Energin - Liquid B-Complex Vitamin Mix

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Kasper said:
Okay fair enough. When searching for it, I found this:

Ray Peat said:
Riboflavin can probably be useful when applied topically, but because of its extreme sensitivity to light, it should usually be used only internally, unless the treated skin is covered to prevent exposure to light.

If that is true, I still vote for a version without B2. Because if I use energin on a spot not covered by clothes, the B2 will be destroyed by light. And if I use on a spot covered by light, the B2 makes my clothes dirty. So in both cases, it is better if B2 is removed (for external use).

You could argue that as long as you add vitamin B2 to energin, than energin is not practical for external use. For internal use, it makes sense to add vitamin B2, but in that case it may be an idea to make sure it is in a bottle that blocks light.

Just some ideas, feel free to do whatever you want to do with it :)

Noted, we will change the bottle so that it is not transparent. Thanks for your comments.

Wilfrid

Haidut,

I have done some research lately regarding some positive/negative interactions among B vitamins ( vitamin B1 and B2 ( both in their "traditional" form) in a same liquid formulation being one of those) and minerals.
I don't know if the links that I'm going to put below are going to help you or not in your future formulations but anyway I thought that it could be helpful for you.
I do have other study/link that I can add if you want to see them. :D

First link:

Very interesting book ( go to page 62, a very good summary of B vitamins interactions, especially in liquid form but the whole book is fabulous )
http://english.360elib.com/datu/Q/EM298694.pdf

Another good summary:
http://libgen.org/scimag/get.php?doi=10 ... 2600711003

I know that there isn't any vitamin C in Energin but, in this article too, the authors provided explanations about B1/ B2 mutual interactions in liquid formulation.
http://libgen.org/scimag/get.php?doi=10 ... 3030460216

Both Ulrich Killeit and Peter Berry Ottaway have also made a very good work about this suject.
And for those that will ask, yes I did read those studies, including the book from P.B. Ottaway :wink:

Suikerbuik

Wilfrid could you sent me the first pdf by pm? My virus scanner keeps blocking it :| Thanks for the other two!

This thread also make me wonder about that article last year: http://www.scienceinpublic.com.au/media-releases/tcell
You're obviously trying to get the purest quality. Perhaps the reported allergic effects Ray talks about, could be insufficienct conversion in the production process, or decomposition and not so much adjuvants maybe?

Wilfrid

Suikerbuik said:
Wilfrid could you sent me the first pdf by pm? My virus scanner keeps blocking it :| Thanks for the other two!

This thread also make me wonder about that article last year: http://www.scienceinpublic.com.au/media-releases/tcell
You're obviously trying to get the purest quality. Perhaps the reported allergic effects Ray talks about, could be insufficienct conversion in the production process, or decomposition and not so much adjuvants maybe?

Thank you for the article. You are onto something here. I can't tolerate B2 ( pure traditional form powder, co-enzymated form in liquid and co-enzymated pure powder) in a dosage above the usually recommended RDA and, even so, I have to split the dose through the ( one pill per meal) 3 meals ( I currently take biotics research Bio-B 100). I also, to some extent, got the same problem with thiamin but only with the traditional form not with the co-enzymated one.
EVERYTIME, I took unusual dose of B2 I got: 1- stomach burp-up and 2- diarrhea.
Now I understand that (in my case) certains vitamins are problematic ( especially B2 like Ray pointed out) and that stomach irritation/burping = later intestinal irritation. In the book " Interoceptors", there is clear explanations about this phenomenom. Some " receptors" in the stomach lining acts as the first digestive alarm to notify the host that an ingested substance are going to be irritating, inflammatory futher down to the GI tract.
And the link you kindly provide is very informative as to the relation between B2 and inflammatory bowel disease/intestinal irritation.
Thanks again, suikerbuik.

Wilfrid

For those who can't open the first link, if you google " Vademecum for vitamin formulations / Volker Buhler / pdf ", the book should pop up.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Wilfrid said:
For those who can't open the first link, if you google " Vademecum for vitamin formulations / Volker Buhler / pdf ", the book should pop up.

Thanks a lot for these! I will try to read them today and respond.

NathanK

Haidut, do you think there is any benefit breaking up the drops throughout the day or do you think one smash is all that's required. Also, with food or no food?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
NathanK said:
Haidut, do you think there is any benefit breaking up the drops throughout the day or do you think one smash is all that's required. Also, with food or no food?

Depends on tolerance I guess. I am not aware of much risk for overdose, so taking a full dose at once should be OK. If you can't tolerate it then split it up. B vitamins are usually better absorbed with food.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Hello everybody,

We will be on vacation for the next two weeks so won't be able to attend to orders placed between now and July 10. We will attend to those orders on July 11. Rather than shutting the store down like last year we decided to keep it open since the vendor we use for the online store has informed us that closing the store is only allowed if the company is shutting down. As such, we have to keep it open, but please keep in mind the 2 week delay for all orders placed between June 25 and July 10.
Thank for your understanding and we look forward to resuming work in 2 weeks.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
I am back from vacation so the store is in full operation now.

tara

Nicholas said:
i can't find where the recommended dosage is....
Look at the first post in this thread, or the paper insert if you have purchased it.

Nicholas

the first post doesn't say and there was no insert with my purchase....

tara

haidut said:
Bottle size - 2oz (~60g)
Servings per container - 30
Serving size - 2ml (~2g)

Each serving contains:
Thiamine HCL (Vit. B1): 50 mg
Riboflavin 5' Phosphate (Vit. B2): 20 mg
Niacinamide (Vit. B3): 100 mg
Pyrodoxine 5' Phosphate (Vit. B6): 6 mg
2ml serving size, you can use more or less if you want.

Nicholas

right, but other supplements have a recommended dosage and if it should be taken multiple times a day, etc. will just PM Haidut.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Nicholas said:
right, but other supplements have a recommended dosage and if it should be taken multiple times a day, etc. will just PM Haidut.

This is the suggested dosage - i.e. 2ml, and you should also ask your doctor. Some people take more, but that depends on the individual.

Milky

I saw a pic of Energin on the new website...is it still in a clear bottle or have the bottles been switched to solid in order to enhance protection from light damage (B2 for instance)? I may order again when I run out of the current bottle and was just curious.

My small review while I'm at it is that I definitely notice it helps with fatigue especially in the mornings before work, and I only use about 15 drops at a time (half dose). I made the mistake more than a few times of taking too much in the evening and it definitely wired me up, but just made me alert when I didn't want to be. Overall a noticeably positive experience so far.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Milky said:
I saw a pic of Energin on the new website...is it still in a clear bottle or have the bottles been switched to solid in order to enhance protection from light damage (B2 for instance)? I may order again when I run out of the current bottle and was just curious.

My small review while I'm at it is that I definitely notice it helps with fatigue especially in the mornings before work, and I only use about 15 drops at a time (half dose). I made the mistake more than a few times of taking too much in the evening and it definitely wired me up, but just made me alert when I didn't want to be. Overall a noticeably positive experience so far.

Excellent, thanks! As far as the wired up feeling I think it is the biotin causing this, but as you have noticed the best time to take pro-energetic supplements is earlier in the day to avoid overstimulation.
This last batch of bottles was from the clear kind since the vendor made a mistake and sent us the clear ones as "acceptable substitute" for the opaque ones. The next batch will be opaque. I apologize about this, hopefully it won't happen again.

Breaves86

Haidut, do you think this supplement used topically would be safe during pregnancy? I eat well, but I cannot get in enough B vitamins, not even the RDA amount. I am 6 months along.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals