Energin - Liquid B-Complex Vitamin Mix

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Breaves86 said:
https://raypeatforum.com/forums/posts/96120/ Haidut, do you think this supplement used topically would be safe during pregnancy? I eat well, but I cannot get in enough B vitamins, not even the RDA amount. I am 6 months along.

Someone asked this question but about kids. My response is that with young kids and pregnancy you should ask your doctor before taking any extra vitamins. The doses in Energin are not high so I don't much risk but you never know how a pregnant person may react. In some women vitamin B1 (thiamine) can cause uterine contractions and this is certainly something you don't want, at least not for another 3 months:):

Last edited by a moderator:

FredSonoma

My friends have been telling me that I smell like B-Vitamins, or fishy, all the time. Does that mean I am taking too much? I like how it makes me feel, but I don't wanna smell bad :? what could I do about the smell?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
FredSonoma said:
post 99558 My friends have been telling me that I smell like B-Vitamins, or fishy, all the time. Does that mean I am taking too much? I like how it makes me feel, but I don't wanna smell bad :? what could I do about the smell?
Never heard about B vitamins causing this. Could be the thiamine, but I doubt it. Glycine is known to mitigate body odor so you can try that.

Giraffe

The product has changed since the first post. I collected the relevant information from this thread. Is the following correct?

Bottle size - 2oz (~60g)
Servings per container - 30
Serving size - 2ml (~2g) = 20 drops 40 drops

Each serving contains:
B1 (Thiamine HCL) 50mg
B2 (Riboflavin 5' Phosphate) 15mg
B3 (Niacinamide) 100mg
B6 (Pyridoxine 5' Phosphate) 6mg
B7 (Biotin) 1mg
Distilled water and 20% ethanol solution, can be applied topically/dermally as well as orally. The topical absorption is over 90% for the vitamins above.

Don't keep in the fridge since the ingredients precipitate at lower temperatures. Keep it in dark location to avoid sunlight affecting vitamin B2.

Kasper

Still woud prefer a bottle that blocks sunlight (like the one for estroban) but overall really happy with this product! Use it daily.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Giraffe said:
post 99696 The product has changed since the first post. I collected the relevant information from this thread. Is the following correct?

Bottle size - 2oz (~60g)
Servings per container - 30
Serving size - 2ml (~2g) = 20 drops

Each serving contains:
B1 (Thiamine HCL) 50mg
B2 (Riboflavin 5' Phosphate) 15mg
B3 (Niacinamide) 100mg
B6 (Pyridoxine 5' Phosphate) 6mg
B7 (Biotin) 1mg
Distilled water and 20% ethanol solution, can be applied topically/dermally as well as orally. The topical absorption is over 90% for the vitamins above.

Don't keep in the fridge since the ingredients precipitate at lower temperatures. Keep it in dark location to avoid sunlight affecting vitamin B2.

The only that has "changed" is that originally the product as described in the beginning of the thread did not have biotin and now it does. Is there anything else that you think has changed?

Giraffe

haidut said:
post 99735 The only that has "changed" is that originally the product as described in the beginning of the thread did not have biotin and now it does. Is there anything else that you think has changed?
- Riboflavin was 20mg according to your original post.
- You wrote there is 90% topical absorption in the original post. Is that also true for biotin?
- Oops, I made a mistake... You wrote: 1 ml = 20 drops. -> serving size = 40 drops

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Giraffe said:
post 99737
haidut said:
post 99735 The only that has "changed" is that originally the product as described in the beginning of the thread did not have biotin and now it does. Is there anything else that you think has changed?
- Riboflavin was 20mg according to your original post.
- You wrote there is 90% topical absorption in the original post. Is that also true for biotin?
- Oops, I made a mistake... You wrote: 1 ml = 20 drops. -> serving size = 40 drops

Yes, I think the study that looked at the B vitamins found high absorption for biotin as well.

Giraffe

Ugh! Energin smells terrible! I took seven drops. Within minutes my temps went into the basement, and I got some short uproar in the gut (had this before with Thiamine HCL). I felt a very strong urge to rush to the kitchen and get some food in. Food tastes terrible...

30 minutes later... My temps are up again. The gut is fine. I feel like I better eat constantly or I get headaches. I smell like a goat! No way I will ever leave the house! I'll stay home and eat!

And my liver... A sense of well-being! I don't remember when it felt like this the last time...

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Giraffe said:
post 100654 Ugh! Energin smells terrible! I took seven drops. Within minutes my temps went into the basement, and I got some short uproar in the gut (had this before with Thiamine HCL). I felt a very strong urge to rush to the kitchen and get some food in. Food tastes terrible...

30 minutes later... My temps are up again. The gut is fine. I feel like I better eat constantly or I get headaches. I smell like a goat! No way I will ever leave the house! I'll stay home and eat!

And my liver... A sense of well-being! I don't remember when it felt like this the last time...

Energin has a foul smell due to the thiamine. I was hoping that the ethanol would mask that smell somewhat and/or diminish the taste a bit but I guess it is not very successful in doing that. But, even with the bad smell, it should help improve health, including liver function.

Giraffe

I used Energin topically, but my reaction to the thiamine was as if had taken it orally: Within minutes uproar in the gut and foul taste... strange...

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Giraffe said:
post 100658 I used Energin topically, but my reaction to the thiamine was as if had taken it orally: Within minutes uproar in the gut and foul taste... strange...

Well, for me it is good news. It means the vitamins are very well absorbed topically.

Nicholas

weird, i never thought of it as smelling "bad" or "foul" - just kind of an irritating smell. I feel like i smell like "vitamins".

FredSonoma

Do you think eating Energin could make the smell less bad? It seems that when I use it topically, even after showering and everything, as soon as I sweat, I smell very strongly of the vitamins. Is it possible that when it goes through my digestion, that my body is able to store it better or something? Since topical would go straight to my blood, maybe my body can't store it and the excess just gets sweated out?

Also, the Energin seems to irritate my stomach almost immediately. Could this be because the ethanol?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
FredSonoma said:
post 102497 Do you think eating Energin could make the smell less bad? It seems that when I use it topically, even after showering and everything, as soon as I sweat, I smell very strongly of the vitamins. Is it possible that when it goes through my digestion, that my body is able to store it better or something? Since topical would go straight to my blood, maybe my body can't store it and the excess just gets sweated out?

Also, the Energin seems to irritate my stomach almost immediately. Could this be because the ethanol?

Energin is used mostly orally based on what I hear from people. I just can't officially endorse such use. The people who take it orally usually chase it down with some orange juice. The stomach upset is probably due to thiamine (B1). I get it myself when I take it on an empty stomach. It is a known side effect of thiamine and can be remediated by taking with food or decent dose juice / soda.

FredSonoma

haidut said:
post 102543
FredSonoma said:
post 102497 Do you think eating Energin could make the smell less bad? It seems that when I use it topically, even after showering and everything, as soon as I sweat, I smell very strongly of the vitamins. Is it possible that when it goes through my digestion, that my body is able to store it better or something? Since topical would go straight to my blood, maybe my body can't store it and the excess just gets sweated out?

Energin is used mostly orally based on what I hear from people. I just can't officially endorse such use. The people who take it orally usually chase it down with some orange juice. The stomach upset is probably due to thiamine (B1). I get it myself when I take it on an empty stomach. It is a known side effect of thiamine and can be remediated by taking with food or decent dose juice / soda.
Okay thanks Haidut!

scarlettsmum

When I'm stressed or not quite feeling well I get annoying painful sores in my mouth and side of my tongue. I was told that this could be due to vitamins b deficiency. Would this supplement help and should I take this daily or only when I get sores and how much? Also would history of anxiety possibly suggest deficiency in b vitamins?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
scarlettsmum said:
post 103762 When I'm stressed or not quite feeling well I get annoying painful sores in my mouth and side of my tongue. I was told that this could be due to vitamins b deficiency. Would this supplement help and should I take this daily or only when I get sores and how much? Also would history of anxiety possibly suggest deficiency in b vitamins?

Both of these symptoms CAN be vitamin B deficiency and it turns out to be a deficiency then Energin can help replenish levels. Most people who bought it take it at least once daily.

supercoolguy

So little Boitin? Ive understood it to benefit hair growth, is it too expensive an ingredient? (most multi vits skimp on biotin for that reason ive read, long time ago) Ok Tnx