energy and structure

Nicholas

How do you interpret/explain, "energy and structure are interdependent"?

for me, super simplified, i see it as meaning that all systems of the body are really one system by fact of the cell being the energy house. you can't separate function or dysfunction anywhere in the body from cellular function and dysfunction. the implication with this understanding is that the new treatment becomes the energy mechanics of the cell.

I think because energy establishes structure, and structure determines the path that the energy takes. As you can see, neither comes first.

OP
Nicholas

Nicholas

Such_Saturation said:
https://raypeatforum.com/forums/posts/97314/ I think because energy establishes structure, and structure determines the path that the energy takes. As you can see, neither comes first.

beautiful! i hadn't really thought that out before, but it is completely in line with the way i understand the body. "neither comes first"
"structure" has implications even into the physical world around us...
sometimes a change in architecture is needed...

Last edited by a moderator:
Indeed, we have such a fine control over structure and we still neglect it. A great deal better energy flow can be achieved at little energetic cost.

XPlus

I think of it like electrical wiring or electronics.
Without energy they're just lifeless dull material.

VC0JE.gif

Think of a car that only worked whenever it was driven. The more you drive it (within reason) the more it sustains itself, repairs itself and upgrades itself. The less you drive it, the more damage it accumulates, the more it rusts and the more it begins to degrade. Without use, the car ceases to exist.

Suikerbuik

Architecture is everything, without it you'll get cancer, malfunctioning, inflammation, etc. (this is also why I couldn't agree with your view that dysfunction is a sign of being functional). Only think about how proteins fold; without the proper folding you don't have the right function. Proteins fold into their lowest free energy state possible, however energy cannot be created nor be destroyed, so the energy has become 'structural energy' - instructed by its environment. This is also why that paper Haidut recently brought up on aging and cellular stress inducing changes in redox potential in the endoplasmic reticulum and cytosol is so interesting. (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26228940)

Also have a look at his one: Quantum Criticality in life's proteins (Update)

OP
Nicholas

Nicholas

Suikerbuik said:
https://raypeatforum.com/forums/posts/97389/ Architecture is everything, without it you'll get cancer, malfunctioning, inflammation, etc. (this is also why I couldn't agree with your view that dysfunction is a sign of being functional).

the quote that you are misquoting is: "Dysfunction proves how functional the body is."

and we have always agreed on the environmental impact on the body (including architecture).

Last edited by a moderator:

Suikerbuik

No argue Nicholas just giving my 2ct here about the interdependency of structure and energy. I also didn't mean to quote you; in all fairness I should have maybe, but to me there is no difference in meaning.