post 115186
Makrosky said:
haidut said:
post 115130
Amazoniac said:
post 114648
haidut said:
Amazoniac said:
post 114255 haidut, I read on TMZ that in 2016 your Energin will contain pantothenic acid; can you confirm this?

What is TMZ? Not sure who quotes me but until I see some more solid research on effects of exogenous supplementation of pantothenic acid, folid acid and vitamin B12 I have no plans to include these 3 vitamins.
haidut, we can argue in favor of all B vits to include in a supplement. However, unlike with b5, there are well known reasons why not supplement with b9 and b12. I wonder if there's a reason why not include b5..?

I has been shown to boost cortisol production even in healthy people. Also, I don't think it affects directly mitochondrial health like B1, B2, and B3. I may include it at some point in the future but I need to convince myself of its merits first and so far the evidence for it is not strong, in marked contrast to the B1, B2, B3, B6, and biotin group.

For me the current Energin formula works very good. 3 doses so far. Provides a clean energy non maniac like the one I get from other commercial b-complex produc
ts.

Simple things work better and I like your conservative hipocratic approach of "first not harm".

Btw Ray mentions B5 favorably in Nutrition for Women. Can't remember the context though. If anyone is interested I can copypaste the paragraphs.

Yeah, I think he talked about it in context of women recovering from "carcinoma in situ". However, since then he has not written much about it and people who asked him directly in an email either did not get a response or got "no interest" reply just like the one he gave about PQQ.

Last edited by a moderator:

BastiFuntasty

Haidut, have you already added Biotin to the Energin mixture? I have putten some stripes on my bottle to block the sunlight, hence I can't read the actual ingredients anymore :roll:

Edit: alright, found 1mg per dose Biotin in it ^^

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter

Dotdash

I just received my Energin and took my first dose this morning in OJ. Could not taste the vitamins... That's a plus! B Vitamins have always been difficult for me to digest no matter how small the dose. Since I am not well versed on the metric system I converted the mL doses into teaspoons/tablespoons. This makes it easy for me to measure the drops accordingly. Hoping for good results in the way of much needed energy.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Dotdash said:
post 116989 I just received my Energin and took my first dose this morning in OJ. Could not taste the vitamins... That's a plus! B Vitamins have always been difficult for me to digest no matter how small the dose. Since I am not well versed on the metric system I converted the mL doses into teaspoons/tablespoons. This makes it easy for me to measure the drops accordingly. Hoping for good results in the way of much needed energy.

That is good news. Many people do not like the taste of thiamine (B1) so I am glad you can't taste it. Energin usually shows its effects within 48 hours of use, assuming there is no pre-existing deficiency that it needs to correct first.

Dotdash

Good to know haidut. I think it's already working.... Of course, that is because I inadvertently took a teaspoon this morning rather than 1/2 tsp. That would be about twice the normal dosage. I wondered why I was feeling so "energetic" and then realized my error. I guess, not a bad one to make. I will update progress so you will have feedback. I am assuming this thread is okay to do this on?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Dotdash said:
post 117053 Good to know haidut. I think it's already working.... Of course, that is because I inadvertently took a teaspoon this morning rather than 1/2 tsp. That would be about twice the normal dosage. I wondered why I was feeling so "energetic" and then realized my error. I guess, not a bad one to make. I will update progress so you will have feedback. I am assuming this thread is okay to do this on?

Sure, updates on Energin effects can be posted on this thread. If the mods disagree with me they may move the post elsewhere but for a start it can be posted here.

johnwester130

the picture on ideaslabs is upside down

and what is the new updated label with biotin
upsidedown-computer.jpg

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
johnwester130 said:
post 117408 the picture on ideaslabs is upside down

and what is the new updated label with biotin
upsidedown-computer.jpg

I'll try to fix the inverted pic. It only shows up like that in some browsers but I agree that it can look weird.
The biotin (B7) is listed on label as the last ingredient. You can see it on the inverted picture if you rotate the pic 180 degrees in either direction.
Thanks for pointing it out.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
johnwester130 said:
post 117688 Do I apply this to my wrist ?

What is the absorption of common b supplements ?

You can apply it anywhere that doesn't stain clothes. The beginning of the thread discusses the absorption of B vitamins - i.e. most of them absorb 80%+ within the first hour and then the other 20% absorb over a period of 12 hours if you let the solution stay that long on your skin.

dfspcc20

I couldn't find it in my quick scan of this thread- do you recommend to keep this product refrigerated?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
dfspcc20 said:
post 119623 I couldn't find it in my quick scan of this thread- do you recommend to keep this product refrigerated?

Not refrigerated but in a dark place. Vitamin B2 is very sensitive to UV light.

Mr Rossi

haidut, we can argue in favor of all B vits to include in a supplement. However, unlike with b5, there are well known reasons why not supplement with b9 and b12. I wonder if there's a reason why not include b5..?

I always got strong reactions when I earlier took a B multivitamin with all B vitamins (different brands).
I got brain fog and severe tiredness and fatigue from them.
A few of the B vitamins I have probably not tolerated.

For some weeks now I take Vitamin B1 and B2 without problems as individual preparations. In the next order I will order ENERGIN anddo a test.

Maybe it's better not to make too many B vitamins in one supplement.
Or possibly produce 2 different ENERGIN Supplements.

dfspcc20

Not refrigerated but in a dark place. Vitamin B2 is very sensitive to UV light.

Any reason *not* to refrigerate it? I think I remember someone saying it might cause something to separate out.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Any reason *not* to refrigerate it? I think I remember someone saying it might cause something to separate out.

I can make the vitamins precipitate, but they can re-dissolve by warming up and shaking. Virtually anything dissolved in a liquid will precipitate at a lower temperature. Nothing in Energin spoils, so no need to refrigerate it but no harm either except the reversible precipitation.

dfspcc20

Thanks! And hope the blizzard there on the east coast isn't affecting you too much.

cairncra

Would the ethanol in Energin be absorbed via topical application? I have HIT and possibly MCAS. I've been taking Energin for 3 days and have increasing histamine type headache (feels like migraine with pain in skull sinuses, ears, neck, shoulders). Usually alcohol is not good for people with HIT, so I don't know if the ethanol has built up in my system (also taking Estroban which, of course, also contains ethanol), or if it's something about B vitamins or perhaps none of the above. (I have increased my coffee intake slightly, so it could also be that).
Would anyone be able to comment on this please?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Thanks! And hope the blizzard there on the east coast isn't affecting you too much.

It is snowing quite a bit but I would not call it a storm really. Back in Bulgaria we can get up to 8 feet of snow in some areas and 2-3 feet in the cities is quite regular in the winter.
Would the ethanol in Energin be absorbed via topical application? I have HIT and possibly MCAS. I've been taking Energin for 3 days and have increasing histamine type headache (feels like migraine with pain in skull sinuses, ears, neck, shoulders). Usually alcohol is not good for people with HIT, so I don't know if the ethanol has built up in my system (also taking Estroban which, of course, also contains ethanol), or if it's something about B vitamins or perhaps none of the above. (I have increased my coffee intake slightly, so it could also be that).
Would anyone be able to comment on this please?

I don't think it is form the ethanol. Most likely, Energin is making you hypoglycemia as it tends to do that due to the thiamine and niacinamide inside. If it was an allergic reaction I'd expect it to plug your nose and even generates rash but since this is not the case my next guess would be the hypoglycemia.
Thanks for reporting though.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals