searched online and they look like big plates or something, but what are you supposed to do with them? Maybe I should try to find a dinosaur somewhere into the wild and ask. But I asked a reptile that was passing on the street and it told me that they're still in use, though not apparent. I'm confused.
Why they don't just send people the transcription through doves or sea bottles? Much easier.

Xisca

Have you seen this PDF? Gives a bit more history. Interesting.

http://www.hairanalysistest.biz/TheOxidationTypes.pdf

Great!

"However, many slow oxidizers are still in a sympathetic dominant condition described elsewhere,
in which their sympathetic system is in fact even more active than in many fast oxidizers.
This causes poor circulation to the extremities."

This is what we know about a freeze response!
The appearance is about a person in a para-sympathetic state,
but actually the Sympathetic system is strongly active.

This is the situation that removes the most energy you can imagine.

Xisca

I did Nutritional Balancing for a bit...was actually rather obsessed with it after reading that article. It was completely phenomenal at first, but then I seriously stagnated for multiple months. After that I more or less gave it up to pursue the simpler methods talked about here.

By the way, there's quite a "schism" these days between the two major hair test labs--each founded by one of the co-founders of "Nutritional Balancing". One follows Dr. Eck's work and one follows Dr. Watts. Very, very, very interesting theories and applications in Nutritional Balancing though.
"I have known people who will stay on the program
for as long as a year without getting a retest. Then
they will come back to me and say that our program
helped them for a while
and then their condition
returned
. They say they feel as bad as they ever did.
This is what some individuals do today. They try to
save a little money and they end up wasting all their
money."
Seems we have to commit or not do it...

L

lollipop

Great!

"However, many slow oxidizers are still in a sympathetic dominant condition described elsewhere,
in which their sympathetic system is in fact even more active than in many fast oxidizers.
This causes poor circulation to the extremities."

This is what we know about a freeze response!
The appearance is about a person in a para-sympathetic state,
but actually the Sympathetic system is strongly active.

This is the situation that removes the most energy you can imagine.
The more I wrap my head around the sympathetic nervous system and the parasympathetic nervous system, the more I think these need to be addressed more often than they currently are. I know you are a big advocate and I appreciate you nudging me in this direction, though you didn't know you did - lol.

Xisca

@lisaferraro Thanks for this... I know I have been heavy on this all the time on this forum... I try to connect with "the rest" to not be my nose too close on it too! What I like is discovering the link between nutrition and ANS!

And I can make a confidence to you... I did not know I did, as you say, because it was so strange that at some energetic level, I could feel that you were closed to me when I read you, and now I read you ...close! with no d lol

On my side, I try to learn more about the limbic system!

L

lollipop

@lisaferraro Thanks for this... I know I have been heavy on this all the time on this forum... I try to connect with "the rest" to not be my nose too close on it too! What I like is discovering the link between nutrition and ANS!

And I can make a confidence to you... I did not know I did, as you say, because it was so strange that at some energetic level, I could feel that you were closed to me when I read you, and now I read you ...close! with no d lol

On my side, I try to learn more about the limbic system!
:): Never "closed". :kisscheek

I love to read and learn and observe. There are many things I do not understand and LOVE learning. Sometimes it takes me awhile to put it all together. Also at times I get very busy and not a lot of time to comment. I have enjoyed the boldness in how you came and participated so actively ❤️❤️

DaveFoster

While I appreciated the concepts, I've never read so many errors and mystic assumptions of biology compiled in a single work as present in the Chatsworth book.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals