Energin - Liquid B-Complex Vitamin Mix

Mufasa

@haidut

Just one thing I want to note.
Lately, people are getting more interested in what I have done to improve so much the last couple of years.
I always say to start experimenting with simple stuff, such as food and supplementing as A, D, E, K, the B-vitamins, etc.

I think Energin is great, and I recommend it a lot, but many people often complain about how expensive it is.
It is at this moment 25 dollar per month.
It seems absurd to them, and instead, most of the time they say, hey I found this other B-complex.

I prefer Energin as I don't want to ingest high dosages of folic acid and B12, but they certainly have a point.
For example, LifeExtension has a B-complex product with similar dosages as Energin or higher (and with other vitamins) and is 12 dollar per month.

After adding B5 to energin, you increased the price with 5 dollars per bottle.
In a bottle is 30*100mg=3g of B5.
If I look at the prices at purebulk.com for B5, I find the price range (dependent on the amount ordered) per 3g to be between:
0.10 - 0.30 dollar

I understand that handmaking the products is time intensive, but let's say it like this, as a fan of your products, I have a hard time selling Energin and I'm sure that if you would have a more competitive price it would be a more interesting option for a lot of people.

What about adding an option that you can get 6 bottles for 100 dollars?

@haidut (and everyone else),

I started with Energin about two weeks ago. The first day I took 12-13 drops (7-8 orally, 5 topically), after that 10 drops orally and 5 topically daily. Typically before lunch or mid day, always together with juice and a meal as I read in this thread it lowers blood sugar. I even started eating a bit more food (and sugar) than usual since I have for the past year had some problems that I believe are related to low blood sugar/hypoglycemia.

However, within a week my hypoglycemia suddenly became much worse, both more frequently and more severe – to the extent that I could hardly sleep at night. Symptoms include shivering, shaking, hunger, cold hands+feet, dizziness, really tense muscles, anxiety. First I thought this was purely panic attacks (I have a history of anxiety disorder), until I realized shoveling down super sugary food would fairly quickly bring relief.

But food high in sugar only helped temporarily. I had to increase my food intake and frequency so much that it was unsustainable (I’ve always eaten a lot, I’m not a diabetic, I’m not dieting). When it was worst it was quite ridiculous, I had to eat sugary food every 2 hours, even during the night in order to handle these low blood sugar attacks. I could even get an attack in the middle of a meal, I would then have to pause the meal and eat something sugary, then after the attack resume my meal.

I suspected Energin has contributed to my blood sugar crashes, even though I had been eating more. But I realized some other supplements I have been taking (and lately increased my dosage of) might also be contributing. One is Thorne Stress-B-Complex which I take one pill every second day, and Niacinamide 250mg 2-3 capsules per day, both with meals (split into two to three doses). I have also been taking L-lysine for several weeks, 2-3gr per day (split into three doses).

I quit taking both Energin and the other B supplements 4 days ago. Things eventually became somewhat better, but I still need to eat sugary foods (like dates) far too much and too often (compared to before) in order not to get these low blood sugar crashes.

Do you think these problems could be due to Energin? Or was Niacinamide a bigger factor?

I have also started taking Oxidal, could that affect things? (have only used it topically, 1-3 drops per day)

Thank you for any help

I forgot to mention that I had also been taking Doctor's best Suntheanine 150mg 1-2 capsules a few hours before bedtime for some weeks prior to starting Energin. I then stopped taking it around the same time as I quit Energin.

I understand this shows how terrible my liver is at storing glycogen and that's what really needs to be addressed. But I also believe some of these supplements are very beneficial for restoring metabolism and lowering stress hormones, so I hope i could gradually reintroduce them in a much more careful fashion, probably one at a time. I would really appreciate any input or suggestion here.

Amazoniac

@haidut (and everyone else),

I started with Energin about two weeks ago. The first day I took 12-13 drops (7-8 orally, 5 topically), after that 10 drops orally and 5 topically daily. Typically before lunch or mid day, always together with juice and a meal as I read in this thread it lowers blood sugar. I even started eating a bit more food (and sugar) than usual since I have for the past year had some problems that I believe are related to low blood sugar/hypoglycemia.

However, within a week my hypoglycemia suddenly became much worse, both more frequently and more severe – to the extent that I could hardly sleep at night. Symptoms include shivering, shaking, hunger, cold hands+feet, dizziness, really tense muscles, anxiety. First I thought this was purely panic attacks (I have a history of anxiety disorder), until I realized shoveling down super sugary food would fairly quickly bring relief.

But food high in sugar only helped temporarily. I had to increase my food intake and frequency so much that it was unsustainable (I’ve always eaten a lot, I’m not a diabetic, I’m not dieting). When it was worst it was quite ridiculous, I had to eat sugary food every 2 hours, even during the night in order to handle these low blood sugar attacks. I could even get an attack in the middle of a meal, I would then have to pause the meal and eat something sugary, then after the attack resume my meal.

I suspected Energin has contributed to my blood sugar crashes, even though I had been eating more. But I realized some other supplements I have been taking (and lately increased my dosage of) might also be contributing. One is Thorne Stress-B-Complex which I take one pill every second day, and Niacinamide 250mg 2-3 capsules per day, both with meals (split into two to three doses). I have also been taking L-lysine for several weeks, 2-3gr per day (split into three doses).

I quit taking both Energin and the other B supplements 4 days ago. Things eventually became somewhat better, but I still need to eat sugary foods (like dates) far too much and too often (compared to before) in order not to get these low blood sugar crashes.

Do you think these problems could be due to Energin? Or was Niacinamide a bigger factor?

I have also started taking Oxidal, could that affect things? (have only used it topically, 1-3 drops per day)

Thank you for any help
I forgot to mention that I had also been taking Doctor's best Suntheanine 150mg 1-2 capsules a few hours before bedtime for some weeks prior to starting Energin. I then stopped taking it around the same time as I quit Energin.

I understand this shows how terrible my liver is at storing glycogen and that's what really needs to be addressed. But I also believe some of these supplements are very beneficial for restoring metabolism and lowering stress hormones, so I hope i could gradually reintroduce them in a much more careful fashion, probably one at a time. I would really appreciate any input or suggestion here.
You're taking a lot of some of these vitamins, it isn't uncommon for this to become counterproductive. You might be creating a problem that wasn't there. Vinero can pull it off but that's because he's from the Netherlands. I know you're in Sweden but only Netherlands is Netherlands.

Does you gets enough protein (with glycine), choline, betaine, creatine, magnesium, and perhaps inositol? It's possible that you have depleted yourself of methyl donors. If so, some extra folate might be beneficial as well.
Thorne Stress-B-Complex provides only 14 mg of choline per serving, it seems that they just want to state it on the label.

Last edited:
OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter

I think @Amazoniac gave you a great answer. I don't know of many people who use Energin and take more B vitamins in top of that. So, if you decide to start again, I would try to stick to only 1 product with B complex and also avoid piling more niacinamide on top of that.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Just a quick heads up. The original post has also been updated but the picture on the website is still old and we should be able to change it this coming week.

We changed the Energin bottle from 2 ounce to the 1 ounce size. The amount of vitamins per dose and the servings per bottle (30) stay the same. So, basically, the same product but more concentrated and thus with less liquid. Many people have asked for smaller bottles as measuring 40 drops from the 2oz bottle is tedious and with the new bottle a single serving will be only 20 drops. Also, the smaller bottle is obviously lighter and this will lower shipping costs, especially for international orders.

If you have any questions/comments/concerns I am all ears.

Mauritio

Just a quick heads up. The original post has also been updated but the picture on the website is still old and we should be able to change it this coming week.

We changed the Energin bottle from 2 ounce to the 1 ounce size. The amount of vitamins per dose and the servings per bottle (30) stay the same. So, basically, the same product but more concentrated and thus with less liquid. Many people have asked for smaller bottles as measuring 40 drops from the 2oz bottle is tedious and with the new bottle a single serving will be only 20 drops. Also, the smaller bottle is obviously lighter and this will lower shipping costs, especially for international orders.

If you have any questions/comments/concerns I am all ears.
The old bottle was really a pain in the **** for getting drops out of it. At this point I have given up trying to get drops out of it and just pour some liquid in the bottle cap. Will this issue be resolved ?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
The old bottle was really a pain in the **** for getting drops out of it. At this point I have given up trying to get drops out of it and just pour some liquid in the bottle cap. Will this issue be resolved ?

So far we have not had any complaints with the new bottles/formulation.

Mauritio

So far we have not had any complaints with the new bottles/formulation.
OK, great . I have already placed a new order anyway. Other than what I mentioned it was a great product.

Light

Hi @haidut ,
I really love your products, and i'm still finding my way around the right dosages.
With Energin, taking the full dose makes me woozy- blurred vision, bad memory, increased brain fog...,
even though I try to follow a pro-metabolic diet (milk and cheese, orange juice etc).
What could cause such a negative reaction?
Thanks

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Hi @haidut ,
I really love your products, and i'm still finding my way around the right dosages.
With Energin, taking the full dose makes me woozy- blurred vision, bad memory, increased brain fog...,
even though I try to follow a pro-metabolic diet (milk and cheese, orange juice etc).
What could cause such a negative reaction?
Thanks

Low blood sugar can cause all of these. Also, maybe the full dose is too much for you. I would try half the dose and after a meal.

Mauritio

Out of curiosity : is there a specific reason why you lowered B5 and increased (only slightly) B2 if I compare the latest batches?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Out of curiosity : is there a specific reason why you lowered B5 and increased (only slightly) B2 if I compare the latest batches?

Solubility issues with higher doses B5. This seems to be the highest we can dissolve without causing precipitation issues. We have not really changed B2 as far as I can remember. What discrepancies did you see between batches.

Mauritio

Solubility issues with higher doses B5. This seems to be the highest we can dissolve without causing precipitation issues. We have not really changed B2 as far as I can remember. What discrepancies did you see between batches.
Okay 50 mg is still plenty.
I have two different batches they both have 15mg B2 ; the original post says 20 mg.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Okay 50 mg is still plenty.
I have two different batches they both have 15mg B2 ; the original post says 20 mg.

Yeah, that post is from 4 years ago. I will change it. Same reason as B5 - beyound a certain level of a specific vitamin we start getting precipitation, so we use the maximum that allows for a clear solution. For the records, Peat thinks even 10mg B2 is plenty.

Mauritio

Yeah, that post is from 4 years ago. I will change it. Same reason as B5 - beyound a certain level of a specific vitamin we start getting precipitation, so we use the maximum that allows for a clear solution. For the records, Peat thinks even 10mg B2 is plenty.
Thanks .Especially the R5P version .

TeslaFan

@haidut, great job overall with Energin, especially with addition of b5.
Question: why is it packaged in a transparent bottle, considering it contains light-sensitive Riboflavin?

dfspcc20

@haidut
When did Energin go from $19.99 to $24.99? Just curious. I last ordered it in Oct 2017 when it was $19.99, and am planning to order again. I see you made it more concentrated and added B5 since then.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals